FIFA13 Sliders

Ok here's my Fif13 sliders, I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy with them so let's consider them as ver 0.7! First some post match stats showing a few games played with them:

---------------
Controller Settings
---------------
All Manual controls
Analogue sprint
Tactical defending
---------------
Game Settings
---------------
10 Minute halves
Legendary
Slow
---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 48/48
Acceleration - 49/48
Shot Error - 52/52
Pass Error - 50/85
Shot Speed – 51/51
Pass Speed - 60/63
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 65/70
Goalkeeper Ability - 48/48
Positioning:Marking - 90/45
Positioning:Run Frequency - 50/50
Positioning: Line Height - 52/52
Positioning: Line Length - 48/48
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 66/68
Power Bar - 60
First Touch Control Error - 51/53

Thanks for posting these sliders, I'm going to try them out tonight, but have a few questions which I hope you can answer. Cheers.

1. Do you think these settings would work well with 7/8 minute halves, or would I have to tinker with the settings? Generally, I prefer tighter, lower scoring games.

2. With the default sliders (legendary), I often find that your AI-controlled midfielders simply do not track back, get behind the ball and pick up runs etc. Do your sliders help this issue?

3. Linked to the previous point, it seems that the opposition players have to much space, with games being too end-to-end, with counter attacks taking precedence over midfield battles. Again, have you find that your sliders make an improve to this scenario?

4. As you've increased the CPU first touch error slider, do you find that they are more prone to playing long balls and making clearances, having made poor first touches?

5. Do these sliders have any impact on both team and player individuality? Whilst I feel EA have made improvements to these areas in this iteration, it would be great if they were more pronounced.

6. Even though these sliders have been designed to replicate EPL style football, do you envisage them being effective and offering added realism for other leagues? I understand that it might be too early to make a judgement here.

Ok here's my Fif13 sliders, I'm not sure that I'm 100% happy with them so let's consider them as ver 0.7! First some post match stats showing a few games played with them:

Just want to say these are just about perfect for me. I've toned down CPU pass error by 5, but this plays an absolute joy. Thanks!

jsjohal89

1. Yes I don't think the half length will matter really as the sliders don't affect anything to do with that.

2.& 3. the increased marking for you will help a bit but you'll need to edit your team's formation and custom tactics accordingly to ensure they help out more, high defensive workrate and backtracking arrows help there.

4. yes it's noticeably improved.

5. increased passing error and first touch error will help show a difference between average players and good players so thus it helps to show player individuality.

6. I don't watch any other football so I couldn't say for sure but like any slider set use as a base and tweak to suit what you feel fits :)

beachryan Glad to hear it :)

I'm really struggling to find the sweet spot with speed vs acceleration. If the acceleration's too low then the knock on becomes too effective and other defenders don't react in time to cover; too high and the CPU dribbles like mad and I can't react in time.

slidermatches01.jpg

slidermatches02.jpg

slidermatches03.jpg

slidermatches04.jpg

slidermatches05.jpg

slidermatches06.jpg

---------------
Controller Settings
---------------
All Manual controls
Analogue sprint
Tactical defending
---------------
Game Settings
---------------
10 Minute halves
Legendary
Slow
---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 48/48
Acceleration - 49/48
Shot Error - 52/52
Pass Error - 50/85
Shot Speed – 51/51
Pass Speed - 60/63
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 65/70
Goalkeeper Ability - 48/48
Positioning:Marking - 90/45
Positioning:Run Frequency - 50/50
Positioning: Line Height - 52/52
Positioning: Line Length - 48/48
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 66/68
Power Bar - 60
First Touch Control Error - 51/53

Just had a game as Liverpool v Norwich and it was great fun. One main issue is that Norwich really couldn't string more than 3 passes together though, CPU pass error definitely needs to be reduced a little.

Great work otherwise.

