FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Peter Withe

It must be. It is! Peter Withe!
10 August 2018
I couldn’t find a FIFA 19 Career Mode thread so thought it would be interesting to share our progress, stories, settings...whatever. As long as it’s related to Career Mode and not that fantasy card trading crap.

I am going to delete all saves and start a fresh one I think so I can look back at this thread and my journey. I’m going to accept that the game throws up easy games at times when form is good, it’s just how it is.

I can’t decide which EFL Championship club to use yet but I think that’s where I will go. Maybe Hull City. Or Derby. Or Aston Villa. Or Reading? :LOL:

Ultimate difficulty. Default assists.

Let’s be avin’ you!

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-31_17-33-50.jpg
    upload_2018-10-31_17-33-50.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 17
why not semi or manual ? for me playing with assisted passing and shooting is pointless and not fun at all.

Swensea, stoke, villa or west brom .... teams with many scanned faces + stadium ;)

Last edited:
why not semi or manual ? for me playing with assisted passing and shooting is pointless and not fun at all.

Swensea, stoke, villa or west brom .... teams with many scanned faces + stadium ;)
I’ve played with Semi and Manual many times :) it doesn’t feel right to me, I’ve explained this a lot in previous posts so don’t want to bore everyone.

I’m thinking Villa or Reading. Maybe Preston!

I wish we can turn off form in CM then i can enjoy game like in exahibition mode :(

i can understand manual but semi ? i play only with semi passing nad manual crossing since fifa18 and it's great . Assisted settings feels too arcade for me.

Semi final of the pre seasion champions cup. I really thought we had a chance but...holding on with 9 men since early second half. See the shot count.

upload_2019-3-14_18-2-26.jpeg

Who said there are no fouls :P

Semi final of the pre seasion champions cup. I really thought we had a chance but...holding on with 9 men since early second half. See the shot count.

View attachment 13127

Who said there are no fouls :P
That's pretty much how my games looked before I tweaked it,but the other way around,me being 20 + in shots.

Wigan?
I played a player career starting there on 17,always had a soft spot for them,all the up until now.
They signed (if I'm not mistaken) J Olsson right?
Former WBA defender ,and so bad when returning to Swedish football,played for our rivals djurgarden
Kolla in tweeten av @nokkan21:
This is the video we posted to official Latics when they signed him...

What's your goal with this season?
Promotion?

With a lot of luck I played 1:1 against Arsenal. They where clearly better and had a lot of shots on goal.
Next was crystal palace, ranked mid table, and I had my first 2:0 victory. :)
Perez is shaping up nicely...
Next is mancity again. This time in the carabao cup. This will be a tough one (played them 1:1 in league). Fingers crossed.

My experience about FIFA 19 career mode is BRILLIANT ... of course I'm base-lining this against PES 2019 master league.

What I dislike about FIFA 19 career mode are:
  1. (of course) GAMEPLAY; so it's overall throughout any modes in FIFA really.
  2. significant amount of players with generic faces (StarHead they call it in FIFA); so many budget, so many licensed leagues but so little effort made on them.
What I like about FIFA 19 career mode are everything else that PES 2019 don't have:
  1. electrifying stadium atmosphere; makes you feel that you're inside the stadium (perhaps a tad exaggeration).
  2. commentary and call names; heaps of them; they did great with this and has always been; even David Neres (who?) got a call name .... what? ... particularly Derek Rae & Lee Dixon when commentating Champions League mode.. wowzer !
  3. players do get market value appreciated and depreciated and can be seen by how much in the squad HUB clearly; though I don't know if the logic behind this is correct, but meh .. it looks good!
  4. negotiations cut-scenes ... small little things like this do add up .. some may think it's corny but imo, i like it.
shame that we can't play as real manager face; the 'feature' was present few months ago with Joachim Low and the Russian boss but from my understanding, this can't be done anymore .. we got the blank avatar guy there to choose, but that will only give you 'Prince William' doppelganger.

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock time of day in the career mode?

Doesn't even know this 'feature' exists.

That's pretty much how my games looked before I tweaked it,but the other way around,me being 20 + in shots.

