FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

When PES players started to flirt with FIFA back in 07, 08, 09 it wasn't because FIFA was starting to become like PES.
It was because Konami totally neglected PES and FIFA started to become very good.
And I think the inverted process is what's happening now.
I think that if EA SPORTS doesn't steer the boat (and quickly), more FIFA players will start to flirt with PES.

Woah... what a repetitive post.
this is very true, back in the day fifa always looked good but there were always massive flaws and given ways to score. When I moved over completely for 2009 it was just because it felt a better game of footy. Same reason I moved back in 2017 to pes. 18 and 19 for both were rubbish for different reasons. Pes2020 is the one now

FUT people on the other hand think it sucks. But this is a great opportunity for Konami. Offline people seem to like it, futters not so much. Maybe they will see the light that they can be a true alternative to fifa. A good offline game.

Good, and i hope that continues! FUT sucks! Its virtual football stickers! literally virtual panini! Its taken way, way too seriously, its a joke, yet people pay so much money for absolutely nothing!

Good, and i hope that continues! FUT sucks! Its virtual football stickers! literally virtual panini! Its taken way, way too seriously, its a joke, yet people pay so much money for absolutely nothing!
Same applies to myClub. That mode is now killing PES the same as FUT has killed FIFA.

The money men will always ensure that those modes are given all energy and resources. Worst thing that could have ever happened to football gaming happened.

Same applies to myClub. That mode is now killing PES the same as FUT has killed FIFA.
In what way? I feel the offline gameplay in PES 2020 is the best it's been since PES 6. We have more teams than i can ever remember and they are licensing Juve and took them away from EA. Looking in it seems Konami focus on offline... Now i have not played Myclub so maybe that gets massively improved every year...is that what you mean?

In what way? I feel the offline gameplay in PES 2020 is the best it's been since PES 6. We have more teams than i can ever remember and they are licensing Juve and took them away from EA. Looking in it seems Konami focus on offline... Now i have not played Myclub so maybe that gets massively improved every year...is that what you mean?
PES could have 1,000,000,000 teams - it’s all a bit pointless when St Mirren is playing at a 60,000 all seater venue. They’ve got Juventus this year - so what? They had Dortmund in PES 2017 and FIFA now has it back. Same with Liverpool. Means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Loads of clubs doesn’t equal progress. Make no mistake about it, PES is focused on myClub first and foremost now. It’s what makes them money. Look at Twitter or the WEPES sub Reddit. 90% of people just talk about myClub.

I still think the turning point for PES was in 2007 when PES 2008 came out. It has NEVER fully recovered since then where as FIFA arguably went from being a joke of an Arcade game (tap sprint and get from one side of the field to the other with 1 player in seconds and score the same crap unconvincing goal each time) to actually a decent footie game with FIFA 07 onwards. Strange how things happen. FIFA has had some shockers mind you... I couldn't stand FIFA 13, 17 or 19.

I felt Pes went down hill at pes09. I actually enjoyed pes08 but it was so different from pes06.
Pes09 forced me to buy fifa09 and that was first fifa I’d bought since the first ever fifa on mega drive.
Pes10 was back on track then 11-16 I didn’t enjoy and didn’t even buy 18 and 19 but did play them via a mate.
I’m enjoying this years game but I’m not a hard core gamer so don’t see the flaws. I play about 2 matches a night.
I’ve spent more time on the pc modding than playing!

Loads of clubs doesn’t equal progress. Make no mistake about it, PES is focused on myClub first and foremost now. It’s what makes them money. Look at Twitter or the WEPES sub Reddit. 90% of people just talk about myClub.

What makes MyClub the main focus though? What do Konami do with Myclub every year that made you say That mode is now killing PES the same as FUT has killed FIFA.

What makes MyClub the main focus though? What do Konami do with Myclub every year that made you say That mode is now killing PES the same as FUT has killed FIFA.
If you think that FUT hasn’t impacted Konami’s thinking when it comes to PES then you’re being extremely naive.

If you think that FUT hasn’t impacted Konami’s thinking when it comes to PES then you’re being extremely naive.
I get you think that but why is MyClub right now killing PES? I have not touched MyClub so i have honestly no idea what your getting at thats why i am asking.

I get you think that but why is MyClub right now killing PES? I have not touched MyClub so i have honestly no idea what your getting at thats why i am asking.
It’s killing PES as a deep single player game. If you enjoy myClub then it’s great.

konami are obsessed with getting myClub right and nothing else. Yeah they’ve given us a new black screen in master league this year but the content is still dreadful.

It’s not Konami’s fault. It’s where we are with football gaming. The card/ball opening games sell the game now and also make additional cash.

All Konami have done is jump on the EA bandwagon.

when I first heard about FUT and played it, I remember thinking “Here we go. This is the start of football gaming changing forever.”

In ‘real life’ I know about one person who like single player career mode/master league. Everyone else I know just plays the awful awful fut/myClub.

It’s killing PES as a deep single player game. If you enjoy myClub then it’s great.

konami are obsessed with getting myClub right and nothing else. Yeah they’ve given us a new black screen in master league this year but the content is still dreadful.

