FIFA World Youth Championship

Just came back from the stadium, pretty good matches.

Brazil - Morocco: It seemed to me the game plan of the Moroccans was to put 9 people behind the ball and let 1 person try to run as far as he can go, and maybe have a crack at the goal if he gets that far, worked pretty well only the red card was fatal.

Argentina - Nigeria: Great match, it was a very even game. Constant pressure from the Nigerians in the first half, man they're fast! Saw nice combinations from both sides. IMO Nigeria should have got at least 1 penalty, but Argentina deserved to win, also taking their road to the final in perspective.

Congrats to Argentina for the championship, I think they found very good levels during the tournament as Lionel Messi, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Gago or Óscar Ustari; it's a pity for Nigeria, I believed they controlled the match very often and showed players with a very promising future as Jon Obi Mikel, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie or Taye Taiwo.

Glavisted said:
Congrats to Argentina for the championship, I think they found very good levels during the tournament as Lionel Messi, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Gago or Óscar Ustari; it's a pity for Nigeria, I believed they controlled the match very often and showed players with a very promising future as Jon Obi Mikel, Quincy Owusu-Abeyie or Taye Taiwo.

owusu-abeyie plays for the netherlands by the way

Unluky that we lost in the final...but it's good that we got this far.

So Glavisted, did you watch the whole match? How well did Nigeria play?

sringer go here www.latestgoals.net

ohhh my i just saw the clips of arg vs nigeria, nigeria looked far better based on the clips

second pen for me was adive and also nigeria was not given one damn!!!!!!!

the forwards ogbuke and promise are very quick and sharp
so does obi and taye taiwo

i neva thot the super eagle will have a new era, but looks like these eaglets are ready to replace some of waning eagles like kanu et al.
till 2007 hope all these players make it big

my players of the tournament include
messi
owusu
issac promise

Stringer Bell said:
So Glavisted, did you watch the whole match? How well did Nigeria play?
I liked the nigerian game, here we put us of the side of the african team because they had a very bright play, and probably they appeared in better form than Argentina. It's a pity that haven't finalized of the best form for them.

Back
Top Bottom