FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

That’s what I was thinking but could not describe it.....there is no weight, everything looks like it’s hovering 2 inches off the turf......it looks absolutely shocking...I have to say

It really seems to be worse than ever..
Players have literally no weight..

I know that dropping speed and acceleration down used to bring some sort of weight into them, but I dont know if thats possible here..
Also - it used to fuck the stamina up, big time.
The only way to judge it without playing it will be to wait for some slidered to bits gameplay on Slow Speed..
this default thing is not a football game.

Oh dear.

It's not even the ball staying out of the net that annoys me, it's the movement in the penalty area. Players seem to take giant skating strides of about 6ft per step.
:LOL:

You've got to laugh now. They just need to rename it FIFA Ultimate Team 21 and be done with it.

games like FIFA 16 had a decent tactical side, and didn't have the movement issues.

I agree 14,15,16 was IMO the best fifa's ea has done. I still have them but cant remember what my email or password is on origin.

That’s what I was thinking but could not describe it.....there is no weight, everything looks like it’s hovering 2 inches off the turf......it looks absolutely shocking...I have to say

Are you sure they aren't wearing some new cutting edge nike airs ? :D

Last edited:
Oh yeah, while the trial version downloads you can apparently play the game in kick off mode only with a limited number of teams, basically the demo version! Υou know, the thing that they just couldn't find the time to "develop" because they wanted to focus on things like ...the trial version.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, while the trial version downloads you can apparently play the game in kick off mode only with a limited number of teams, basically the demo version! Υou know, the thing that they just couldn't find the time to "develop" because they wanted to focus on things like ...the trial version.
Bullshit, this is a standard feature for modern games. By the way, the trial version is the full version with a time limit in case you didn't notice.

Bullshit, this is a standard feature for modern games. By the way, the trial version is the full version with a time limit in case you didn't notice.

No idea what your point is. Yes, the trial version is the full version with a time limit (no time limit if you have the expensive subscription) and the demo is basically the stripped down version that downloads first.

Thanks to a very kind person, I'll be on this tonight. I'm going to try and hold off purchasing on console until we're on next-gen machines, but depending on how I get on with the early access version tonight, I might buckle.

I'll try and take some clips, if my PC can handle it. Is there anything people would like to know, or see?

Thanks to a very kind person, I'll be on this tonight. I'm going to try and hold off purchasing on console until we're on next-gen machines, but depending on how I get on with the early access version tonight, I might buckle.

I'll try and take some clips, if my PC can handle it. Is there anything people would like to know, or see?

I will have the 10 hour trial too, first things I will be checking:

1. A full game against man city! After hundreds of test games against man city in 20 to try and fix the game, that will be a great comparison.
2. Do the cpu teams change mentality based on the scoreline. If the answer is no, that is an instant uninstall and cancelation of EA Play for me. There is abso-freaking-lutely no point to playing any match in CM otherwise.
3. Is there a midfield or can I pass forward even in a half-asleep state. Again a good enough reason for an instant uninstall.

Then I may get to the defending and the goalfest aspect of the game I suppose...

Last edited:
2. Do the cpu teams change mentality based on the scoreline. If the answer is no, that is an instant uninstall and cancelation of EA Play for me. There is abso-freaking-lutely no point to playing any match in CM otherwise.
3. Is there a midfield or can I pass forward even in a half-asleep state. Again a good enough reason for an instant uninstall.
Please let me know how long it takes to uninstall. Thanks.

I will have the 10 hour trial too, first things I will be checking:

1. A full game against man city! After hundreds of test games against man city in 20 to try and fix the game, that will be a great comparison.

Then I may get to the defending and the goalfest aspect of the game I suppose...
I think (hope) you might be pleasantly surprised by 1 & 2, but disappointed by 3. From what I've seen/heard of the beta.

I don't think the goalfest thing will be too much of an issue offline, especially not with sliders. My bigger worry is Legendary being too easy without turning on "playing a 12-year-old savant" mode, i.e. Competitor Mode.

My other worry is, has the beta been completely trashed. Again.

I'd quite like to see and read your take on a match between two shite teams. Everything I've seen so far is the crème de la crème and that's just not my scene on FIFA.

How does the CPU defend?
Still easy down the wings?
Defense to forwards,any build up or 2-3 passes and then they're in/outside your box?
Foot planting.
Passing (do the CPU adjust body positioning/pull back when they pass.
Corners,have they improved them (think I've scored once or twice on 20)?

I do have the 10 hrs trial version,but I'm pretty swamped til the wknd with stuff.
@Chris Davies

What is the good, bad, same againts fifa 20.. ? If mostly the same or not that really better.. i probably want to try ea play where fifa 20 is available besides other games i have not tried before. Until Next gen fifa come to pc. Thanks.

hey @Chris Davies
i would like to know the following:

- will you use os fifa sliders?
- will you have a match or two with slower game speed and/or on full manual?
- how is the weight of players and footplanting (skating)?
- any improvements to overall and ball physics?
- differences to fifa20 (gameplay only)?

you know what i'm looking for...! ;)

thank you.

* Says "competitor mode" makes the game much harder

* Draws 2-2, then wins 4-0

IiAZCex.png

I subscribed to EA Play Pro once again. Little less than three hours to go. If anything, I just hope it's better than FIFA 20.
giphy.gif

No, it's not. The game downloads the essential files first and becomes playable at that point. Additional assets are downloaded after that.

Right, but all i'm saying is that it's *basically* the demo (a stripped down version with just a bunch of the assets/teams) while you're saying that it's not *literally* the demo. Well yeah obviously. It's not the demo in a literal sense because they choose not to release it and made a bunch of BS statements about it, which is what i'm having a dig at.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom