FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Thank you fifa 21! You saved me lot of money this year. Bought fifa 14 and 16 together 5 euro And maybe next season i will try this for 5 euro with matt sliders even now there are shorter halve sets.

I just went back to fifa 16 and can't believe how much better it is than 21. I haven't installed updates, does anyone know if it changes the game?

Is it something i am doing wrong or can i still not use Elland road in anything other than Kick off mode??? i am playing on PS4

Nearly finished my 10 hour trial. In brief it's too easy to get one on one with the keeper and too hard to score from other situations. 90% of my goals are the same.

My Club and UT will continue to be the modes most invested by developers, including FIFA's gameplay has been shaped with UT as one of the priorities, which is why these errors occur in offline. EA itself said in The Pitch Notes that Overral + 90 is what matters. Offline it's almost impossible to get player with more than 90 defensive awareness.

Remember Attributes > Overall

Guys, something incredible just happened!

I got a free kick in a dangerous spot in a singleplayer match.

But that's not all!

I accidentally did it the wrong way by applying top spin via right stick before pressing the shooting button because I couldn't even remember the free kick controls anymore.

But that's not all!

The ball still went in! Isn't that G R E A T?

I have never really played FIFA Ultimate Team but I decided to give it a go after Christmas. I slowly built up my team and then played Divisional Rivals upto Division 5 and qualified for the weekend league (FUT Champions), thus far it was ok, the gameplay isn't the best but the majority of time (75% plus) i enjoyed it because I did get variety in opponents and they had different players/formations etc.

Then I entered the weekend league. OMG. What a mess, almost every team had a front 4 of Mbappe, Mane, Salah and Neymar, or just packed their teams with high pace players, played full backs as their central defenders and it was all just exploiting the game and spamming the through ball and one/two's, no matter how you setup or what defenders you have and it is impossible to stop and is boring as hell. I don't get what pleasure they get out of playing this way, after 15 games of weekend league I gave up as it was all the same. I also now notice that I have reached division 4 of rivals and all the players in that division do the same, so it is the higher you go the more you encounter players who just spam pace.

Anyway my FUT experiement has nw ended, it was fun for a while and I got into the card collecting element of it, some of the challanges to get better cards were really fun and the icon swaps worked really well, the offline squad battles were also ok and I was enjoying playing divisional rivals until I reached a certain level and then you just so the worst of the FIFA player base,

EA is currently investigating methods of using Deep Learning to capture realistic motion and facial similarities directly from videos, rather than having to conduct expensive and time-consuming motion capture sessions.

EA is also interested in using machine learning to enhance user-generated content. "This will make it easier for users to create avatars that look like themselves with just a phone, capture gestures and facial expressions.

EA is also looking into using a combination of reinforcement learning (where an AI learns by trial and error) and imitation learning (where it learns by observing and mimicking human actions), to create FIFA and Madden players that behave as if they were real.

This motion data will allow us to cover more and more gameplay situations and will also look more natural because we will get animation data from real athletes 'on the field' as opposed to the vacuum of a motion capture in a studio.

https://www.gamesradar.com/amp/the-future-of-artificial-intelligence-ai-in-video-games/

Can anyone tell me what new boots are available in latest update, it says new boots in the notes but I can't see any.

So I've finally got a PS5 and wondering if it's worth grabbing this? I have PES already but it's dull frankly and whilst I hated FIFA 20, wondering if the PS5 upgrade is worth getting for 21?

If anyone can give me a brief balanced overview it would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
So I've finally got a PS5 and wondering if it's worth grabbing this? I have PES already but it's full frankly and whilst I hated FIFA 20, wondering if the PS5 upgrade is worth getting for 21?

If anyone can give me a brief balanced overview it would be greatly appreciated!
I've got something out of FIFA each year between 16-20. Even when they've been bad, I've found a way to enjoy them.

