FIFA World Cup 2014 - PS3/X360 Only

Demo Impressions

I'm no expert in Fifa but from what little I've played of Fifa 14 it's a pretty tight game. This demo, however, has not impressed me in the same way.

Controversial I'm sure, but the way the ball moves across the ground reminds me a lot more of the kind of thing I'd expect from Fifa Street than a core Fifa title. It honestly feels like it's rolling on ice, speeding up as it goes along and bouncing...never? Along the same lines players turn way too quickly, which is a negative hallmark of the Fifa series but I felt was curbed to a good extent in Fifa 14. Maybe it's because it's a 4 minute demo but it's just way too fast for my liking, even on slow with my own speed/acceleration adjustments (the ones I use for Fifa 14).

And call me strange but the players look blurry. I can't even make out the detail on Mexico's away kit (number, badge, etc). It's just a big reddish glow.

I'm sure you guys can make up your own minds but, while the presentation is excellent as expected, I'm not convinced about the game on the pitch at all. I was hoping to enjoy the game, but it feels like they have tried more to capture the spirit and the excitement of the World Cup rather than an actual simulation of football this time around.

Last edited:
Had a few hours with it and I can't see paying for this. I'll save the money for FIFA 15 on the PS4 this fall.

not worried if its not that good, for PC there will be some WC patch then :P

but i'll try it myself because opinions are...and here some guys think PES 2014 is the best football game so :D

Bit of a rip-off though as it's essentially the same game as FIFA 14 with a different UI and limited replay value.

So nothing changed for the team selection screen then:

rMdsuB5.jpg

Just a different background, pathetic.

So nothing changed for the team selection screen then:

Just a different background, pathetic.

Did you really expect it to change?
It is EA they are releasing the game to make a quick few quid.

You won't see any major improvements to FIFA until they ditch development for the current gen.

It is EA they are releasing the game to make a quick few quid.

Not Always true.
I'm a big fan of the SSX franchise.
Here is an EA development team that keeps close contact with the community of the fans and that almost permanently listens to feedback and actually changes things because of user feedback.

Tried some games but it's just impossible to enjoy Fifa on last-gen after playing it on PS4. It's a shame because the game would be interesting if it were released for PS4/XB1

i agree with northzzz,it feels arcady compared to fifa 14.
ground passing is overpowered and feels wrong,does not feel balanced like fifa 14 does.
i like fifa 14 ,it feels like timing,finesse are important.
shooting feels right,passing good, defending satisfying,its not perfect but a good game to build on.
and nextgen feels fluid without losing a grounded feel to playing.
animations have a realistic feel to them.
in this fifa worldcup demo defending feels wrong ,offence is overpowered.
okay lofted through balls are less acurate but the overpowered groundpassing is worse now ,general speed is to fast even on slow speed.
feels like an arcade game to me.
just hope they dont base fifa 15 nextgen on this game,it just needs small improvements ,i like enough time on the ball ,not rushed gameplay where reactions are the most important.
good AI is needed in the game where timing,skill and composure on the ball is needed to break down defences,defending should feel as rewarding as attacking in a footballgame.
in this demo it feels more frustrating than it should.
i tought of buying this game altough i have a ps4 already,but this demo made it clear its not for me.

I'm enjoying it and full game should be better. I like the corner user tactics, you can crowd the keeper and put him under pressure.

No way back to lastgen football games.After playing 3 full seasons on fifa14 PS4.

100% agree. After playing fifa14 on ps4/xbox one you cant go back. I tried ps3 demo of world cup and its awful looking for start and miles back in gameplay depth...Waiting for fifa15 on ps4...

Not sure what to make of the demo. I played FIFA WC 2010 to death and loved it but games have moved on since then and this still has some elements of that game. Shooting on FIFA 14 is better and has more oomph than this demo does. Also it seems that some of the dribbling lends itself to FIFA street. I mean the longer knock ons of the ball when your player accelerates.

I loved the sound of that little thing in the nets on WC 2010 but I can't hear it now? I was really looking forward to this as I don't own either football title this year but I'm more no than yes now. And yeah the speed is too quick and passing feels a bit off...

Have just played the demo for the first time and it is really awful.

Just fast passing is awful, and the ball never slows down.
I don't know what they have done with the physics but everything is incredibly poor.

Also first time I have played FIFA on PS3 for a while? Does FIFA 14 look this bad, the graphics were absolutely awful thought I was playing ISS on the PS1.

Have just played the demo for the first time and it is really awful.

Just fast passing is awful, and the ball never slows down.
I don't know what they have done with the physics but everything is incredibly poor.

Also first time I have played FIFA on PS3 for a while? Does FIFA 14 look this bad, the graphics were absolutely awful thought I was playing ISS on the PS1.

No, it seems as if the game is struggling in the graphics department because of all the effects going on in the background. The level-of-detail has taken a massive hit going by the demo.

No, it seems as if the game is struggling in the graphics department because of all the effects going on in the background. The level-of-detail has taken a massive hit going by the demo.

Agree. I don´t know why the hell they tried to put so many details in the game knowing it would be only for PS3/360. It would make much more sense if they have made it for PS4/XB1 and they could end up adding even more effects without compromising graphics.

Yeah, when the players walked onto the pitch with the crowd and all the paper on the screen, I reckon it was running at about 5FPS.
Absolute shambles, definitely wont be buying this.

it would be a disaster if they don't bring ignite to pc next autumn.

Disaster for who? :P

If PC gamers actually bought games EA would probably make Fifa 15 with ignite engine for PC, but the world of PC gamers is full of :PIRATE:

Can´t blame EA for not making a proper Fifa 15 version for PC, neither Konami for thinking about not releasing PES2015 for PC... Blame the PC gamers :SMUG:

Won't be this year, you certainly won't see FIFA 15 NG on PC.

Probably be FIFA 17 before you see the next gen version on PC

omg, the only reason was not to make FIFA 14 NG for PC because it came out way earlier than the PS4 & XBO, got it?....imo if PS4 & XBO not selling well(like shit ) that would be the only reason not the have NG for PC too this autumn

Back
Top Bottom