FIFA World Ranking (Updated)

Milanista said:
Well i mean you take it quite seriously too if you bother to respond.
I think Borgetti is a good player, i think if he moved to Europe he would play like Angel. Similar strikers.

C'mon Milanista, I've always thought you've got some intelligent posts...but how can we compare Borgetti to Angel...why isn't Borgetti in Europe...Angel has been sought after by Inter, Arsenal and Barcelona. Plus he's proven himself in the Pemireship. How about Borgetti?who's after him? Tigres? Guadalajara? Look your entitled to your opinion, as is csaunders and everyone else but so am I.

Oh yeah...Mexican soccer sucks...just watch a game.

I never said anything about the Mexican league being good (i actually think its boring:)).
But Borgetti has proven himself with the National team, and if im not mistaken, i think he chose to stay in Mexico because he didnt like playin in Europe.

the reason all mexicans stay is because they are the highest paid league in both n and s america.....
Very rich league, very rich players.. Mexican leauge might be boring, but Im not gonna argue with such an expert as "blow job"........

listen you hairy cunnt... your the one with John Harkes in your aviator...the biggest scrub in American soccer history. Who the fuck told you its a rich league? have you ever been to mexico?...its one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere. Sure they get paid better than the MLS and some South American countries but thers no way you can make the argument that its a rich league or that Borgetti or any other tomato picker would jump at the opportunity to play in europe...Borgetti didnt turn down Europe. Europe turned him down...b/c he cant play there.

Marado_10 said:
listen you hairy cunnt... your the one with John Harkes in your aviator...the biggest scrub in American soccer history. Who the fuck told you its a rich league? have you ever been to mexico?...its one of the poorest countries in the western hemisphere. Sure they get paid better than the MLS and some South American countries but thers no way you can make the argument that its a rich league or that Borgetti or any other tomato picker would jump at the opportunity to play in europe...Borgetti didnt turn down Europe. Europe turned him down...b/c he cant play there.

There's a card in your future....

Look, you can argue all you want, but don't lose your cool.

i hope you carded him for the "tomato picker" garb, cause that is plain wrong. Now I have read the avg mexican league player makes $400,000 US a year, Blanco makes $2 million US. Thats alot of dough in Mexico, is that on par with Europe? And Borghetti could paly in any league in Europe.... And his Harkes comment put me in a state of shock, here is a man who
helped USA qualify for three World Cups, and was capped 90 times!

Hahahaha! And there he goes, straight red!!! :mrgreen:

Ohh, BTW Blanco really makes all that money?!?!? I'M PACKING TO MEXICO NOW!

if i could read spanish, i could probalby get more hits on mexican player salaries.... But im pretty damn sure that is how much he makes, Mexico is not as poor as the guy was saying

1)11 in GDP
2)its got a free trade agreement with the states, there economy roles with ours......, granted its not a rich country, but it is hardly one of the poorest in the western hemisphere

Yeah I know, theyre developing fast after they got into ALCA...

But that's just the kind of thing you expect coming from that asshole.

Marado10 - there are plenty of quality players in N and S America that dont go to Europe and there are various reasons. One is that there is a limit on the ability to play in certain leagues for non-EU players, there are immigration requirements that need to be met, and there is also the fact that some players prefer to stay in their home countries, even though they could play abroad and make more money.

You need to chill out and enjoy the weekend. . . .

ghazi said:
Marado10 - there are plenty of quality players in N and S America that dont go to Europe and there are various reasons. One is that there is a limit on the ability to play in certain leagues for non-EU players, there are immigration requirements that need to be met, and there is also the fact that some players prefer to stay in their home countries, even though they could play abroad and make more money.

cmon ghazi,
tell me im right and he is wrong :mrgreen:

oh dear scotland slip again :roll: ive never like the current ranking system it would be a lot better if they reset the points every 5 years and only include proper competions (WC/EC/ect..ect) no points for friendlys.

as far as i know the system has no reset date for points and u get points for freindlys i mean come on u had france number 1 when brazil had won the world cup :shock: .

