FIFA10 Semi/Manual 360 League

Maybe just semi passing is allowed and everything else manual? Or would that put some people off who have joined?

For me, it's the passing that is annoying. Semi/Assisted passing is far too easy. Everything else I couldnt care less about.

Yeah I don't mind semi Passing and having everything else on manual.

I would prefer all manual if everybody will do it, but I think it will only leave a few of us?

Semi-assisted passing with rest on manual is fine with me. Assisted shooting sometimes screws you over anyway. You're probably better off with manual.

So whos in with these control settings then?

Passing - Semi or manual
Through balls - Manual
Shooting - Manual
Crossing - Manual
Long balls - Manual

Anyone dropping out because of it?

So whos in with these control settings then?

Passing - Semi or manual
Through balls - Manual
Shooting - Manual
Crossing - Manual
Long balls - Manual

Anyone dropping out because of it?

those settings are fine for me however,

manual passing v manual passing is very fair and makes for a much more slow patient game

Yeah those settings are fine :).
We probably need semi passing actually - a lot of my manual games have ended 0-0, we might get more goals this way!

Any rules on pressuring? It wouldn't really be an enforceble rule but pressuring does pretty much make the game crap when there's too much of it.

When is it starting?

What's the teams to be used?

Is it one big league?

Hoping to start it this weekend

3.5* to 4.5* teams

Depends on the numbers we get.

Pressuring is a tough one and will be difficult to judge as there is no way for a third party to watch a game and "Be the ref" if you will. I guess that kind of thing can be discussed between players before the game kicks off

Yeah those settings are fine :).
We probably need semi passing actually - a lot of my manual games have ended 0-0, we might get more goals this way!

Any rules on pressuring? It wouldn't really be an enforceble rule but pressuring does pretty much make the game crap when there's too much of it.

LOL so what are we supposed to do just let you have the ball??? its all part of the game and if there is a player who is clearly better than me you bet i am going to try to give him as little time on the ball as possible.

This weekend is a good time to start as I have all of next week off (half term!) :D.

I'll pick a team later if that's what we're doing.

LOL so what are we supposed to do just let you have the ball??? its all part of the game and if there is a player who is clearly better than me you bet i am going to try to give him as little time on the ball as possible.
Oh so you're one of them, I suppose cutbacks were just "part of the game" in PES6 :ROLL:

This weekend is a good time to start as I have all of next week off (half term!) :D.

I'll pick a team later if that's what we're doing.

Oh so you're one of them, I suppose cutbacks were just "part of the game" in PES6 :ROLL:

lol i tell you what lets play no pressuring and while we are there can we play no shooting from outside the box too. Oh and can we make a rule where you cant play through balls or cross..

What the hell does one of them mean??? if it means do i close people down then yes i am one of them??? isnt that part of the game???? As for the cut backs in pes no i never used them but i did like to play the ball down the wings and get balls into the box. Got slated a lot for that too:CONFUSE: I am not quite sure what some of you want from a football game????

lol i tell you what lets play no pressuring and while we are there can we play no shooting from outside the box too. Oh and can we make a rule where you cant play through balls or cross..

What the hell does one of them mean??? if it means do i close people down then yes i am one of them??? isnt that part of the game???? As for the cut backs in pes no i never used them but i did like to play the ball down the wings and get balls into the box. Got slated a lot for that too:CONFUSE: I am not quite sure what some of you want from a football game????
For an explanation, read this post:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-buttons-must-go-why-they-mar-great-game.html

There's not much more I need to add...

For an explanation, read this post:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...-buttons-must-go-why-they-mar-great-game.html

There's not much more I need to add...

Ok after reading the above post i take your point,i am not the sort of player to constantly hold down the B button giving away free kick after free kick but i do admit i am going to have to learn to play a slightly different way if i am going to do anything in this league. Looks like i had better get some practice in now :)

Although I agree about constant pressuring and how annoying it is, I don't think we can make a rule to outline it with this league. It is ok to agree with friends, but some people in this league you won't know and they have a certain way to play and want fun out of the league aswell. I think we will just have to be happy that we can get 20 people to agree to semi passing and the rest manual.

If you feel like you are not going to enjoy the league with people pressuring, then I don't think you should join, as you will get upset and it will probably cause friction.