Wigan?
I played a player career starting there on 17,always had a soft spot for them,all the up until now.
They signed (if I'm not mistaken) J Olsson right?
Former WBA defender ,and so bad when returning to Swedish football,played for our rivals djurgarden
Kolla in tweeten av @nokkan21:
This is the video we posted to official Latics when they signed him...

What's your goal with this season?
Promotion?

Being honest i don’t know too much about Wigan but that’s what i like about picking teams i wouldnt normally pick. It means i have to get to know the players better and then i look out for them in real life. I picked them using a random number generator. I fancied a championship team and number 24 was picked and Wigan are the 24th team in the list.

I would like to get into the playoffs considering they have only just got promotion.

And Yes i have heard of Jonas Olsson, i will check if we have him. (Heh i should know if i was a good manager lol).

Who are you playing as and what is your goal?

Being honest i don’t know too much about Wigan but that’s what i like about picking teams i wouldnt normally pick. It means i have to get to know the players better and then i look out for them in real life. I picked them using a random number generator. I fancied a championship team and number 24 was picked and Wigan are the 24th team in the list.

I would like to get into the playoffs considering they have only just got promotion.

And Yes i have heard of Jonas Olsson, i will check if we have him. (Heh i should know if i was a good manager lol).

Who are you playing as and what is your goal?
I'm playing as Genoa (first time doing Serie A on FIFA).
Pretty solid club, usually escaping relegation with 3-10 points each year.

My goal is Europa League ,5-7th place.
I think it's doable,having very tough games Vs the top teams
Juventus (L) Inter (L) Napoli (D)
But beating lower ranked team and mid table teams so far.

Don't think I've liked a fifa game this much before.
Probably because I've hit it off with a good slider set for a good base game.

Yeah J Olsson was the captain for WBA for a couple of seasons,very solid

Edit: yeah Wigan got promoted last season,forgot that

So the big game coming up.
Derby Della Lanterna,probably Italy's fiercest derby.
Genoa v Sampdoria.(Lazio/Roma/Milan/Inter excuse me)

After having only one win in the last 4 games.
Juventus 1-2
Udinese 2-1
Inter 1-4
Napoli 2-2 i really needed a win to stay top 5 (currently 4th)

Fun fact
Game froze and I couldn't get back to the main menu and had to turn off Fifa,First time that has happened.
I did replay it right after,same outcome.

so i really made it! i beat freakin ManCity in the Carabao Cup 1:0! they had chance after chance... missing the goal by not much over and over again, hitting the crossbar or Dubravka! this guy is really getting in form now... but i'm planning on making Woodland my number one in the future! i did not know any of the guys playing for Newcastle (nor their system or tactics) but to me its a hell of a lot of fun to dive in deep and get to know the players. sometimes i'm missing some information sheets i know from the other game. there is only the players stats, right!? no special traits!?

anyway... so i was fighting ManCity, and i mean FIGHTING!
a fully packed St. James Park, with fans partying all the way, was the first ingredient in todays meal, called "hit the city". the weather was fitting the scene perfectly as it was cloudy with rain! but this wouldnt stop the Newcastle fans from having a good day at the stands. beer was flowing... families singing... hardcore fans yelling their songs...
As Newcastle supporters own the stands, City owns the pitch from the get go. Short passes, crosses, one on ones and a lot of posession, you name it; the played it! They were dominating the Magpies (at least i know that! :D ) the whole match. the game goes on, kits getting dirtier, players fight harder making the pitch look like a war ground. wave after wave of City attacks reach the Newcastle pen area... but like the ocean hitting the shore... it really doesnt do anything to it! still we stand! hoping to survive... might make it into overtime and penalties...
the 80th minute comes up! and with it... out of nowhere... Newcastle has a counter attack. and when you do have one of those rare moments against a goliath like City, the heart is beating like crazy and i get nervous... every pss strung together ups that heart rate constantly. as far as i remember we hit the woodwork after a cross from the right side and the ball is deflected back into the pen area. and there he was, the man that was fighting so hard the whole match, motivating his fellow lads to not give up against the "oh so mighty ManCity" at home! Jonjo Shelvey! :D like 7 meter away from the goal line, he takes all the power left to elevate his massive body just one more time... jumps and heads the ball back towards goal and into the net! GOAAAAALLLLL, NEWCASTLE!!!!! :BSCARF:

the team then went nuts and started celebrating him like crazy. the commentator even mentioned something like "david scored against goliath" (weaker team against stronger) stuff...! i was so full of joy! happyness. relief. excited. tense. awaiting the final minutes... i was hoping not to get that equalizer... and yes, we did it! no more goal from City! we beat them 1:0 at home.

