Fifa Club World Cup

pogoss

International
19 March 2005
How come no thread for this has been made yet ?
last year's club WC was really good to watch , the level was high and the games pleasants to watch .
The title holder is Sao Paulo FC and this year the countinental champions to be on the scene are :

Europe : FC Barcelona (Spain)
Asia : Jeonbuk (South Korea)
Africa : Al Ahly (Egypt)
North America : Club America (Mexico)
South America : International SC (Brazil)
Oceania : Auckland City FC (New Zealand)

72508836ck9.jpg

72508844fw5.jpg

:applause: ;)

Al Ahly 2
Auckland City 0

Flavio, Aboutrika.

Nice game, although Auckland City was clearly dominated all the time. Flavio did score a nice goal... and Aboutrika Free kick was nice too, but i think the goalie and the wall were not nicely prepared. Tomorrow Jeonbuk x America.

it's quite clear that this championship is just crap, it should finish cause no one really cares about it, and obviously Barca are going to destroy everything in their path, even with the bunch of teenagers they're taking

may be al ahly make good match if he play with barca .. why not ?
al ahly beat real Madrid 1-0 August 2001
and beat A.S Roma 2-1 August 2002
any way i just hope to make good matches :D

it's quite clear that this championship is just crap, it should finish cause no one really cares about it, and obviously Barca are going to destroy everything in their path, even with the bunch of teenagers they're taking
Now I see how much you understand about football. Its not only in Europe that exists footbal. Here in south america we have great teams too. Remember last year? Loserpool didnt destroyed all teams in the path \\:o/

Al Ahly 2
Auckland City 0

Flavio, Aboutrika.

Nice game, although Auckland City was clearly dominated all the time. Flavio did score a nice goal... and Aboutrika Free kick was nice too, but i think the goalie and the wall were not nicely prepared. Tomorrow Jeonbuk x America.
oh it was soooo nice to watch ! especially that the japanese tv was supporting too much auckland city because there is a japanese player in it . during last week they also talked about every team but only few seconds about al ahly .
during the game as soon as "gaku" (the japanese guy in auckland) did something the comment was stronger than kabila's best ones in winning eleven :lmao:
like liverpool did last year ?
if you are not interested don't watch and don't comment . there are a lot of countries outside your continent you know ?

I'm looking foward to next games :D

Last edited:
Anyone know which TV channels in the UK are showing this? I see the BBC aren't providing coverage this year.

The thing is, this competition does not stand a comparison to what (mainly) the european participant really is capable of. In fact, these "extre"-games are a pain in the ass for the respective clubs. (This year being Barcelona)

The only thing the european champ can gain out of this unnecessarity is fatigue and a wee bit of prestige, maybe. Not that Barca, Liverpool or the likes would need the latter ...

the other clubs will suffer from it more than the european and the south american clubs who have less games . and yet the only ones complaining are the europeans .
last year the games were great to watch , better than most league games . when you like football you have to appreciate these games between different styles and cultures .
the uefa champion's league can be seen as well as only a pain for the clubs and unnecessary fatigue but the media made it be a great event for the 'casual fans' .
I'm sure that the true football player who really likes football and not sees it as just a job would be very motivated for this event . when you play a game don't you want to be the best in your neighbourhood then the best in your city , then the best of your country , your countinent and the world . that's what it is supposed to be going on now , a game for the world title . or are you european guys snobbing this just because it was sao paulo and not liverpool who won last year ? :lol:
"The thing is, this competition does not stand a comparison to what (mainly) the european participant really is capable of." this is not a tournament made to show the world the european participant really is capable of mate . the earth is round and no countinent is the center of it never mind your flat map .

This is not a tournament made to show the world the european participant really is capable of mate . the earth is round and no countinent is the center of it never mind your flat map .

You got me all wrong there. I didn't mean to play down other continents football or anything. It's just that THIS particular cup is, in my opinion, a waste of time. This CUP doesn't give anything to a european team. The price is a useless trophy with no meaning and a ridiculous amount of money, compared to what Barca or the likes earn in Champions League, league or even national cup games. (Assuming they go far in the latter) And do not even mention developing club-reputation in other continents, because just so many teams tour Asia/NA/SA almost every pre-season.

