FIFA/EASFC and PES/eFootball: Contrast & Compare

I think fifa has done for pes 2020 for me.

Going back to pes today, even after the patch which has definitely improved it, it feels so limited and rigid.

In fifa you have so many options for controlling, passing, dribbling and shooting and then pes seems to feel like there are no options at all.
The right stick dribbling was a decision made by a c**t. Playing fifa after 4 months of pes, I never once reached for the right stick by accident. Going back to pes after 2 weeks of fifa, I constantly pressed L1 by accident.

Using OS sliders and bumping run frequency to 15, activating attacking fullback tactics, getting mane and Salah to cut in and firmino to drift wide, I've now got some great movement on the pitch.
3-4 times per 20 minute game, I've put together some fantastic moves. The rest of the time they break down because passing has error or never get started, just as they should.

Pes has great attacking teammate AI but the rubber-band-always-retreating defences mean the game almost never let's you open the team up, not cleanly, not on superstar.

Another thing I like about fifa is the sense of.momentum of passing when building multiples pass moves, as if you are increasingly out of control as each players adds speed to the attack with each pass.

I'll take what incan from Fifa this year and just accept pes is a two month game until they move to a new engine...

My conclusion: pes2017 better then pes2020. Fifa 17 better then fifa 2020. yes the new games has better graphics etc. But the offline gameplay isn’t better.
It’s kinda wierd but i justhad a couple of games of fifa 20 and while it was good i fired up 17 and had great games. Wish the ball was larger.
pes17 is something special too. Thankfully becau of mods i have 19/20 season on both

Re: FIFA 16 v PES 2016

Find yourself a VPN, there's plenty of free trials from the various sites and/or free services, (but do not use Hola they're scum who sell your bandwidth to botnets), this is a free one I've used in the past: https://tunnelbroker.net/

Here's a few links to free trials:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/12229/5-best-vpns-free-trial/
https://www.safervpn.com/vpn-free-trial
https://www.purevpn.com/trial.php
http://www.bestvpnproviders.net/free-vpn-trials/

Once you're sorted with your free trial, launch their VPN app, choose USA (or wherever unlocks on the 22nd Mexico is showing as 22nd right now whilst USA isn't), once it says you're connected go here to check your IP: http://whatismyipaddress.com/ if it shows USA/Mexico or what not then just launch Origin and you should be golden!

Old is really gold. Glad that my mouse has been stuck to your post. Insightful info you have provided i will have a check on these free trials...

^^

I feel more or less the same way as Christopher here.
I gave up on PES almost two months ago.
Fired it up again yesterday, got the updates, new mods, etc. Thought "Hey I have to give it a second chance! Because I was loving it until not too long ago!". But as soon as I got into the first minutes of the first match, everything felt sluggish and limited. It's like a game stuck in time.
PES is the only game that, if you haven't played it it for the past 6 years and you go back to play it now, everything feels and looks more or less the same, whereas if you played the version from 2 years ago, it feels very different.

To put it in numbers: If you gave up on PES in PES 2014 and you suddenly decided to buy PES 2020 now to give it a shot, you'd think nothing changed or evolved in the past 6 years. Heavy game, with responsiveness issues, little-to-no dribbling possible unless you use a magical combination of 16 buttons to perform ONE successful skill move through out an entire match, like you were performing a Fatality in a Mortal Kombat game. Even graphics look very similar to be honest.

But, if the last PES you played is PES 2018, and suddenly you decided to give PES 2020 a chance, well... you'd probably feel a lot has changed. PES 2018 was a fast paced, very arcade-oriented, with a high success rate at dribbling moves with skilful players, a goal scoring fest at times. While PES 2020 is what I said above.

With FIFA, on the other hand (while still not my cup of tea) you can see the evolution (and the involution too).
You pick up FIFA 14, and then you pick up FIFA 20 and BAM. You see improvements pretty much in all areas. They'll blow up right in your face Sure, you might have your own personal preferences regarding gameplay. Like I do. I prefer FIFA 16 to FIFA 20 if we're talking strictly about gameplay. But still, you can see how many more animations have been added, the visual improvements are worlds apart, etc.