it was still raining when the ref blew the final whistle! in my heart though, the sun was shining as bright as the smile on my face!
:LOVE:

edit: currently placed at 5th in the premier league, this could be the year of Newcastle! lets see what this team got in store for the future of PRO_TOO's video gaming! :D

Last edited:
@rockstrongo good game there mate. I love the daisy cutters. The shooting feels so rewarding in this game because you know some shots can just poodle along the ground or fly sky high.

A couple of weeks ago my FIFA crashed too. After a match i tried to record it on my PS4 with Share Factory and it said that it stopped working. A bit of a pain because i had to replay. Different score but still won.

@PRO_TOO good match report there and well done with the result.

@geeeeee remember my fifa 15 kept crashing as well.
And I was going back and forth between the game and the video editing
@PRO_TOO finally a good Newcastle team,Rafa couldn't do it,but it's looking promising for you.
Good report pal

Last edited:
@rockstrongo hey man, which sliders are you using? I remember you mentioned something about kreb's sliders that you tweaked a little bit. Mind sharing them?
Yes Sir,Krebs with Shooting at 60/60 First Touch 75/75
Im on 15 m semi and Ultimate difficulty.(LEG or WC will probably work well to)
My findings is that top teams are very tough to play against on these.
You can probably lower First touch to 70 (cpu) when playing lowered ranked teams if you find it being to passive
I'm going stick to 75/75 though,I'm a 5-8th ranked team and should beat teams below me (anything higher will make the CPU passive and lower probably pingy)

These sliders ,just as Krebs original ones will work on assisted to (I've tested)
Feel free to report back if they worked for you

What slider does control the AI consecutive passes aka tiki taka?! It’s a little bit hectic atm.
I have AI pass speed down to 19-20, with mine at 35-40, and believe it or not, if you measure the timings between passer and recipient, they're pretty close - because they spam the "hard pass" button...

Not only that though, I have AI pass error at about 54-55 and AI first touch error at about 60-62.

Also, I play on Legendary - not Ultimate, because I've seen AI finish matches with 100% pass accuracy on Ultimate. It's a combination of things... But you'll never entirely remove it.

Hugely depends on opponent. Playing Leicester I didn't see much of it. Playing Liverpool it was crazy.

I got a used copy of fifa 17 today (gave mine away when I sold my console last november)

Apart from the small Ball,it's a nice and smooth game,CPU is very patient.
Still I think 19 is better in the end though,but nice having it back again

Hey @Mikhail since you're the founder of this thread,is it possible to change it to just "Fifa career mode story " or something similar ,in case someone plays 17-18 etc?

Just finished my first proper Newcastle season on FIFA 19. What a year.

Taking the reins at Newcastle, I realised a few things immediately - primarily that the game recreates the working conditions under Mike Ashley (with my first task being to finish with £130m profit), but also that half of the best players are at the club on bloody loan deals.

Season two has started with Mike upping his demands - from £130m (which I missed by a long shot) to £190m (!), and this time, he wants us to finish in the Europa League places (last season he said "mid-table" and we finished 9th, which, amongst other things, earnt me a 90 rating).

During the season I brought in Benteke to replace Rondon (whose loan deal has expired), Gudmundsson on the wing to replace Kenedy (loan expired), Bentaleb in the middle (who's got a nice partnership going with Shelvey), and Bertrand at left-back to replace Barreca (loan expired).

We've brought some good youth lads through, but without strengthening, a Europa League place won't happen - and to achieve this, he's given me a transfer budget of... £30m - and one of his targets is that I only spend half of it (why give me £30m then).

(Don't get me wrong - loving the realism - but I'm seriously considering other jobs now, because how on earth can you succeed under these conditions...)

I've also accepted the job as Romania manager - and the best result I've managed so far is a draw with Scotland. We're six points off Euro 2020 qualification with two games to play.

It's bloody hard with a bad team...