It’s not Konami’s fault. It’s where we are with football gaming. The card/ball opening games sell the game now and also make additional cash.

All Konami have done is jump on the EA bandwagon.

when I first heard about FUT and played it, I remember thinking “Here we go. This is the start of football gaming changing forever.”

In ‘real life’ I know about one person who like single player career mode/master league. Everyone else I know just plays the awful awful fut/myClub.
Now we are getting somewhere. So they have stripped single player right back over the years which has gone from deep single player to barely any content? Those things that have disappered from single player do they go into the myclub mode to make that deep or is myclub mode just as stripped as the single player now compared to a few years ago or whenever it was really deep or are all the features been totally omitted?

Could you make a list of all the things took out recently when myclub started so that we and others can make Adam and Official Pes aware of what fans want back in before myclub got released? I believe Adam is mostly an offline player or he certainly used to be and im sure he would listen to you if you put forward a decent list.

Regarding Fifa and FUT and offline i feel its totally different to what Konami do in that they make it a very fast simple game to keep FUT players happy. I dont feel thats the direction Konami take when playing offline hence i was asking why you thought Myclub is killing the offline game.

Last edited:
FUT and MyClub are killing football games because it's such easy money for them for basically zero effort each year.

Why invest in gameplay innovations or new/improved game modes when you can make comfortable (or huge in EA's case) profits from investing next to nothing in those things and just taking advantage of gamblers/addicts in the cash cow mode?

Just license some "legends" and create new "featured/POTW/POTS" cards to drip-feed throughout the year and loads of people will throw at least 10x the game's price at you through the year, some people probably 50x-100x+ the game's price. The only "effort" put in being a face, commentary line and .jpg for the card.

Single player people only pay for the game once each year. As a business it makes no sense to spend more effort catering for those people than the ones who will spend obscene amounts in online P2W modes.

FUT and MyClub are killing football games because it's such easy money for them for basically zero effort each year.

Why invest in gameplay innovations or new/improved game modes when you can make comfortable (or huge in EA's case) profits from investing next to nothing in those things and just taking advantage of gamblers/addicts in the cash cow mode?

Just license some "legends" and create new "featured/POTW/POTS" cards to drip-feed throughout the year and loads of people will throw at least 10x the game's price at you through the year, some people probably 50x-100x+ the game's price. The only "effort" put in being a face, commentary line and .jpg for the card.

Single player people only pay for the game once each year. As a business it makes no sense to spend more effort catering for those people than the ones who will spend obscene amounts in online P2W modes.
Looking in though myself without having ever played Myclub PES 2020 has improved massively offline gameplay though and thats why i am back playing PES for the first time in years. So in this instance it's not all about Myclub and some effort has actually went into it.

Now the offline game being completely stripped of everything and is now barebones from just when Myclub started is a complete joke and needs addressed. Hopefully we see Governments step in and outlaw this gambling in games soon.

Looking in though myself without having ever played Myclub PES 2020 has improved massively offline gameplay though and thats why i am back playing PES for the first time in years. So in this instance it's not all about Myclub and some effort has actually went into it.

Now the offline game being completely stripped of everything and is now barebones from just when Myclub started is a complete joke and needs addressed. Hopefully we see Governments step in and outlaw this gambling in games soon.
This year I'm more inclined to say it's a happy accident that they stumbled upon some passable offline gameplay for once, rather than a focussed effort on actually working towards it with any kind of vision or investment.

And yeah, hopefully that shit will be banned soon.

This year I'm more inclined to say it's a happy accident that they stumbled upon some passable offline gameplay for once, rather than a focussed effort on actually working towards it with any kind of vision or investment.

And yeah, hopefully that shit will be banned soon.
The vision was Adam moving out to Japan for 3 years and the better gameplay within the first year is certainly no accident. Having been on WENB when it first started Adam knows what made the game great in the first place and i do think PES 20 is the first piece in the puzzle. Rutter done the same thing with Fifa, He was a massive PES fan and managed to turn that series around from 08 onwards for a few years and for those few years it was the closest EA ever got to that magical PES formula. Lets hope Adam has that same effect as David and we do see the gameplay improving for the 3 years he's out there.

The vision was Adam moving out to Japan for 3 years and the better gameplay within the first year is certainly no accident. Having been on WENB when it first started Adam knows what made the game great in the first place and i do think PES 20 is the first piece in the puzzle. Rutter done the same thing with Fifa, He was a massive PES fan and managed to turn that series around from 08 onwards for a few years and for those few years it was the closest EA ever got to that magical PES formula. Lets hope Adam has that same effect as David and we do see the gameplay improving for the 3 years he's out there.
I could barely think of someone worse than Adam to bring about positive change to the series, and attribute absolutely none of the improvements in the game to him.

Now we are getting somewhere. So they have stripped single player right back over the years which has gone from deep single player to barely any content? Those things that have disappered from single player do they go into the myclub mode to make that deep or is myclub mode just as stripped as the single player now compared to a few years ago or whenever it was really deep or are all the features been totally omitted?