AND if you picked FIFA 18 and then 20, YOU WOULD STILL SEE A LOT OF IMPROVEMENTS. More evolution than involution, actually. In all areas, too.

So I feel like I fell for the same Konami trap. A-GAIN. It feels magical during the first two months and then it becomes annoying, repulsive (this is just my opinion, of course) and unplayable.
Wow. You just described exactly what's happening. Pes 2020 is actually the first Pes I've bough after Pes 2014, since all the ones between have been more arcadey focused. Tried the demos, looked at the videos and I didn't like any of them. Bought this cause it reminded me of Pes 2014 and it's attempt at realism. It definitely has the same feel.

Unfortunately it's really similar to 2014 also in that they majorly failed in very important aspects of the game while going for realism. Defenders running into each other and players not taking the ball when it's right next to them. It's just silly. The last DF6 patch has made it less of a Monty Python sketch on the defensive side but your suspension of disbelief will be broken every game even yet.

We need some kind of a physics engine for the tackles next game, it just kills immersion to see nonsensical pre-canned animations play out. Fifa does this so well.

And I've never seen shooting this bad in a football game since Pes 2. It's bad in so many levels. I can barely understand how they are always making backwards progress. Keepers have never been better in Pes so I guess that's something.

Oh right, and the refs in Pes 2020. I think when Fifa went with transparent refs in their game, Pes wanted to up the ante and gave us no referees at all.

Last edited:
After reading all the positive Fifa 20 praise on this thread I finally went and purchased it on sale. What a disappointment.

I mean, with the new "feature" of more 1on1's I can basically take any player and just drive past one player (which is very very very easy) and I'm always through on goal, or maybe one more 1on1 and I'm through. The best option is to always just dribble, and the defense is totally crap at defending dribbles. One skill move or a change of direction and they drop like flies. This just fundamentally breaks the game for me. I tried all kind of gameplay mods to make the issue go away but to no awail. I modded Fifa 19 gameplay to be at least half decent but this year it's fundamentally broken with the "1on1 feature".

Career mode improvements get a big heads up though. Post match interviews really liven up the game. I guess I'm still back to Pes, and hope some mods liven it up again.

Despite Konami giving the middle finger to offline players in favor of "ESPORTZ TWITCH PRO PLAYER EXTRAVAGANZA," eFootball PES 2020 currently has 498 viewers on Twitch. Four-hundred-ninety-eight. In comparison, FIFA has 133k. Great gameplan, it has really paid off thus far.

Despite Konami giving the middle finger to offline players in favor of "ESPORTZ TWITCH PRO PLAYER EXTRAVAGANZA," eFootball PES 2020 currently has 498 viewers on Twitch. Four-hundred-ninety-eight. In comparison, FIFA has 133k. Great gameplan, it has really paid off thus far.
B-but we still have Kurt streaming the game, right? Right?

Oh, wait:

After reading all the positive Fifa 20 praise on this thread I finally went and purchased it on sale. What a disappointment.

I mean, with the new "feature" of more 1on1's I can basically take any player and just drive past one player (which is very very very easy) and I'm always through on goal, or maybe one more 1on1 and I'm through. The best option is to always just dribble, and the defense is totally crap at defending dribbles. One skill move or a change of direction and they drop like flies. This just fundamentally breaks the game for me. I tried all kind of gameplay mods to make the issue go away but to no awail. I modded Fifa 19 gameplay to be at least half decent but this year it's fundamentally broken with the "1on1 feature".

Career mode improvements get a big heads up though. Post match interviews really liven up the game. I guess I'm still back to Pes, and hope some mods liven it up again.
Yeah i also noticed that id be dribbling then the AI defender would just stop chasing me, i think that's why a lost of the sliders try and solve the defense by reducing RF and have a more defensive shape but it just makes the game really boring to play. If FIFA could have PES ball physics, custom camera and better AI defending it would be great.

If FIFA could have PES ball physics, custom camera and better AI defending it would be great.
What? Ball physics like any other physics is much better in Fifa. Pes has the same ball physics it's had in like 2013. In Pes the ball stops all spin when the ball touches a player's foot I'm pretty sure.

