FIFA (All Versions) Career Mode Stories

Hmm.... not sure what it is as i am playing on Ultimate and full manual. The only thing is i have my passing and shooting accuracy at 50. Maybe i should raise it
Id say this is it.
For some strange reason, even tho Fifa has huge shots variety, a lot of them can be turned to goals (way too many of them IMO)
Especially COM is quite clinical when it comes to shots. I have my shot error at 60 and COM at 65 and I find it nicely balanced at that (also GK at 51)
Bare in mind I am also one league below you, so my players are quite probably more crap as well (my main striker is OVR 60)
And even with such high shot error im still seeing some long distance screamers every now and again, just not often (im happy with that frequency)

I think that the shots to goals ratio is ok at the moment and I still see a lot of variety in shots. Some go towards the corner flag at times :)

I increased the cpu’s top speed and acceleration so it is the same as mine and i played against 17th placed Ipswich. We got 2 goals in the first half and in the second half they were all over us. There was so many different incidents happening, a lot of goal mouth scrambles, deflected shots that almost looped over the goalkeeper. We managed to hold on and it was such a good match. I am still really enjoying it. I think this will keep me going until FIFA 20 is out and then reduced :)

December goals...

Wigan v Derby
Ipswich v Wigan
Wigan v Birmingham
West Brom v Wigan
Swansea v Wigan

Started off with a 10 goal thriller and decided to adjust the sliders which made the games tighter and more challenging.

Just playing some career mode with FC Basel. No commentary, but the manager's name is Floriant Chat. Enjoy!

Episode 1

Episode 2

Been away from fifa since April and my Genoa save,remember talking to @Chris Davies about a few insane transfers then,Rashford in Lazio,and Sturridge in Sampdoria etc

Booted up a new career today with Villa (player career) and swapped promoted/relegated teams in the PL.
When I watched my team screen I saw that villa had loaned out Grealish to Augsburg?
Wtf...the logic there?IMG_20190610_230152.jpg

That actually looks much better and more life-like than my games (with sliders).
That's exactly why I asked, doesn't it look good?! @mcthanh1982 is playing on PC from the looks of it, he says it's Ultimate difficulty in the title of the video, default sliders, no mods. Yet it looks miles slower than my PS4 videos. :BLINK:

That's exactly why I asked, doesn't it look good?! @mcthanh1982 is playing on PC from the looks of it, he says it's Ultimate difficulty in the title of the video, default sliders, no mods. Yet it looks miles slower than my PS4 videos. :BLINK:
Looks really good Chris.
I managed to break my Fifa 19 disc when moving a few weeks back...
Seriously wanting to DL (like €20 on Xbox store now) it again.
Looks suprisingly good, especially movement,don't really get that when fiddled with sliders.
Bet you're going vanilla when getting home from work right!

Bet you're going vanilla when getting home from work right!
Nah, I've been experimenting for weeks after getting home from my trip to the San Siro to watch Inter, and the speed (and ball physics) are just impossible to fix, and the AI is far too robotic and inhuman in its response times.

But I bet it's easier on PC if you can still edit gameplay files. I said a while ago now, if I could just make "slow" even slower, and edit a separate "fatigue" slider (which you used to be able to do via config files), I'd be a lot happier. But that wouldn't fix the AI hitting silly 180-spin-style passes and playing so obviously robotically.

Nah, I've been experimenting for weeks after getting home from my trip to the San Siro to watch Inter, and the speed (and ball physics) are just impossible to fix, and the AI is far too robotic and inhuman in its response times.

But I bet it's easier on PC if you can still edit gameplay files. I said a while ago now, if I could just make "slow" even slower, and edit a separate "fatigue" slider (which you used to be able to do via config files), I'd be a lot happier. But that wouldn't fix the AI hitting silly 180-spin-style passes and playing so obviously robotically.
Passing is the worst thing in FIFA,they really need to put some body positioning in to that,I mean shooting is very much based on having the body in the right place etc.
Just wish (like on other EA titles) they'd implement Arcade-casual-simulation-hard core sim as an option

Just wish (like on other EA titles) they'd implement Arcade-casual-simulation-hard core sim as an option
I'm still hoping that the FIFA 20 career mode announcement that's pencilled in for the coming weeks is exactly this...