I think how you rate if someone is using the pressure button too much is subjective and it will be too hard to inforce and arguments will arise. If we want this league to complete and be fun, we need to limit the areas in which arguments may happen.

Thats my opinion anyway :DD

Although I agree about constant pressuring and how annoying it is, I don't think we can make a rule to outline it with this league. It is ok to agree with friends, but some people in this league you won't know and they have a certain way to play and want fun out of the league aswell. I think we will just have to be happy that we can get 20 people to agree to semi passing and the rest manual.

If you feel like you are not going to enjoy the league with people pressuring, then I don't think you should join, as you will get upset and it will probably cause friction.

I think how you rate if someone is using the pressure button too much is subjective and it will be too hard to inforce and arguments will arise. If we want this league to complete and be fun, we need to limit the areas in which arguments may happen.

Thats my opinion anyway :DD
You're right, i'm just going to have to see how people play at the start of the match and if they are pressuring too much, i'll have to do it back...

I just don't see why you would join a semi/manual league if you don't want to attempt to simulate football, doesn't make much sense to me.

Don't listen to Rob. He cheats anyway.
I'm going to have to not do any lobs and purposely not score any headers from corners now :P.

But surley closing down is part of simulating football??? doesnt every team close down??? one of the basic rules of football imo, and its not my fault if EA have not done a good job of simulating this with there game.

If manchester utd are playing Stoke in the premiership you dont see stoke saying ah go on you have the ball and we wont close down too much, we wil just stand off a bit and let you play. No stoke will be closing down working hard and mixing it up a bit. Surley thats what makes football so great, seeing the smaller clubs take the scalps of the big boys. Closing down is part of the game and tho i wont be flying into tackles left right and center i will be closing down and trying to give the better players no time at all to pick out killer balls. If that is wrong i have been playing the wrong game for the last 20 plus years.

Of course teams close down and pressure players... I never said it wasn't part of football.

What i'm saying is the way it is in FIFA doesn't simulate how it is in real life and the only way to make it more realistic is to mainly tackle using the analog stick rather than the over-effective A/B buttons.
Just holding the pressure buttons makes your defender go into some hyper-mode where they have super strength, lightning reactions and world class tackling ability...

Cutbacks are part of football, it wasn't our fault that Konami didn't do a good job of simulating the difficulty of it with their game... Did we exploit it if we wanted a realistic game? No.
What's different with pressuring?

As I said before though, there's nothing that can be done to stop it in this league so i'll just have to put up with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pressuring must work different to you lot then because if i ever slip back to my PES ways and hold down X all the time my players get dragged all over the place and i get picked apart

I agree with Chonk. If people pressure like mad then just play simple passes around them and exploit the space they leave. Simples :)).

I know you will come back and say it's too effective etc, which I do agree it is, but if you play simple passes then you will counter it.

For the teams, I think we should do a random draw to decide draft numbers then pick in the draft order. I don't mind doing the draw and filming it if that's ok?

I agree with Chonk. If people pressure like mad then just play simple passes around them and exploit the space they leave. Simples :)).

I know you will come back and say it's too effective etc, which I do agree it is, but if you play simple passes then you will counter it.

For the teams, I think we should do a random draw to decide draft numbers then pick in the draft order. I don't mind doing the draw and filming it if that's ok?

I vote for this aswell :DD always been the best way in the past I think.

Good point about playing simple passes to counter the pressuring - i've only really played manual 1v1 games online games and it's a nightmare then because even simple passes are forced to be rushed.
Maybe on semi where we don't have to concentrate on aiming each pass we can plan a few passes in advance and not have to worry about misplacing really simple ones.
The AI teammate players could do with being more intelligent and exploiting the spaces left by pressuring though.

I also vote for a random team draw :) How will the teams which go into the draw be chosen?

Good point about playing simple passes to counter the pressuring - i've only really played manual 1v1 games online games and it's a nightmare then because even simple passes are forced to be rushed.
Maybe on semi where we don't have to concentrate on aiming each pass we can plan a few passes in advance and not have to worry about misplacing really simple ones.
The AI teammate players could do with being more intelligent and exploiting the spaces left by pressuring though.

I also vote for a random team draw :) How will the teams which go into the draw be chosen?

From a bigger hat

It's not a random team draw that Bob and I are proposing, it's a random draft draw. Then you just pick which team you want. So the draw is for draft numbers, and then you pick your teams in that order.

Back
Top Bottom