Pes has a better approximation of the game of football overall this year, but it's in many ways like playing a PS2 game with the graphics of a PS3 game. It has no dynamic tackle system like Fifa, if you tackle someone it just semi-randomly chooses an animation and a lot, maybe even most of the times the resulting animations makes absolutely no sense.

What Pes does better is that the pacing is absolutely perfect this year. The overall tactics are quite balanced, long ball tactics can work. Keepers are not exactly better than Fifa, but they play in a more exciting way, they rush a lot and overall it feels more like actual football goalkeeping. Their positioning is mostly quite shady but I can live with that. In contrast, in Fifa the keepers might just stay in their line until you're near the penalty spot.

What I absolutely can't stand in Fifa is the total weightlessness of players. It's like we are playing with a league of malnourished ballet dancers. Pes has done this much better, but the actual tackling situations are, to borrow a word from the streets. Kinda cringe.

What? Ball physics like any other physics is much better in Fifa. Pes has the same ball physics it's had in like 2013. In Pes the ball stops all spin when the ball touches a player's foot I'm pretty sure.

Pes has a better approximation of the game of football overall this year, but it's in many ways like playing a PS2 game with the graphics of a PS3 game. It has no dynamic tackle system like Fifa, if you tackle someone it just semi-randomly chooses an animation and a lot, maybe even most of the times the resulting animations makes absolutely no sense.

What Pes does better is that the pacing is absolutely perfect this year. The overall tactics are quite balanced, long ball tactics can work. Keepers are not exactly better than Fifa, but they play in a more exciting way, they rush a lot and overall it feels more like actual football goalkeeping. Their positioning is mostly quite shady but I can live with that. In contrast, in Fifa the keepers might just stay in their line until you're near the penalty spot.

What I absolutely can't stand in Fifa is the total weightlessness of players. It's like we are playing with a league of malnourished ballet dancers. Pes has done this much better, but the actual tackling situations are, to borrow a word from the streets. Kinda cringe.

Dip in and out of this thread just to see the state of play. I have to commend this take. This last two points makes PES the far better game in my opinion. I mean I quite like ice hockey, just not in my football games.

My opinion the ball behaves more life like in PES than it does in FIFA - i didn't compare FIFA to PES defense i simply said FIFA AI defending needs to be better and it does - you can waltz past players, AI defenders simply give up the chase at times

Even calling it "ball physics" in PES is a bit of a stretch. There are a few predetermined ball trajectories that the game can choose from, and while they do look quite realistic, it's not what I'd praise as good ball physics. That would be like saying characters in a cutscene have good AI...

I thought I'd try playing a football game again recently and wow, they're both absolute shite. If I was forced to choose which one I'd rather play it would probably be PES, but there are so many better games out there that I'm not going to waste my time with either of them. I say it every year, but this time I'm really not buying another one unless there are big changes.

PES5 foul system + PES2013 AI Dribbling mechanics + PES2020 dribbling + PES5 shooting + PES2020 keepers + FIFA20 presentation + PES2020 graphics + FIFA17 team id/ ai tactical set up= my dream gameplay

I purchased FIFA 20 a couple of weeks ago after I just couldn't get PES playing how I wanted vs the CPU.

I should start by saying I've always gone to whichever game I think gave me the most realistic experience. I've owned at least 1 or both games since the ISS days. Since 2015 I moved almost exclusively to PES. At its core I love PES- the base mechanics are amazing, but the more I've played, the more frustrated I've become with it when playing the CPU. I've tried gameplay mods, tactical adjustments and I just cannot get PES to feel realistic. It's just too end to end, too easy to pass through the lines (even on manual), there's no midfield fight or resistance and it's far too tactically rigid. These aren't things you would typically associate with PES at all but I can't help but reach those conclusions after too long with the same problems.

The 'wow' moments lose their appeal because on PES they're far too common. There's no real depth to the gameplay variety and within a match I've found myself bored with PES. Giving FIFA 20 a try was virtually down to boredom with PES and having extra time on my hands at the moment due to the lock down. I didn't at all expect to like it as my limited experience with FIFA in the last couple of years have not been great. I always just find the mechanics clunky and I would spend too much time fighting these mechanics as opposed to thinking about playing football.

