FIFA2006 PS2 Final version

lol have barca never had a sponsor, lol I meant both the nike tick and a sponsor, heh how the hell have I failed to notice that! lmao

Basically Barcelona have kept there kit as it was before sponsorship came into football, claiming that they have never 'sold out' as such, and also to pretend they are so rich that they dont need a shirt sponsor, though they could well be that rich. However I dare say Nike pay a rather hefty price in order to be there shirt suppliers, remember that the Nike Swoosh is the ONLY thing on that shirt that shows a brand as such. There was rumours this year that they were being offered a HUGE deal to have a sponsor on their shirt, however I never heard anything more about it, so probably it was voted against accepting the deal.

I think for many years Real Madrid had just a plain shirt too, but not sure to be totally honest

game sux compared to WE9...even the dutch commentary...
WARNING: DONT BUY IT !!
this was fifa's last shame, they stop producing footygames..its the best for everyone..

Holio said:
Basically Barcelona have kept there kit as it was before sponsorship came into football, claiming that they have never 'sold out' as such, and also to pretend they are so rich that they dont need a shirt sponsor, though they could well be that rich. However I dare say Nike pay a rather hefty price in order to be there shirt suppliers, remember that the Nike Swoosh is the ONLY thing on that shirt that shows a brand as such. There was rumours this year that they were being offered a HUGE deal to have a sponsor on their shirt, however I never heard anything more about it, so probably it was voted against accepting the deal.

I think for many years Real Madrid had just a plain shirt too, but not sure to be totally honest

Went on the Barcelona stadium tour last season, and the guide says that Barcelona have 50 or so sponsors, who contribute varying amounts of money, but the fans decided not to let the name of a company tarnish the famous claret and blue stripes.

Exact opposite to Roma and Lazio, where no one could be bothered... hehehe

Rubbish game. just did a Milan derby. San Siro is wrong, there are no boxes on the top ring, Milan kit has no collar, hair looks fucked up, players from far look fat. This is the XBOX version. Presentation is nice, but other than that its the same as the demo.

j4y3m said:
Awful, is there any way I can actually control what my players do?? :| They all seems to carry out pre-determinded acts. :|
:lol: Went over the top there mate. Its not THAT bad.

Changed the controls to be more similar to PES/WE and changed the speed meter and I like the game a lot more, but there is still some kind of strange effect on players making them all white and shiny. :|

:applause:
Milanista said:
Anyone notice that you cant actually run around a player without using the tricks?

Agree the speed isn't realistic in that regard. In WE9 you can blow by cats easy but it's realistic to. I mean even I can just push or tap the ball in front of me catch up to it and avoid another player why not in fifa? We9 yes it can be done and is done alot instead of using tricks. Thats one of the rreasons that WE9 on PSP works so well becaiuse you just have to rely on natural ability instead of trickery.

well I finally managed to get hold of a copy.

Like other people in this thread, after the first couple of games I feel pretty dissapointed.

When you first play the game you get taken in by the atmosphere and commentary. But soon after you start to find the nice things a bit repetitive, leaving the you to focus more & more on the gameplay. This is where it dissapoints.

Although its very nice being able to match up the controls with PES, it doesnt help when you cant match up the gameplay.

All I can say is play around 10 mins of Fifa, then put on WE9. Its so refreshing, and makes you feel like a muppet for putting on Fifa in the first place.

Good effort, but not a big enough improvement over Fifa 05.

Well, played FIFA 2006 on PS2, and am pleasantly surprised by how much it's improved over the utter crap that was FIFA 05. In fact, it was enjoyable to play.

Pros:
The AI seems to be better with more players making runs..
Gameplay improved
Atmosphere excellent
Can configure the controls to be identical to WE.. almost... excellent idea to convert WE fans to FIFA... good idea from EA... Konami should consider the same approach to maybe win over FIFA players. Makes it more accessible
GKs look good

Cons:
L1 - Changing players is not that responsive...
Shooting - seems completely automatic and slightly soulless
Graphics -
1) at the dynamic default view, looks good
2)not that important, but the players look ghostly white, at night... strange lighting effect. Closeups - Players' bodies look too stocky and have no necks... arms and legs look like they are stuck on to the body crudely. Also, for FKs, why do players look bow-legged???
Ball physics... ball seems very scripted in flight during lobbed balls.
Player catch-up: the defender can catch up easily, and will ALWAYS win the ball if he presses you from behind, for long enough... seems like an old WE

So, I am actually impressed by the effort this year from EA. The main qualms I have, which I believe can be fixed next year are

1) Ball physics... with Konami's superior physics engine, you actually see some realistic deflections and unanticipated events occurring which enhance the sense of realism and unpredictability... feels less scripted in WE.