I've been sitting on this for a while but has anyone else got a Career Mode 'system'? It could be an insight into my obsessive-compulsive nature, but I've used a template to build a squad for years now. It's arguably hampered my enjoyment as the series itself has gotten a little stale, but I can't operate without it; I need that structure.

That structure being:

Depending on the squad I inherit, I’ll pick the formation aimed towards the highest average overall rating. I’ll then take the average overall from that starting 11, which will become my bar. For the rest of the squad I’ll take the overall minus the player’s age. This becomes the bar for second-choice players. All players signed, first or second choice, must match or exceed the respective bar.

I aim to have all outfield players aged 30 or under for outfield players, 32 or under for goalkeepers. Goalkeepers and centre backs must be tall; full backs, attacking midfielders and wingers fast; and deeper-lying central midfielders with good tackling stats. After one season I will aim to migrate to a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 with all players meeting that criteria. I’ll look to have three strikers – one fast, one tall and an all rounder as my first choice. For every other position I’ll have two players.

If any existing players meet the criteria, I’ll tie them down on new contracts until their 30th birthday or as close to as possible within a wage structure dictated by my highest earner. I’ll let the contract run down for any players who don’t meet the criteria, or sell them if I have three players or more in their position.

Scouts will set up to look for players who meet the criteria whose contracts are expiring. I rarely need to pay a fee for anyone except left backs and attacking midfielders, who are quite hard to come by on a budget. Typically, I’ll check the ‘First Team Quality’ box if I’m looking for a starter and ‘Promising’ if looking for a back up, but the latter won’t return many players if you’re in the lower, lesser leagues.

After one or two seasons I’ll have the type of squad I’m looking for and won’t look back!

I’ve done this every year since they introduced the current scouting network system. FIFA… 13? Hasn’t failed me since.

To kill the chaos even more, each year I have three Career Mode saves in my sights: Aberdeen, Union Berlin, and the worst team in England, sorted by overall rating then budget. The aim with each is to win the Champions League (or equivalent, pre-licence) either with that team or another, if offered a job at a better club.

Just me?...

[tumbleweed]

You think that's bad, you should see me with Championship Manager.

Well, I also usually set some house rules during my careers (both in PES and FIFA).

For example, despite FIFA having the pre-contract "bug" (which would allow me to have a squad full of stars in little-to-no time), I used to only buy players that were...
  • Younger than the ones they would be replacing, and
  • Equal or better in the key stats for the role, but
  • Also respecting a "high bound" of five overall points: I wouldn't bring in a player which was better than the overall of the team by more than 5 points.
So, for example, if my team had a rating of "75" average, I would not even approach players rated higher than 80 and I would only approach players younger than the ones already in that role (and hopefully a little better).

Once my wife came in while I was playing and saw me trying to sign a couple of not-so renowned players for my team (like Tachtsidis).
She looked at me and said "I thought that the goal of that was to get the best team possible, isn't it? Why are you trying to sign these unknown guys then?"
When I tried to explain her what I was doing and why I wasn't willing to approach players rated more than a set value in order to "keep it real", she told me "you know this thing is called autism, don't you?"

Always have house rules.
Not signing any British players to my Serie A or La Liga careers (since it's not a thing for British players to go there)

Realistic transfers.
Wouldn't buy Messi for my Milan career either,since he's Barca

Wish the CPU could have my house rules though...

First season done with Borussia Mönchengladbach on FIFA 18
Ended up fifth,which was a pretty expected finish!

Enjoyed pretty much the whole season,had a patch between game 25-30 where it felt very rough (CPU Uber good)

My last game of the season was Vs a already relegated HSV,was up quite comfortably with 2-1.
Then I got two pens,missed both of course,HSV came back and won the game 3-2 in the end,but a brilliant game,loads of free kicks and cards.

I'm playing with OS sliders (few tweaks though) and with a broadcast cam,15 min WC semi shooting assisted passing (semi next season) and manual all other forms of passing.
This game is way tougher than 19 ,could be the cam as well

Enjoying it.
Starting season two later tonight

Back
Top Bottom