Back to FIFA 20, I applied the Operation Sports sliders (V3) from the beginning (so I can't speak to the game on default) and I was so surprised at how it played. The pressure the CPU applies all over the pitch, the midfield game, the tactical fluidity and organic implementation of those tactics, the team and player ID have shocked me. The ball physics have improved quite a lot, to the point where I'm no longer (or at least rarely) taken out of the immersion because of them. A very large amount of this experience is due to the sliders for sure. The way you have to think more about your players body shape/balance when making simple passes and shots provides much complexity to the game and there's a real sense of depth to what happens throughout the pitch. It's not perfect, there are moments when defenders don't mark like they should or things will look a little 'off', but I'll take those moments for an overall realistic experience of playing or watching a football match. There's a sense of randomness, that the game isn't trying to prove itself to show these 'wow' moments all the time. If that results in some clunky or weird looking animations etc, I'll take it. There's so much variety to every game and you feel like anything can happen. You have to work and outsmart for what you create for the most part. I've found myself playing 20-30 minute matches quite easily with low scores and enjoyable/realistic midfield battles. I haven't once felt 'bored' during a match like I was finding with PES.

Player and team ID are not something I've ever associated with a FIFA game, in fact it's one of the reasons I moved to PES, but I can't deny what I'm seeing. Playing Liverpool or Man City feels extremely challenging and yet different to each other. Real Madrid a whole different experience again. Even the smaller teams seem to feel different to each other.

So all in all, I have to say I'm so glad I gave FIFA 20 a try (with these sliders). The presentation/sound of the game is quite stunning and this is something which I consider a bonus as I can't appreciate it without good gameplay. I'm quite comfortable at making the call it's the best football game experience I've had since PES 5 and while not perfect it's certainly not something I expected to say about any game a few weeks ago! Credit to @Matt10 for the sliders!

Last edited:
There's so much variety to every game and you feel like anything can happen. You have to work and outsmart for what you create for the most part. I've found myself playing 20-30 minute matches quite easily with low scores and enjoyable/realistic midfield battles.
Try dribbling more, see what happens. The AI can't defend dribbles at all. You'll soon start to have 4-0 games against much better teams. The 1v1 feature just broke the game this year. If you constrain yourself to never dribbling I guess the game can work quite well, but I just can't limit myself like that.

Try dribbling more, see what happens. The AI can't defend dribbles at all. You'll soon start to have 4-0 games against much better teams. The 1v1 feature just broke the game this year. If you constrain yourself to never dribbling I guess the game can work quite well, but I just can't limit myself like that.

This is the issue, until you or the opposition dribble the game is superb. Then it all just falls apart, I can actually take a player and dribble the whole way up the pitch on Legendary, this is a someone who doesn't use tricks. Because you're trying to play football you won't actually notice until you carry the ball and realise it. When the cpu dribbles it's even worse cause you have the same issues with your cpu not being able to defend alongside the fact that the player you are controlling con't defend either.

I actually beat the cpu 5-4 in my last game on legendary. I don't think I've ever scored 5 goals against the cpu in any football game, or conceded 4.

I purchased FIFA 20 a couple of weeks ago after I just couldn't get PES playing how I wanted vs the CPU.

I should start by saying I've always gone to whichever game I think gave me the most realistic experience. I've owned at least 1 or both games since the ISS days. Since 2015 I moved almost exclusively to PES. At its core I love PES- the base mechanics are amazing, but the more I've played, the more frustrated I've become with it when playing the CPU. I've tried gameplay mods, tactical adjustments and I just cannot get PES to feel realistic. It's just too end to end, too easy to pass through the lines (even on manual), there's no midfield fight or resistance and it's far too tactically rigid. These aren't things you would typically associate with PES at all but I can't help but reach those conclusions after too long with the same problems.

The 'wow' moments lose their appeal because on PES they're far too common. There's no real depth to the gameplay variety and within a match I've found myself bored with PES. Giving FIFA 20 a try was virtually down to boredom with PES and having extra time on my hands at the moment due to the lock down. I didn't at all expect to like it as my limited experience with FIFA in the last couple of years have not been great. I always just find the mechanics clunky and I would spend too much time fighting these mechanics as opposed to thinking about playing football.

