Figo released by Real Madrid

Think he's a cert for the Prem, but for some daft reason I see him in a Serie A team shirt.

I'll say between Man Utd, Spurs, Lazio or Inter.

FD

Inter, his long time admirers since last year.

Marca reported that Serie A side Inter Milan were interested in signing Figo and have also made enquiries about Real's Argentine internationals Santiago Solari and Walter Samuel.

Very strong Spanish influence at Inter too, since Figo speaks fluent Spanish, he will be playing alongside Adriano, Recoba, Zanetti, Kily, Cambiasso, Veron, Cordoba, Ze Maria, Burdisso and Carini.

Last edited:
Or he can go to Man Utd where we've been wanting him too cuz Carlos Quieroz has been begging Fergie to buy him for over a year now.

He speaks English very fluently aswell so there wont be too much problem adapting plus we need him more than other teams.

Personally I think he should goto Celtic, we need him a bit more than Man U. :mrgreen:

FD

But its still very likely to be true. And Knh4 is right that we need him more. We desperately need a winger as good as Figo right now cuz we only have 2.

jamie_mack said:
Its all still just speculation, nothing on madrids website or sky about him being released!

It's real, I just noticed that Madrid said that Figo could talk to other clubs for his future from TV's new.

Sabac Red said:
Get in there Benitez...
Yeah, if anybody can convince Figo to join another team it's Benitez plus I heard that he's always wanted to play in the premiership

fd1972uk said:
Think he's a cert for the Prem, but for some daft reason I see him in a Serie A team shirt.

I'll say between Man Utd, Spurs, Lazio or Inter.

FD
Keep dreaming!

i gotta admit, the idea of a Liverpool midfield with Figo, Gerrard, Alonso, Garcia and Hamann and putting Riise at LB get's me turned on.

There were strong rumours of Figo joining Man Utd when he was still under contract. At one point, the newspapers said we'd offer Cristiano Ronaldo for him. Now that he's free, I dont think Fergie is gonna let him go anywhere else.

Man Utd need Figo more than anyone cuz we've missed a player like him since we lost Beckham.
Ruud has also missed the crosses that helped him score all his goals. If we get Figo, I'm sure we can get back to our scoring ways.

If anywone were to sign him I'd say Inter or United. If United sign him, I can only see him as a sub because I doubt Fergie will ever drop his beloved Giggs and Ronaldo. I can only see Figo as a secondary player since hes almost 33 and has been released on a free.

I not seeing Figo in ManU, Glazer with his ideias will go finish for destroying the ManUtd in little time. Isn't Liverpool interested in Figo too?

Figo can play in the center! And Fergie loves experienced players. I still see him playing high quality football till the WC 2006! And I bet that's when figo will retire.

Spitfire is right, we are all making asumptions based on Man Utd a few months back... We are not putting Glazer into the equation! Maybe he doesn't want figo! And figo's salary might drive him away! 5 million € per year around at RM!

Last edited:
You mean UNrealistic? ;)

Its true that you have to consider Glazer but I'm sure Glazer knows we need new players to succeed and he'd definately prefer a free winger than one that he has to pay for.

SPiTFiRE[NN] said:
I not seeing Figo in ManU, Glazer with his ideias will go finish for destroying the ManUtd in little time. Isn't Liverpool interested in Figo too?

je ne suis pas d'accord avec toi ...

thats the kind of pish i don't understand. glazer knows bugger all about football so he shouldn't have a say in who we go out and buy. although i am terribly disgusted over the takeover, i also don't see him "destroying us in little time"

-fb

Back
Top Bottom