But 21... It can't be saved. More "football" / limit of what human beings can do, has been removed than ever before. Less realism, more for the online guys. Avoid, I'd say.

So I've finally got a PS5 and wondering if it's worth grabbing this? I have PES already but it's full frankly and whilst I hated FIFA 20, wondering if the PS5 upgrade is worth getting for 21?

From what I tested in the Next Gen version of FIFA they added 2 animation engines, one is called Off-ball humanization, which is focused on the animations of the players out of the user's control, be it the CPU or the Player, the other engine is called Multi-Touchs and is responsible for the extra touches on the ball in a domain before a pass, kick or dribble. At the level of gameplay has changed very little, the game has raised a lot at the level of lighting, hair technique, deformation of the ball, deformation of the muscle, most graphic aspects. I was disappointed that there was no improvement in CPU/IA.

I'm sure everyone has seen all the FUT scandals this past couple of weeks - first of all, the guy on the inside selling "Icons" for cash, and then the web app accidentally switching to "debug mode" allowing access to "free coins" buttons etc...

But I think this is the biggest one - a guy on Twitter made a viral thread about EA's quotes that you can build a team of "Icons" without paying real money, showing that actually - unless you play 24/7 for three years - you can't.

They then published a full-page ad disguised as an article in UK newspaper The Mirror, stating that it wasn't true. And yet, everyone pretty much agrees that it is. At this point, EA are doing a tightrope walk, and lying themselves to save face.

Eurogamer have done an excellent piece on it here, and have joined in on kicking EA while they're down, for their disgusting practices.

Feels like if there's a time for EA to consider changing (despite the billions they make through FUT) - if governments around the world gang together to class FUT as gambling - it's now.

Cross your fingers, football fans.

Ps5 version of this game on sale worth a punt for next gen ? Played on one x was horrible is it any better on ps5 next gen ?

Ps5 version of this game on sale worth a punt for next gen ? Played on one x was horrible is it any better on ps5 next gen ?
All you have to do is look a few posts up, mate. Someone asked the exact same question a few days ago. Short answer is, no.

I've got something out of FIFA each year between 16-20. Even when they've been bad, I've found a way to enjoy them.

But 21... It can't be saved. More "football" / limit of what human beings can do, has been removed than ever before. Less realism, more for the online guys. Avoid, I'd say.

At the level of gameplay has changed very little, the game has raised a lot at the level of lighting, hair technique, deformation of the ball, deformation of the muscle, most graphic aspects. I was disappointed that there was no improvement in CPU/IA.

I'm sure everyone has seen all the FUT scandals this past couple of weeks - first of all, the guy on the inside selling "Icons" for cash, and then the web app accidentally switching to "debug mode" allowing access to "free coins" buttons etc...

But I think this is the biggest one - a guy on Twitter made a viral thread about EA's quotes that you can build a team of "Icons" without paying real money, showing that actually - unless you play 24/7 for three years - you can't.

They then published a full-page ad disguised as an article in UK newspaper The Mirror, stating that it wasn't true. And yet, everyone pretty much agrees that it is. At this point, EA are doing a tightrope walk, and lying themselves to save face.

Eurogamer have done an excellent piece on it here, and have joined in on kicking EA while they're down, for their disgusting practices.

Feels like if there's a time for EA to consider changing (despite the billions they make through FUT) - if governments around the world gang together to class FUT as gambling - it's now.

Cross your fingers, football fans.

My reaction to that PR statement is to take a deep breath, look EA in the eye, and remind them in no uncertain terms: it's a fucking computer game.

I'm an 'active' gamer and I can barely get my head around Ultimate Team. Certainly not enough to find its appeal. The crusties tasked with changing the rules are likely to be completely bamboozled, which usually means remaining with the status quo. Plus, said crusties are already in the pockets of gambling companies. EA will have them on board early doors.

That a video game's is being spoken about with such high-level language suggests something's gone wrong. The numbers confirm it.

Back
Top Bottom