Back to FIFA 20, I applied the Operation Sports sliders (V3) from the beginning (so I can't speak to the game on default) and I was so surprised at how it played. The pressure the CPU applies all over the pitch, the midfield game, the tactical fluidity and organic implementation of those tactics, the team and player ID have shocked me. The ball physics have improved quite a lot, to the point where I'm no longer (or at least rarely) taken out of the immersion because of them. A very large amount of this experience is due to the sliders for sure. The way you have to think more about your players body shape/balance when making simple passes and shots provides much complexity to the game and there's a real sense of depth to what happens throughout the pitch. It's not perfect, there are moments when defenders don't mark like they should or things will look a little 'off', but I'll take those moments for an overall realistic experience of playing or watching a football match. There's a sense of randomness, that the game isn't trying to prove itself to show these 'wow' moments all the time. If that results in some clunky or weird looking animations etc, I'll take it. There's so much variety to every game and you feel like anything can happen. You have to work and outsmart for what you create for the most part. I've found myself playing 20-30 minute matches quite easily with low scores and enjoyable/realistic midfield battles. I haven't once felt 'bored' during a match like I was finding with PES.

Player and team ID are not something I've ever associated with a FIFA game, in fact it's one of the reasons I moved to PES, but I can't deny what I'm seeing. Playing Liverpool or Man City feels extremely challenging and yet different to each other. Real Madrid a whole different experience again. Even the smaller teams seem to feel different to each other.

So all in all, I have to say I'm so glad I gave FIFA 20 a try (with these sliders). The presentation/sound of the game is quite stunning and this is something which I consider a bonus as I can't appreciate it without good gameplay. I'm quite comfortable at making the call it's the best football game experience I've had since PES 5 and while not perfect it's certainly not something I expected to say about any game a few weeks ago! Credit to @Matt10 for the sliders!

Thanks for a great post. I feel the same way and have the same stance with PES over the years, despite how much effort I've put in trying to sort out the tactical to help the base gameplay. PES never used to need that, and it's poor form to see how locked in these tactics/styles/roles have distracted the series the last 6 years.

This is the issue, until you or the opposition dribble the game is superb. Then it all just falls apart, I can actually take a player and dribble the whole way up the pitch on Legendary, this is a someone who doesn't use tricks. Because you're trying to play football you won't actually notice until you carry the ball and realise it. When the cpu dribbles it's even worse cause you have the same issues with your cpu not being able to defend alongside the fact that the player you are controlling con't defend either.

I actually beat the cpu 5-4 in my last game on legendary. I don't think I've ever scored 5 goals against the cpu in any football game, or conceded 4.

I would genuinely like to know how you're doing this on the OS Version 3 sliders. This is the number one test that is done when determining the best combination of Sprint, Acceleration and Marking. There is a discrepancy in Sprint and Acceleration in favor of the CPU to help them exactly with this.

To be fair, there was a time early in the release of FIFA 20 that this did occur. We brought this up to EA as well. I also made a video regarding the source of one of the issues called Defensive Angle Animation (DDA) here:

DDA was one way this would occur. The other has remained unfixed, even if it is intermittent - but more prevalent on lower difficulties (World Class, Pro) which is why we have pushed for Legendary difficulty as the home of the slider difficulty this year.

In this sequence you can see I've tried to dribble with sprinting from out to in - something that was done quite easily in FIFA 16. However, FIFA 20 doesn't make it as easy, at least not with the slider configuration.

If I take Ndombele and run at 45 degrees I can go all the way up the pitch without being tackled.

If I try and dribble straight the cpu copes better with it.

I haven't tried your OS Version 3 sliders yet, will give them a go. Problem for me being that I find having Acceleration and Sprint Speed anywhere near 50 makes the game way too fast.

Last edited:
If I take Ndombele and run at 45 degrees I can go all the way up the pitch without being tackled.

If I try and dribble straight the cpu copes better with it.

Is this with the OS sliders or not? Genuinely asking because it means I have to review this all over again. I just saw your guys' earlier post and have been testing with not able to recreate what you're talking about. My closest burst was down the side with my RB against a slow CB, who still managed to stay in as long as he could.

