FIFA suspends the Hellenic Football Federation !!!

ortansevin

CLOSED USER !!
1 April 2005
Bagdat Caddesi / Istanbul
Fenerbahce SK
FIFA suspends the Hellenic Football Federation

The FIFA Emergency Committee, composed of five presidents and one representative of each of the six confederations, today (3 July 2006) decided to suspend the Hellenic Football Federation (HFF), having determined that the situation of the HFF is not in line with the principles of the FIFA Statutes regarding the independence of member associations and the independence of the decision-making process of the football-governing body in each country.
In September 2005, the FIFA Executive Committee gave the HFF a deadline of 15 July 2006 to obtain from the Greek government an amendment to the national law on sports in order to enable the association to be in conformity with the FIFA Statutes and the relevant UEFA regulations.

In spite of repeated warnings from both FIFA and UEFA, the commitment expressed by Greek government representatives to amend the law on sport to irrevocably recognise that football matters can only be decided by the HFF and its subordinated football structures has not been respected. In fact, the recently-presented draft of a new law on professional leagues constitutes another example of interference from the government in football affairs. Therefore, the FIFA Emergency Committee has determined that the deadline would not be met by the HFF and that the suspension of this federation was necessary.

This decision means that the HFF and all of its members (clubs, players, officials) are suspended with immediate effect and until further notice from all international contact, which also includes participation in international competitions at all levels, the organisation of international matches in Greece and the appointment of officials for international duties.

Further information from:
FIFA Media Department
media@fifa.org

Whoa. I didnt know FIFA can suspend a whole league like that.

RuneEdge said:

Heheh, booya! Talk about bringing out the heavy artillery. Eh, screw the greeks - if they wanna play by their own rules, let them play by themselves.

RuneEdge said:

looks like its just international involvment, including friendlies.

Its a bit heavy handed, although I suppose its keeping in line with the refs at the world cup

:applause: Well we have done it yet again!!!I hope by Tuesday the problem will be fixed though.The greek parliament will have to decide at that day that the domestic laws are changed,otherwise farewell to Europe and to champions league final in Athens 2007.I believe the problem will be solved.

F**** !!!
Ouaddou went to olympiakos in orther to play the champion's league and he had offers from monaco , deportivo and anderlecht and now no champion's league ](*,)

FIFA are preventing greek clubs from entering international competiotions. the also the NT. but it is stupid though.
FIFA shouldn't interfere in the manner each country manages their leagues.

Mr Blatter plays God, the Fifa thinks she can go in confrontation with Goverments!!! Well done Fifa, same thing Blatter and Bush!!!!

Fifa/UEFA has so much problems, with corruption, faked Games ......, but thats not ibnteresting, lets make a little bit trouble with Greece!

Every nation has the rigt to have their own rules in some things, when they are not against the community, who does FIFA think they are??? Captain Planet or what????
this is unbelivable!!!!1:shock:

Some surprising ignorance going on around here.
FIFA has always been about this. It's a power over other powers. Soccer countries have the option of not belonging to FIFA, in the same manner they can opt to stay out of UN. But we all know that's not an option so countries accept FIFA dictactorship to join the club. Of course a country cannot expect to stay at the club if they break the rules.

I'm not saying I agree with this, I hate Blatter and FIFA is a nest of corruption but I'm a bit admired people didn't know that clubs, players and FAs have to stick with these rules. For example it's pretty common and known soccer institutions (FAs, Clubs and players) cannot run for the national courts to seek justice for their cases. The Bosman ruling was probably the one exception to this whole mob deal.

Portugal was also warned a while ago, but a new law that was published solved the issue.

Portugal and poland havent changed nothing!!! Fifa will F*** with greece!

the disicion was called for Juli the 15th!!! and now they kick out Greece 2 weeks before that date???? So the Goverment has not the Time to change something!!! I think its Time for changes by fifa and UEFa, ai cant see any longer this OLD Guys!!! we need young and Fresh people not mumies!!!!

Fifa can do whatever the fuck they want. Cant comply, cant play...

jimis said:
Portugal and poland havent changed nothing!!! Fifa will F*** with greece!

the disicion was called for Juli the 15th!!! and now they kick out Greece 2 weeks before that date???? So the Goverment has not the Time to change something!!! I think its Time for changes by fifa and UEFa, ai cant see any longer this OLD Guys!!! we need young and Fresh people not mumies!!!!

Portugal has changed its sporting laws recently greek overexcited boy. Don't mention what you don't know. ;)

Back
Top Bottom