or u could have 2 ranking systems 1 world 1 that u only get points for during WC qualifiying and during WC and a regoinal ie Europe/Asia/S America...ect...ect

if u can understand what im trying to say ur doin better then me.

csaunders said:
ghazi said:

cmon ghazi,
tell me im right and he is wrong :mrgreen:

You're right brothuh. . . . Hey bitch, I gotta be in DC for a pre-trial meeting on Thursday June 10th. I have to fly out that night, but if I have free time, I'll let you buy me a drink and we can talk about the drubbing Chicago is gonna give Adu and the rest of DC on June 5. :mrgreen:

Maybe you and JFLores can bring your PS2's to the airport and get your asses kicked . . on second thoght, a Muslim man jumping up and down with an electronic device in his hand while in airport is probably not a good idea. :mrgreen:

spain 3rd for about last 5 yrs but have never won anything, just proves to me its all bollocks, Brazil will be top even if the lose the next 5 worldcups. its all rubbish i dont even bother lookin anymore!

Complete crap. . . . other than USA being #7 :mrgreen:

How can Spain be 3rd in the world, when they were hardly third in their Euro group??? LOL. This should not be about potential. it should be about accomplishment.

Netherlands ranking is an insult, too. At what point in the tournie did they look like one of the best 5 teams in the world??

Greece beats France (2), ties and also beats Spain (3) in the last 8 months (3), and beats Czech (4). . . . and gets ranked 14. . . which is 2 places behind Portugal whom they beat twice at HOME. :l

Shouldnt be long before the US is ranked first! 8)

I don't understand the FIFA World ranking, the Holland beat 2 times the Czech Rep in the World cup qualifing. and now the Czech Rep. take the second place and holland down at the third place ! lol

http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index/0,2548,All-Nov-2005,00.html

1 Brazil 0 841 1
2 Czech Republic 1 796 13
3 Netherlands -1 791 -6
4 Argentina 0 774 -4
5 France 0 772 -4
6 Spain 2 771 7
7 Mexico -1 768 -1
8 USA -1 766 -2
9 England 0 757 3
10 Portugal -1 754 0
11 Turkey 0 749 6
12 Italy 0 741 5
13 Denmark 1 732 2
14 Sweden -1 731 -2
15 Japan 1 713 2
16 Germany -1 710 -2
17 Greece 1 708 2
18 Uruguay -1 706 -3
19 Iran 2 702 3
20 Croatia -1 701 -1

wtf happened to ireland? we were going steady at around 13th/14th/15th for last few years. now we fall out of the picture completly because iran and shit teams like that get to the WC? :O

FIFA's ranking depends on games played and against different levels. sorta like the WEFA rankings, which i don't get at all as well!!! hahaha

what i don't like or get is why is Mexico and USA so high?? i know, they are the top of the North American continent, but still...they play against teams that are low in the ranking....Italy has been quite steady lately, thought they would increase 1 or 2 places, Czech back to 2nd? hm.....holland did lose 1 or 2 friendlies lately, but i thought that they beat czech twice would have kept them 2nd...

2nd thing i don't get is Spain....they have having some consecutive wins but most of those aren't against teams high in ranking, why are they so high in standing??

Turkey....well, they are quite fair team...

ThomasGOAL said:
and France 39 games and only 1 defeat vs Greece in Euro 2004
morocco has lost only once in the last 3 years (africa cup final against tournament host tunisia) israel are unbeaten in the WC prelim too ;)
Enda said:
wtf happened to ireland? we were going steady at around 13th/14th/15th for last few years. now we fall out of the picture completly because iran and shit teams like that get to the WC? :O
sorry for you but Iran is no shit team and it may be better than ireland (they have really improved since your playoff for 2002's WC).
anyway guys this ranking count the past 8 years results so of course it doesn't reflect the actual power ranking but does the premier league do so ? is wigan better than manchester united and arsenal ?

Last edited:
Doping said:

yes, portugal are better than england. no doubt about it. they proved it at euro 2004. they played them off the pitch for 120 mins and should have got the job done before it came to penatlies :applause:

Back
Top Bottom