In the longer video I provided previously, you can see I also try to beat the CPU at that 45 degree angle.

Is this with the OS sliders or not? Genuinely asking because it means I have to review this all over again.
That video clip of yours just shows the problem. If you just kept running towards the goal there you'd have a free shot. The defender behind you would keep running but no one would come to close you down in the box because of the 1v1 AI feature. If you had opted to not cross the ball it would be a free goal basically. If you just keep the guy that is "1v1" with you right behind you no one will ever close you down. If he falls too far behind they switch targets though.

I tried all the popular sliders, and even heavily modded the game with the locale.ini but I couldn't fix the AI. If you beat one defender they will just keep running behind you with no one else ever closing you down.

Just put in your sliders, done both these in the 1st half of the first game, plus another with Son. Not 20 mins in yet.

That video clip of yours just shows the problem. If you just kept running towards the goal there you'd have a free shot. The defender behind you would keep running but no one would come to close you down in the box because of the 1v1 AI feature. If you had opted to not cross the ball it would be a free goal basically. If you just keep the guy that is "1v1" with you right behind you no one will ever close you down. If he falls too far behind they switch targets though.

I tried all the popular sliders, and even heavily modded the game with the locale.ini but I couldn't fix the AI. If you beat one defender they will just keep running behind you with no one else ever closing you down.

Yes, beating the defender is one thing. That's the unfixable issue I briefly hinted towards. It's what we call the jockey animation where the defenders do not close down and are confused what to do. A trigger of the right stick push ahead animation makes this worse. It also infects the World Class/Pro difficulties later on in the match, and sometimes on Legendary at random. I also brought this up in the DDA video. What I was addressing was dribbling the entire pitch, such as using the GK. This part shouldn't be as common.

Yes, beating the defender is one thing. That's the unfixable issue I briefly hinted towards. It's what we call the jockey animation where the defenders do not close down and are confused what to do. A trigger of the right stick push ahead animation makes this worse. It also infects the World Class/Pro difficulties later on in the match, and sometimes on Legendary at random. I also brought this up in the DDA video. What I was addressing was dribbling the entire pitch, such as using the GK. This part shouldn't be as common.
It's not really the issue of dribbling the entire pitch. It's the issue that when you get to the final third, which isn't difficult, you only need to beat one defender since they don't defend as a group to get a goal scoring chance. And beating a defender even with a below average player is way too easy.

In Pes, dribbling past a defender requires some good timing and the appropriate situation since even if you beat the first guy the second one will be there to close down your shot a good amount of the time.

It's not really the issue of dribbling the entire pitch. It's the issue that when you get to the final third, which isn't difficult, you only need to beat one defender since they don't defend as a group to get a goal scoring chance. And beating a defender even with a below average player is way too easy.

In Pes, dribbling past a defender requires some good timing and the appropriate situation since even if you beat the first guy the second one will be there to close down your shot a good amount of the time.

I honestly wish it was that easy, because I'd agree with you if it was. Labbing an issue is one thing, but then taking into equation of how it works in the actual ebb-and-flow of the match is another. This is why sliders exist because it is not based on just individual values, it's an assortment that help towards improving the experience overall. Unfortunately, they're all relative. A marking of 50 with the OS sliders version 3 wouldn't work, or a length of 55 wouldn't work. It was the same with 16, 17, however 18 and 19 did well to combat it.

The "back of the box" feature with FIFA 20 was in fact the 1v1 defending. I agree it makes it easy on default to beat players. When it was announced in the teaser trailer, I instantly recalled the depths of FIFA 15 and 16's bursting issue screaming back into frame.

Eitherway, this is why we have the discrepancy of significant proportions. Granted, if you try to exploit it, you can go for it - but the same can be done with PES and one-touch passing all across the pitch. I don't do it in PES because it's boring as is against the AI, and I don't do the dribbling against the CPU for the same reasons.

Regardless, a user of FIFA 20 and the OS sliders remarked on their comparison with PES 20 and you and @fernadez brought up some concerns. I've shown in video that it's not as easy as one may be led to believe, but have also explained the thought process.