Next up Torino away
Rock solid in defence usually.
No exception today,first half being midfield and stopped attacks in both ends
My only chance came late in the first,a corner that was flicked on in front of goal and 1-0 me.

Absolutely last seconds of the first half Torino shot from distance,and hit the post,rebound also hit the post,next rebound 1-1

Second half was more open and I managed to score a nice little header to win the game 2-1.
Very fun playing this game
On the edge of my seat defending,one slip up and they'd would have a scoring chance

Next game SPAL at home.
Which should be 3p.
I'm 4th at the moment 14 games in.
That EL spot is very tempting

Just finished my first proper Newcastle season on FIFA 19. What a year.

Taking the reins at Newcastle, I realised a few things immediately - primarily that the game recreates the working conditions under Mike Ashley (with my first task being to finish with £130m profit), but also that half of the best players are at the club on bloody loan deals.

Season two has started with Mike upping his demands - from £130m (which I missed by a long shot) to £190m (!), and this time, he wants us to finish in the Europa League places (last season he said "mid-table" and we finished 9th, which, amongst other things, earnt me a 90 rating).

During the season I brought in Benteke to replace Rondon (whose loan deal has expired), Gudmundsson on the wing to replace Kenedy (loan expired), Bentaleb in the middle (who's got a nice partnership going with Shelvey), and Bertrand at left-back to replace Barreca (loan expired).

We've brought some good youth lads through, but without strengthening, a Europa League place won't happen - and to achieve this, he's given me a transfer budget of... £30m - and one of his targets is that I only spend half of it (why give me £30m then).

(Don't get me wrong - loving the realism - but I'm seriously considering other jobs now, because how on earth can you succeed under these conditions...)

I've also accepted the job as Romania manager - and the best result I've managed so far is a draw with Scotland. We're six points off Euro 2020 qualification with two games to play.

It's bloody hard with a bad team...
You kinda feel for Rafa don't you? (love that guy).

What are you're options right now have you gone that far to search/have offers?

Mike Ashley is a C word for sure.
Nice write up Chris.
Bet your a bit tempted to make Sunderland proper again,I know I was ,still have that save

You kinda feel for Rafa don't you? (love that guy).

What are you're options right now have you gone that far to search/have offers?

Mike Ashley is a C word for sure.
Nice write up Chris.
Bet your a bit tempted to make Sunderland proper again,I know I was ,still have that save
I really feel for Rafa - he's a God on Merseyside too. I don't know how he's still there given the lies Ashley has told him regarding having a bigger budget in various windows, and then just snatching it away from him.

Nice to see the challenge thoroughly replicated (though not quite as aggressively) in a game!

At any point in your season, you can go to one of the tabs in career mode and at the bottom-right it says "jobs available" or something like that. I wasn't offered any new jobs at the end of the season - but you can go and apply for new jobs whenever you like, as far as I know. It's really tempting - but maybe I'll give it a few weeks and see if I can get a bargain before the season starts.

I might have to sell a big player to bring in two or three - our depth is disgraceful, thr OVR drops from about 76 in the first team to about 69 in the reserves... It's all youth players, that's all I've got...

But yes, tempted to go to Sunderland - then I'll have a PES 2017 ML going as Middlesbrough and I'll have managed Newcastle and Sunderland in FIFA, the entire North-East trinity!

@Chris Davies Aah Boro,holy shit team they had with Ravanelli/Juniho.
Even went far in the Uefa cup mid 2000s

I played almost 15 seasons on Pes 6 as Boro,even had Riverside installed.
Also my only British team on a "modern" game (Pes 13).
Think I had 3 seasons in the Championship and 3 in the PL.

Since Fifa 15 (My real Fifa debut dabbled in 14) I've pretty much played the same 4-5 teams.
Pompey/Sunderland/Burnley and Villa.

Having a 76 ovr in this game on LEG and above is really tough man.
The CPU is quick to exploit your weaknesses,bad foot positioning when trying to pass your way out of trouble and they're there instantly and steal the ball.

You know what since starting this game again and giving Pes 18/19 a rest I haven't been pissed off once, disappointed yes,but fuming ,nope.
Such a joy.
Really enjoying it.

I think you should give it one more season up there,stunning stadium,rich football culture etc

Back
Top Bottom