16 Nigeria 683
17 Belgium 674
18 Iran 666
19 Korea Republic 665
20 Portugal 662

Full list May 2004 :
http://www.fifa.com/en/mens/statist...elect11=All&cmbMonth=May&cmbYear=2004

the France are again second !!! :l
last goal versus the France are in semi final of the Confederation cup versus the Turkey the 26 june 2003 :l
and only 1 draw in Feyernord versus the Holland.

maybe Italie are 11th :shock:
Portugal 20th :shock:

Last edited:
haha, Germany better than Czech Rep., England, Italy... ridiculous. and what's up with Mexico?

Re: FIFA World Ranking - May 2004

ThomasGOAL said:
maybe Italie are 11th :shock:

There's no maybe about it Thomas, they ARE 11th!!!

These ratings are shocking at times . . . . . .yet another FIFA cock-up :roll:

Mexico do well in their own tournments outside Europe, but I wouldn't, and don't pay much attention to this scoring system.

arnt the south american teams already on there world cup qualifing campaigns, im sure you get more point for these than euro qualifiers and friendlies!

the points are calculated against where you are playing the game, i.e. home, away or neutrel ground and the standard of opposition (which i guess is worked out via their place in the FIFA rankings).

EDIT: oh, and the type of game, e.g. friendly, euro qualifier, world cup 1st round, etc, etc. . . .

How the hell are USA and Turkey better than England. Germany probably have loads of points from the world cup final but Turkey aren't even going the Portugal for fuck sake.

Blatter probably made them up!

That table isnt the same as the Sky one. England are 12th on the Sky Sports News Table, well - joint 12th with Cameroon.

THAT TABLE IS WRONG I TELLS YA!

If you the follow the link its the right table, the one posted ThomasGoal has made up :l

FIFA explains their rankings on the website. They consider all national team games, including exhibitions and local tournaments, etc.

The US just beat Mexico for the 6th time in 8 games last frikkin week. Mexico has not scored on the US in 400 minutes and yet they are ranked 4th in the world. My ass.

Mexico is basically ranked 4th cuz of their WC performamce in reaching the Round of 16 (before getting tooled by the USA :mrgreen: ) and because they won the Gold Cup, which included beating Brazil in the final (not the full Brazil squad, but FIFA doesnt care who starts).

These rankings are not accurate obviously. I would place more weight on other sources.

i still think pretty much everyone in europe and these boards underestimates mexico, they have a VERY VERY VERY Strong domestic league, they have players who would never leave mexico(they love there country very much) who would do very well in the prem, borgetti, is easily the player Juan Pablo Angel is. I think the reason why football pundits rate them so hightly is that they combine the two rare traits of skill and physicality, which alot of teams dont. They can play the beautiful game and they can make a forward cringe everytime he has to check for a ball... I just dont think they get as much exposure because few of there players, play abroad..

Portugal are level with Iran :shock:

Why do FIFA bother with these rankings when its obvious they are a crock of shit

CWright said:
Portugal are level with Iran :shock:

Why do FIFA bother with these rankings when its obvious they are a crock of shit

That table is wrong. The CORRECT table is under the link he posted

Portugal are BELOW Iran :shock:

Very Strange your list Thomas, this is the list which I received:

Fifa Rankings May 2004

(From) Country: Points:
1. (1) Brazilië 838
2. (2) Frankrijk 819
3. (3) Spanje 784
4. (5) Nederland 744
5. (6) Argentinië 741
6. (4) Mexico 738
7. (8 ) Turkije 737
8. (11) Verenigde Staten 724
9. (7) Duitsland 723
10. (9) Tsjechië 720
11. (11) Italië 717
12. (10) Engeland 714
(13) Kameroen 714
14. (14) Denemarken 700
15. (15) Ierland 697
16. (21) Nigeria 683
17. (16) België 674
18. (17) Iran 666
19. (20) Zuid-Korea 665
20. (17) Portugal 662
21. (21) Zweden 660
22. (19) Costa Rica 659
23. (26) Saudi-Arabië 6 58
(28 ) Roemenië** 658
25. (23) Paraguay 655
(24) Kroatië 655
(25) Uruguay 655
(26) Japan 655
29. (30) Polen 653
30. (29) Rusland 652

42. (42) Finland 594
52. (52) Letland 551
90. (88) Macedonië 483
112. (114) Armenië 411
146. (147) Andorra 288
152. (152) Suriname 274
172. (174) Nederlands Antillen 202
195. (195) Aruba 73
204. (204) Montserrat 6

its probably cos they havent played any competitive internationals for 2 years due to them hosting euro 2004.

csaunders said:
i still think pretty much everyone in europe and these boards underestimates mexico, they have a VERY VERY VERY Strong domestic league, they have players who would never leave mexico(they love there country very much) who would do very well in the prem, borgetti, is easily the player Juan Pablo Angel is. I think the reason why football pundits rate them so hightly is that they combine the two rare traits of skill and physicality, which alot of teams dont. They can play the beautiful game and they can make a forward cringe everytime he has to check for a ball... I just dont think they get as much exposure because few of there players, play abroad..

Ok, if you said this and meant it ....damn man you really dont know what your talking about :shock: . I live in the states and I watch the Mexican league, and every major european domestic leauge also....and you could NEVER make some stupid statement like that if you watched half of what I've watched. And that thing about Borgetti being just as good as Angel, Borgetti hasn't even scored 11 goals in his shitty mexican league...while Angel has more than doubled that with 23 goals this season.

That list is a bunch of crap...who the hell needs a ranking anyway...your true ranking is determined in tournaments and cups.

Marado_10 said:
csaunders said:

Ok, if you said this and meant it ....damn man you really dont know what your talking about :shock: . I live in the states and I watch the Mexican league, and every major european domestic leauge also....and you could NEVER make some stupid statement like that if you watched half of what I've watched. And that thing about Borgetti being just as good as Angel, Borgetti hasn't even scored 11 goals in his shitty mexican league...while Angel has more than doubled that with 23 goals this season.

That list is a bunch of crap...who the hell needs a ranking anyway...your true ranking is determined in tournaments and cups.
dude your a bitter man, you need a blow job..... I dont care what the hell you watch, historically the mexican league has been top notch for years, so has there national team, so just because you watch all the leagues, your some kind of football expert, please.....

HEY - NO FIGHTING BETWEEN AMERICANS!!! :l :(

San Jose just thrashed the starting Sporting Lisbon squad 4-1. We need to be rejoicing. :mrgreen:

He said 16 in the Premiership and he's right... he's scored 26 overall but only 16 in the league. Think before you talk shit to people.

yeah ok he said 16 in the prem. but I also said 23 overall and I am right too. This is seriuosly getting out of context.

The point that was meant to be made was that in no way is Mexican football any good...it sucks.... and there's definatly no way Borgetti is better or even as good as Angel. Thats all. I mean you guys are hilarious if you take this forum so damn seriously.

Well i mean you take it quite seriously too if you bother to respond.
I think Borgetti is a good player, i think if he moved to Europe he would play like Angel. Similar strikers.

Back
Top Bottom