Also, you may already know this, but modding the locale.ini with the OS sliders is not necessarily a good idea as the OS sliders have extreme values in place that the locale.ini will need to be fine-tuned to compliment that specific set. I think the back of the box feature of 1v1 defending in FIFA 20 has hurt more than helped, and am not surprised that it can't be fixed. Sliders can do so much, and in the case of the OS sliders, we've managed to reduce the chance of being put in those positions to allow those issues of the defensive line to arise. In FIFA, that's pretty much all you can hope for. Both PES and FIFA have their set of issues though, and I think @Anth James made a great post that I can relate to, especially as a PES fan.

Thanks for a great post. I feel the same way and have the same stance with PES over the years, despite how much effort I've put in trying to sort out the tactical to help the base gameplay. PES never used to need that, and it's poor form to see how locked in these tactics/styles/roles have distracted the series the last 6 years.

I would genuinely like to know how you're doing this on the OS Version 3 sliders. This is the number one test that is done when determining the best combination of Sprint, Acceleration and Marking. There is a discrepancy in Sprint and Acceleration in favor of the CPU to help them exactly with this.

To be fair, there was a time early in the release of FIFA 20 that this did occur. We brought this up to EA as well. I also made a video regarding the source of one of the issues called Defensive Angle Animation (DDA) here:

DDA was one way this would occur. The other has remained unfixed, even if it is intermittent - but more prevalent on lower difficulties (World Class, Pro) which is why we have pushed for Legendary difficulty as the home of the slider difficulty this year.

In this sequence you can see I've tried to dribble with sprinting from out to in - something that was done quite easily in FIFA 16. However, FIFA 20 doesn't make it as easy, at least not with the slider configuration.

Matt is that a modded pitch? Looks so good...

I honestly wish it was that easy, because I'd agree with you if it was. Labbing an issue is one thing, but then taking into equation of how it works in the actual ebb-and-flow of the match is another.
Well, if the game works for you that's great. I wish it did the same for me, since Career Mode is looking really solid this season. The ballet physics and the easy dribbling just destroys my suspension of disbelief.

Pes one touch passing is solved by playing full manual, unfortunately for Fifa I can't solve it's problems.

Matt is that a modded pitch? Looks so good...

Yeah it's using @Chuny GFXMod. It's the best!

Well, if the game works for you that's great. I wish it did the same for me, since Career Mode is looking really solid this season. The ballet physics and the easy dribbling just destroys my suspension of disbelief.

Pes one touch passing is solved by playing full manual, unfortunately for Fifa I can't solve it's problems.

If the easy dribbling was consistent, I'd be where you are, but it's not. Agreed that manual passing helps the PES issues. However, there are just too many other issues with PES, but I'll defer that FIFA has just as much. It's unfortunate that we're in a state of footy games that make us choose which has the less bearable issues and which doesn't. Once either of them have separate gameplay built for onilne and offline, then we'll start to see a difference. In that respect alone, FIFA at least has the tools available to modify the gameplay.

Agree with the manual passing. But it does feel like it reduces the player ID, such that it is. What are your thoughts? Do you feel it still retains enough when it comes to passing stats?

I just went out to try the OS Sliders v3. The dribbling issue is slightly better, but on the other hand the overall game is worse. The 1v1's are definitely harder to win with these sliders but overall the defense is much worse.

I played just one half in Championship League. I had two unopposed shots from inside the box, where I just walked in, not even sprinting. Then I had a classic goal of beat defender then just keep waltzing forward from half field unopposed while keeping the defender behind me. I know this is preliminary since it's just one half but I just can't be bothered to try more.
--------------------------
On PES 2020:

Pes has nearly gamebreaking issues as well, especially the tracking. Players a lot of the times forget the ball is near them. Shooting is possibly the worst I've seen in a football game in 10 years. Graphics are a joke. Master League is a far cry from Fifa's Career Mode. There are some aspects Pes absolutely nails though and that is the overall pacing of the game and first touches.

I feel like this year it's more about Fifa being very bad than Pes being that good. Been the first Pes I've bought in a long while. Even so, can not recommend Gabe's v5 gameplay mod for Pes enough https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/new-gameplay-with-dt18_all-cpk.80757/page-194 . Really does wonders to all aspects of the game.

Back
Top Bottom