FIFA World Player of the Year

Who will win FIFA World Player of The Year?

• Thierry Henry

Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Andriy Shevchenko

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Ronaldinho

Votes: 38 56.7%

• Total voters
Its gotta be Ronaldinho, and by a long shot IMO, the guy is awesome, he performs at all levels, for Barca in La Ligue and The Champs League, also for Brazil, he cant be faulted.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Its gotta be Ronaldinho, and by a long shot IMO, the guy is awesome, he performs at all levels, for Barca in La Ligue and The Champs League, also for Brazil, he cant be faulted.

have to agree, ronaldinho easily deserves this
every time i see the guy play he is awesome

Ronaldinho has been awesome but what has Barca won in that time? Even as a Man Utd supporter id rather give it to Henry as he played a major part in Arsenals success and their tremendous record run.

he may not have won anything with barca (YET!) but he has been a major factor in turning one of the biggest clubs in the world back to the top of spain and indeed europe

knh4 said:
Ronaldinho has been awesome but what has Barca won in that time? Even as a Man Utd supporter id rather give it to Henry as he played a major part in Arsenals success and their tremendous record run.

yeah henry deserves credit for his part in arsenals run last year, but other than that what else, not much, Ronaldinho does it on any stage, the match against Real recently is a great example, compare that to henry who puts more effort into pouting and moaning than anything else, he was AWOL at OT, AWOL at Anfield and thats without bringing up his woeful performances for France and in The CL.

Sheva is just sheer class, unfourtunatley him playing for Ukraine holds him back from the World Stage IMO but his record for Milan and in The CL speaks for itself.

I read suddenly Andriy Shevchenko is the favourite for the prize over Ronaldinho and Thierry Henry.

Sheva' for being the superb player he has been for the last 5 years or so.
Ronaldinho will probably get it next year if Barca win La Liga or the CL.
Henry is a great player, but it's Sheva's time for recognition.

Henry or Ronaldinho, please No Sheva

Henry is better than Sheva, more complete player, maybe Sheva are more regular
and Ronaldinho is a magical player

even though im brazilian, i hope sheva wins, for everything he has done for milan, truly, ronaldinho did amazing things last year, but we gotta give this one to sheva, ronaldinho will have another opportunities, i think :)

It puzzles me but why isnt Deco among the top three? You would think winning the Champs League and reaching the final of the Euro Cup would be enough!

Ronnie, simply amazing player . He deserved it this year for his success in barca.

Certainly Henry, he was magic in the league run (whole season unbeaten) did appreciably w ll in the Champs league also, and scored two goals on a crappy French team at the Euros. I agree all 3 carried their teams, but Ronaldinho didnt play on the Copa (through no fault of his) and Sheva couldnt grace the Euros. Barca were naught in the Champs league and AC Milan did no better than Arsenal.

Henry doesnt deserve to win in this year. He might be good in EPL, but he just played decent in national team and in CL.

Personally, I prefer Sheva, but Ronaldini is really a big big threat to win also. He's great!!

I'd like Sheva to win but its most likely gonna be Ronaldinho. Henry deserved it last year but this year its a no from me.

Three great players, but none deserve to win it....FIFA wants stars to win it.
Where is the logic??? Two years ago Ronaldo won it, he played 7 good matches in a whole season but those seven matches were in the WC which he won with his club...so definitely winners were more important than players who were consistent throughout the season...

So the list should be: Deco (or Maniche or Ricardo Carvalho) - Zagorakis - Vicente.
The best players of last season's great winners: Porto - Valencia and Greece. Since Portugal also played the final of the EC, it should be a Portugese player of Porto (Deco, Maniche or Ricardo Carvalho and why not a defender for once...).

I'm not quite sure about ROnaldinho. Did Brazil won the South American cup for national teams against Argentina???? In that case Ronaldinho should be nominated but it still should be either Deco, Maniche or Ricardo Carvalho.

But Henry, SHeva and Ronaldinho are world stars...it's all about "advertising value".

Maybe Ronaldinho

i think shevchenko shud win...
ronaldinho has been great but he hasnt won anything yet. where as shev as won the league
(and performs well in champions league)
henry may hav won EPL, but under performs in other competitions

Gerd you are 100% percent right, why does fifa not give the award to players who deserve it, I mean the whole world knows the short list should be 1. deco 2. zagorakis 3. carvalho. But all fifa care about much like their games is name branding.

Out fo the 3 it should be sheva, the guy is consistency personified, Ronnie did alot to bring barca back to where they are now, as for Henry great great talent but is an anomaly of epic proportions can tear apart leeds by himself but cant do a dam thing against world class teams in majort comps, but fifa being fifa, dont be surprised if Henry wins it

BTW when is the ballon d' or announced

Gerd you are 100% percent right, why does fifa not give the award to players who deserve it, I mean the whole world knows the short list should be 1. deco 2. zagorakis 3. carvalho. But all fifa care about much like their games is name branding.

Out fo the 3 it should be sheva, the guy is consistency personified, Ronnie did alot to bring barca back to where they are now, as for Henry great great talent but is an anomaly of epic proportions can tear apart leeds by himself but cant do a dam thing against world class teams in major comps, but fifa being fifa, dont be surprised if Henry wins it

BTW when is the ballon d' or announced

Back
Top Bottom