Could you make a list of all the things took out recently when myclub started so that we and others can make Adam and Official Pes aware of what fans want back in before myclub got released? I believe Adam is mostly an offline player or he certainly used to be and im sure he would listen to you if you put forward a decent list.

Regarding Fifa and FUT and offline i feel its totally different to what Konami do in that they make it a very fast simple game to keep FUT players happy. I dont feel thats the direction Konami take when playing offline hence i was asking why you thought Myclub is killing the offline game.
If you truly believe that Adam is a single player PES enthusiast these days then again, you’re being extremely naive.

If I was a betting man I’d put a large wager on him not even playing the game unless he’s at events etc. He’s probably absolutely sick of the series by now, being forced to constantly wear PES hats and t-shirts. Getting dog’s abuse on twitter by idiots that demand faces. He’s got a sh*t job, I wouldn’t want to do it.

I reckon behind closed doors he kicks off his shoes and plays FIFA until 5am :LOL:

If you truly believe that Adam is a single player PES enthusiast these days then again, you’re being extremely naive.

If I was a betting man I’d put a large wager on him not even playing the game unless he’s at events etc. He’s probably absolutely sick of the series by now, being forced to constantly wear PES hats and t-shirts. Getting dog’s abuse on twitter by idiots that demand faces. He’s got a sh*t job, I wouldn’t want to do it.

I reckon behind closed doors he kicks off his shoes and plays FIFA until 5am :LOL:
Good to see you laugh at your own jokes ;)

Bit weird saying Adam is not a PES enthusiast considering he just up and left his family to make the game better.

Good to see you laugh at your own jokes ;)

Bit weird saying Adam is not a PES enthusiast considering he just up and left his family to make the game better.
He up and left because of £££. It’s a career move.

Anyway, I’m done debating with you. ALL of your posts are praising one game whilst criticising the other, it’s boring. I just say it how I find it and both games are a million miles away from where they should be. No agenda from me.

Anyway, I’m done debating with you. ALL of your posts are praising one game whilst criticising the other, it’s boring. I just say it how I find it and both games are a million miles away from where they should be. No agenda from me.
How do you work that out? I agreed with you in that its not good enough they have stripped everything out of PES in recent years due to Myclub. Sorry my positivity bores you. You would of loved having me here from Pes2008-2019!

Last edited:
11 million views for a video regarding, nothing! Just players talking about ratings. 11 fucking million people!

This is the monster that is FIFA! This is the power of propaganda FIFA has, especially in England/UK Western World!

11 million views for a video regarding, nothing! Just players talking about ratings. 11 fucking million people!

This is the monster that is FIFA! This is the power of propaganda FIFA has, especially in England/UK Western World!

Can't be arsed. I just edit them anyway. Hah!

Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration considering he basically spammed Konami to let him work for PES.
I think he really did it out of love for the game, like I would do it.
Of course he'd seek a fair retribution in the process. And I can imagine that moving to Tokio meant a lot more wage as well. But what's wrong with that?. That's not even how it started, initially.

My best mate who grew up on ISS & PES but switched to Fifa a year after me (08 for me, Fifa 09 for him) thought the PES demo was far superior to the Fifa demo. To my amazement he went out and bought Fifa. Rest of my mates who game which is not many these days wont even touch the PES demo. I dont think Konami stand a chance it's just ingrained in so many now thats what you do each year you buy Fifa.

Funny watching that video though it's all about the pace for them. Almost parody!

Last edited:
My best mate who grew up on ISS & PES but switched to Fifa a year after me (08 for me, Fifa 09 for him) thought the PES demo was far superior to the Fifa demo. To my amazement he went out and bought Fifa. Rest of my mates who game which is not many these days wont even touch the PES demo. I dont think Konami stand a chance it's just ingrained in so many now thats what you do each year you buy Fifa.

Funny watching that video though it's all about the pace for them. Almost parody!

True, same thing happens with me and my friends.

Absolutely.

This is the scary thing. FIFA is pure garbage this year. I actually wanted to buy it due to volta but EA once again do not deserve a penny for me with such an incompetent effort. But the vice grip they have on society is scary! Its bad times, people are so shallow in what they want now they can keep getting away with incompetent games every single year!

I honestly do not think EA will ever change

Last edited:
I felt Pes went down hill at pes09. I actually enjoyed pes08 but it was so different from pes06.
Pes09 forced me to buy fifa09 and that was first fifa I’d bought since the first ever fifa on mega drive.
Pes10 was back on track then 11-16 I didn’t enjoy and didn’t even buy 18 and 19 but did play them via a mate.
I’m enjoying this years game but I’m not a hard core gamer so don’t see the flaws. I play about 2 matches a night.
I’ve spent more time on the pc modding than playing!
Out of interest which console did you play PES2008 on? I tried it on both 360 and the PS3 and found it to be laughably bad. Almost as bad as some of the worst football games I have ever played!

Back
Top Bottom