My current settings are:
Full manual
Legendary
8 minutes
Slow game speed

Camera: Tele
Height 0
Zoom 5

Slider: User/CPU

Sprint Speed - 48/48
Acceleration - 48/46
Shot Error - 50/52
Pass Error - 50/61
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/65
Injury Frequency - 80/80
Injury Severity - 50/50
Goalkeeper Ability - 45/45
Positioning: Marking - 70/70
Positioning: Run Frequency - 50/50
Positioning: Line Height - 48/48
Positioning: Line Length - 40/40
Positioning: Line Width - 40/40
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 50/50
Power Bar - 50/-
First Touch Error - 50/60
is there this option in your game ? i don't have first touch error in my sliders :SHOCK:. do u have pc or xbox360/ps3 ?

u r right mates . i'm playing demo and still have not brought final version . anyway thanks a lot .

I'm trying 100 First Touch Error (for both Hum/CPU) at the moment. I haven't tried it with lower league sides yet, but for mid-table Premier League outfits it seems decent.

@Placebo

Tried your sliders yesterday and they're brilliant. I had to tweak a couple for my own taste (cpu pass error reduced a couple, cpu shot error up a couple and pass speed reduced a couple for both), but as a starting point they're spot on.

Playing on Legendary is actually enjoyable and you can really tell the difference between certain types of players.

Glad you're enjoying them :) Now I'm in the Championship with Wednesday I've also tweaked them a little bit here and there but nothing very noticeable :)

Hi Placebo/Scorpio

May I ask a quick question please?

As I'm still only on 'professional' level do you think that either of your slider settings would be suitable for me?

Thanks in advance chaps

db

It's possible, I do create my sliders with the focus on "humanising" the AI of higher skill levels such as legendary/world class, I'd suggest if you try mine you start on world class and see how it feels, should be somewhat closer to default professional, if the AI has lessened passing/ball control you should be able to get the ball more, just remember they'll be more deadly in front of goal!

Well the marking slider as well as the line height/length sliders help to compact (or de-compact) things somewhat. Playing in the Championship I felt CPU teams stayed too deep and the length was longer than realistic so working on that, didn't quite feel the same for EPL matches though.

Hi Placebo/Scorpio

May I ask a quick question please?

As I'm still only on 'professional' level do you think that either of your slider settings would be suitable for me?

Thanks in advance chaps

db

The challenge with playing on Professional is meager too say the least as you can almost walk the ball into the opposing half. The pressure from the cpu is abysmal and unrealistic. That's why Legendary is the way to go with tweaked sliders.

This makes the cpu more lifelike in defending and pressure and because the passing on Legendary would make York City play even better than Barcelona, tweaking the shooting and passing errors makes it again more realistic.

I've found increasing the first touch error significantly (to 80) for both user and CPU makes the game miles better.

How to make the game pace damn slower? Slower than .. maybe FIFA 12 slow?

Well the marking slider as well as the line height/length sliders help to compact (or de-compact) things somewhat. Playing in the Championship I felt CPU teams stayed too deep and the length was longer than realistic so working on that, didn't quite feel the same for EPL matches though.

Placebo could you give us your Championship sliders set up & EPL sliders set up. Would be great to have them both for us guys playing CM with both EPL teams and Championship clubs :D

Okay, so... my current controversial theory is that the Marking slider maybe does nothing.

OR it doesn't do what I'm expecting it to, and I haven't figured out what it is doing.

In FIFA 12 the Marking slider was very visibly a distance modifier. How tight they would get to the opponent they are marking, with 100 being very tight and 0 being further apart.

I've just tried 0 and 100 on the full FIFA 13 PC version and so far I can't detect a consistent difference, there are moments with both when you see tight marking and loose marking. Whereas in 12 it always seemed fairly obvious.

The thing I like about Placebo's sliders is that it kills the sense of 'perfection' in the CPU's play without it decreasing the difficulty too much.

There's also variation in the CPU performance. You can win a game based on a poor performance by the opposition rather than playing well.

had a great game at Anfield in which I conceded and saved a penalty in the first 2 minutes. Later on up the other end, Liverpool failed to clear properly and Rooney played a nice back heel to Fletcher who slotted it in the bottom corner. Liverpool were dire after that and I went on to win 5 - 1 with little effort.

I still may make a few more tweaks. Maybe pass error down a little and first touch error up, so that there's a little more variation in their mistakes.

The sense of satisfaction when scoring a goal is much greater on Manual, despite the one or two shocking misses which I need to cut out!

Back
Top Bottom