2) Subtlety - this is hard to describe, but let me give an example... tackling a player in WE9 whilst running side by side, you can use you weight to nudge the player off the ball... if you push too hard though, you foul the guy... after practice, you can really sense how much you can push without fouling. Also, regarding tackling, despite many complaints by WE players about how easy it is to foul players in WE, I have to say that when mastered, you can tackle perfectly... either sliding or using a block tackle.
What I notice in FIFA 06, is that the tackling is VERY EASY... and lacks subtlety or any learning curve.

Depends what you like.. I can understand that many ppl want to pick up and play the game, and FIFA does this well... however, I personally like the learning curve necessary in WE games, as it truly differentiates the novice from the expert.

All in all, I will play both games. FIFA 06 is a GOOD game, and I anticipate that it will improve alot next year... Konami better watch out, because FIFA have decided to copy as much as they can of the WE gameplay...

... they are getting closer!!!

A very good game, enjoying playing it but I'm getting bored a lot quicker now...

Will only play it till PES5 is out but I think they are getting close and Konami have some decent competition now. :)

Just played FIFA 2006 final version for PS2 not a demo..or anything like that. Well me being a huge PES/WE fan its time to say that FIFA 06 is a huge improvement. I always used to bash FIFA games but FIFA 2006 did improve its gameplay. It is coming closer I`d say to early PES/WE versions like WE6.. but in all honesty when it comes to FIFA 06 vs WE9/PES5 you can`t compare them in any way. PES5/WE9 is real football... FIFA 06 is still very scripted.. especially the shooting and the ball movement.. far away from being realistic. I didn`t play PES5 but I own WE9 I am telling you.. playing WE9 feels like I`m controling real human players on the pitch.. the way they move, make passes use tactics.. and all is just jaw dropping. When I play FIFA 2006 I still feel like I`m playing a video game, but WE9 feels like I`m right there on the pitch doing all I can do to get a win. EA is doing a good job they are improving so who knows maybe in a few years they will have same gameplay as in PES/WE. But this is a good thing for PES/WE fans which means KONAMI will must do better so EA doesn`t catch up to them.

The problem EA has is that they are mimicing the previous version of PES/WE, not the one that is being released at the same time as their latest fifa. If Fifa 2006 was being released say last year alongside PES4 then it would have been a tight run thing IMO. This Fifa is very good. The career mode is extreamly deep, its a nice refreshing change from the same master league that we have been playing for the last 3-4 years. Anyway this competition is good. It means that maybe in a few years time we will have a big dilema and may have no choice but to purchase both, which is never a bad thing.

Johan, how did you get a copy of the game? I thought it came out Oct 4 here in the US, OPM already told me it came out in germany, but it comes out Oct 4 in the US, how did you get it? does eb games and gamestop have it already?

Doubla R said:
Johan, how did you get a copy of the game? I thought it came out Oct 4 here in the US, OPM already told me it came out in germany, but it comes out Oct 4 in the US, how did you get it? does eb games and gamestop have it already?

No, my ex gf is in Germany now (Cologne) so she sent me a copy.. and I have modded PS2 so I can play PAL formats.

omg, soccergaming forum... :lol: posted by a greece guy, okay...i think his brain might be injured cause of the football his national team plays :applause:

the pes guys can't understand that fifa 06 is much more close to real football

i will tell it again

FIFA 06 IS THE BEST SIMULATION GAME IN THE WORLD

i know that you dont want to bilieve it but all of you know that is right.
follow your heart.

Pes is sooooooooooooooooo unrealistic. bad moves, bad passes and all time when you pass to offensive, 90% he will be alone with the keeper.
and something else, when i am scoring in fifa i say! "wow what a goal" and when i score in pes i say "ok, another goal" it doesnt give me the feeling i want.

freak! :lmao:

^^ If he is comparing it to PES4 then he is right to a certain extent. In that game it was far to easy to split the defense with one pass over the top and be one on one with the keeper. But they have fixed that in WE9 and improved many other aspects of the game, so its match point Konami again.

Back
Top Bottom