[ On top of that we already have a (also utterly useless) European Supercup and a World Cup trophy, played out early in the season. At least get rid of them first and establsh this as a somewhat important tourney, then we can talk. ]

And it's funny how people associate this talk with "frustration" because Liverpool didn't win last year, or whatever european club lost as well. As if most would give a damn ... I for myself just don't care and would be pretty pissed if my team HAD to show up there, maybe losing players from injuries or whatnot and screwing up in the league afterwards. No matter where I friggin come from.
Just another mindfuck from FIFA. Not long and they'll come up with a "UEFA Cup vs. Champions League vs. National teams vs. Andre Agassi vs. Smackdown' or somethin'".

That's what I tried to say earlier. Of course, since my team isn't anywhere near participating in that competition at the time, I wouldn't mind a good game or two to watch. Doesn't give this cup anymore meaning, though.

Now I see how much you understand about football. Its not only in Europe that exists footbal. Here in south america we have great teams too. Remember last year? Loserpool didnt destroyed all teams in the path \\:o/

I know that football exists all over the world, and there are plenty of teams that are great in their own leagues, but do you really believe they are of the same quality as Barcelona

you can't use Liverpool as an example to prove your point, because they were lucky to be there in the first place, they clearly weren't the best team in the Champions League in 2005, and they have a distinct lack of quality in their squad

The question 'the best team is not always the team who wins' is too much philosophical to be put in this thread. This is a continental champions tournament.

It does not mean much for european teams, but it is the biggest objective of any south american team, par exemple. It's the way to say we're better than the european champion, or we are not.

A 32 team league with europeans and south american teams would be really more interesting and would signify more than this cup, but this is the only championship we have.

You got me all wrong there. I didn't mean to play down other continents football or anything. It's just that THIS particular cup is, in my opinion, a waste of time. This CUP doesn't give anything to a european team. The price is a useless trophy with no meaning and a ridiculous amount of money, compared to what Barca or the likes earn in Champions League, league or even national cup games. (Assuming they go far in the latter) And do not even mention developing club-reputation in other continents, because just so many teams tour Asia/NA/SA almost every pre-season.

[ On top of that we already have a (also utterly useless) European Supercup and a World Cup trophy, played out early in the season. At least get rid of them first and establsh this as a somewhat important tourney, then we can talk. ]

And it's funny how people associate this talk with "frustration" because Liverpool didn't win last year, or whatever european club lost as well. As if most would give a damn ... I for myself just don't care and would be pretty pissed if my team HAD to show up there, maybe losing players from injuries or whatnot and screwing up in the league afterwards. No matter where I friggin come from.
Just another mindfuck from FIFA. Not long and they'll come up with a "UEFA Cup vs. Champions League vs. National teams vs. Andre Agassi vs. Smackdown' or somethin'".

That's what I tried to say earlier. Of course, since my team isn't anywhere near participating in that competition at the time, I wouldn't mind a good game or two to watch. Doesn't give this cup anymore meaning, though.
this it a game about glory and fun in the first place , not about money . I think this club world cup should be developped more and more because it's an international game .
what is a waste of time are the commercial trips of barca and real in asia and north america where they play friendlies just for pennies .
money is fucking the game , for example moroccan clubs pay more attention the arab champion's league wich have been created by petrodollars because it gives more money than the african champion's league .
if football continues that way it will become shit .

the game between club america and jeonbuck . it's been a long time I haven't seen claudio lopez playing :)

I think if America can beat Barcelona (and we were close, in the summer the match's result was 4-4) the Inter or Al Ahly are more accessible to the game that the America plays.

Vamos, Vamos America, Que esta noche tenemos que ganar

the 4 - 4 was at home and a friendly . now barca is home and stadium will be full . I must tell I wasn't impressed during your first game against jeonbuk . rojas was offside , it shouldn't have been a goal .
by the way do you think cuevas will play against barca ?
good luck anyway even if I think barca will win .
the game between al ahly and inter will soon start . I wish barakat and gilberto were here , they are both key players . it was ok without them against auckland but now inter are aware about aboutrika's role and without those 2 players to lighten his task it will be very hard .
good luck to both team any way and I hope al ahly will win . they were supposed to pay a lot of money to play against barca for their centuary anniversary , now they'll have the oportunity to play them and earn money :lol:

Back
Top Bottom