Figo and Kahn - National Retirement

SPiTFiRE

Eusébio forever
6 April 2004
SL Benfica
I'm shocked with the new! :shock:

Kahn said:
It was my last game as International. It was a beautiful adventure, but we need to know when we must stop, I'm international since 1995 and this is the right moment!

Figo said:
It's really heavy to end like this, but this game doens't delete what Portugal did on the World Cup. Germany was very effective and they deserved to win the game.

Good-bye captains! :applause:

With so many greats ending their careers (or atleast their international careers) this World Cup, its really looking like the end of an era.
These days there is too much talk about potential and no end product. The ol' greats like Figo and Zidane are going to be truely missed.

SPiTFiRE said:
Yeah, but we'll not miss him. :roll:
In the next future, you'll miss him, trust me. You'll miss his ratio and his attitude. There's only one Pauleta...You can't deny that.

:applause: Popol !

Last edited:
Figo, Kahn and Zidane are legends, probabily ill be Del Piero last game for Italy as well.

Others great players ill came to their places but this guys are Legends.

As portuguese i have to say "Obrigado Luis Figo!"

Pauleta will be missed as well, Portugal's best scorer EVER, even if he didn't score on the WC or the Euro, he's still our number one, and if it wasn't for him we wouldn't be here, maybe.

I think it was time for Costinha to go as well, but he's the one who decides, not me...

Obrigado Figo e Pauleta!

I surely won't miss Pauleta. I'm hoping Almeida can be a good striker. Nothing out of the ordinary but I think he might get the job done.
By Pauleta. Thank for your dozens of goals in the qualifyng stages.

A big THANK YOU for Figo. A legend on the pitch.

OBRIGADO FIGO!

:cry:

All portuguese fans hate Pauleta because he didn't play for 1 of the big 3 ???

Last edited:
No Tuta, portuguese fans hate Pauleta because:

1 - Pauleta doesn't play or has ever played in portugal's big 3.

2 - they don't know a dime about soccer. Only a nerd doesn't understand WHY Pauleta fails to deliver in the national team when he delivers so much in league competitions: PAULETA DOESN'T FIT THE NATIONAL TEAM TACTICAL SETUP.

So it's not Pauleta's fault, it's the coach option.
I agree with ppl saying here that Portugal will miss Pauleta, specially when we start crying seeing the likes of Nuno Hermafrodite Gomes, Helder Pocilga or more laughable Almeida playing for the national team.

Mauras you sure now alot of footie.
Ever thought that Pauleta lacks confidence?
his attitude in the big stages is completely different from qualifying/club.

Mauras said:
No Tuta, portuguese fans hate Pauleta because:

1 - Pauleta doesn't play or has ever played in portugal's big 3.

2 - they don't know a dime about soccer. Only a nerd doesn't understand WHY Pauleta fails to deliver in the national team when he delivers so much in league competitions: PAULETA DOESN'T FIT THE NATIONAL TEAM TACTICAL SETUP.

So it's not Pauleta's fault, it's the coach option.
I agree with ppl saying here that Portugal will miss Pauleta, specially when we start crying seeing the likes of Nuno Hermafrodite Gomes, Helder Pocilga or more laughable Almeida playing for the national team.

The "Hermafrodite" scored some of the most important goals for Portugal for the past 6 years, against the really big teams. He scores more goals per minute at the National team than Pauleta. Pauleta scores a lot agains Liechtenstein...

But i get it, he plays for that Red team right? ;)

Not because of playing at the red team, it's because Nuno Gomes rejected a contract with Sporting in a few years after Fiorentina, so must of them have a big headache like Mauras. :lol:

P.S.: Envy is really... really a bad feeling! :lmao:

Back
Top Bottom