Final Fantasy Advent Children

lostinstoke

Wolves Scum
16 January 2005
lost
Anybody been keeping an eye on this film's progress?

Have to say I wasn't to impressed with the last Final Fantasy film, but this one looks like it's going to be stunning. The models and texturing is just unreal. It also has the characters from Final Fantasy VII, the only one of the games I ever got into.

Official site (google translated)

Here's the official site, I think there's three trailers on there, and here's a link for one of them from a different site:

Trailer

Originally planned for release last summer apparently, but just kept getting put back. I'm glad I hadn't heard about it until now, surely it must get released sooner rather than later now.

My what a big sword you have.......
ss-005.jpg

It can be much worse than that shite they released a year or 2 ago, dear god that film was poor

CWright said:
It can be much worse than that shite they released a year or 2 ago, dear god that film was poor

I know mate, what a flop. This one might go straight to DVD just because of how crap the last one was. I'm sure it's going to be better than the last one, if only because it actually has some characters from Final Fantasy in it (gasp!)

I just want to see a full length film done totally in 3d graphics that really impresses me. I really wanted them to do Alien v Predator in CGI, I'd been waiting for that film since I was a little kid and what a fucking disappointment.

seeing how final fantasy 7 has got to be the best storyline of all ff games . Surely They can't Feck it up . Can't wait tbh :) . Late March - Early April said to be US release date . Just in time for easter . So looks promising

Can you point me to somewhere that confirms that mate? I've read that on a few places now but there is very little official information on it. I think there is a game coming out as well called the same thing and I don't know if they are talking about that. They haven't mentioned that on IMDB, they're talking as if it's coming out pretty soon.
Their arguements are crazy, they're like trekkies.

well i first heard of it comming out on psp only, check gamespot.com and go to the psps section, it says it their mate

Yeah that's cool, I've been on there and it does mention it coming out on the PSP. Movies coming out on the PSP are on UMD format, and there are a few titles being made available. It doesn't say anywhere that it will be exclusive to the PSP so I'm hoping it will at least get a DVD release as well. They will have spent too much money making it to only bring it out for the PSP I would have thought. Surely they would miss out on a huge market doing that.

releasing only for PSP, doesn't make sense. It surely will be released to DVD, but if they do release it only for DVD, piracy will rule lol.

It has popped up on pre-order for PSP already, but from what I have read it will also be coming out on DVD. I'd imagine it will come out on UMD for the PSP first to try and bump PSP sales, but they will be realeasing a DVD version aswell as a couple of FFVII spin off games.

yea it will most definetly come out on psp first cuz i alwayz thought it was just a exclusive movie just for the psp... anywaz for sure its on psp, but not sure if its ouyt on dvd, eitehr way im getting a psp so im not at lost :)

watching a movie on PSP is not my idea of an hour and half well spent!
suckx.

They already released a FFVII spinoff game... for a cell phone :s
And and game bout Vincent. not sure for what system thought! :\

A little update! :)
The website to the sequel for the greatest Final Fantasy Games is online

Square Enix announced yesterday that the website for the much anticipated movie, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, has gone live.

The site doesn't offer much just yet; all of the links are under construction. However, the website offers up the US trailer for the movie.

Directed by Tetsuya Nomura and Takeshi Nozue, the film continues the tale of Cloud Strife as he saves the world once again. The website gives a brief synopsis of the movie

"Two years have passed since the events of Final Fantasy VII. Though Midgar - city of mako, city of prosperity - has been reduced to ruins, its people slowly but steadily walk the road to reconstruction. However, a mysterious illness called geostigma torments them. With no cure in sight, it brings death to the afflicted, one after another, robbing the people of their fledgling hope. And so Cloud, who walked away from the life of a hero to live in solitude must step forward yet again.

A release date for the film is yet to be announced.

For all those that didn't know, this is NOT a game. This is solely a sequel to a game in film. The film will be coming out in DVD and PSP UMD formats only.

Its out :D . Looks Stunning ,Watched The first minute and the landscapes look Fecking Stunning ( Wonders if one of em tigers are red XIII ).

Shame I Can't understand Japanese , Just gotta wait for subs :(

Ended up watching a bit of it without subtitles , Gorgeous. The fight on the skyscrapers , Maybe a bit unbelievable , But God Its great, Even the small Touches as vincent reloads look superb.

Last edited by a moderator:
munkee subs are out already.

i didnt play ff7 only ffx. can someone tell me what happened in ff7, i know its summerised briefly at the beginning of the film but i'd rather read the whole story.

its out already?? ive been waiting for this movie since FF bombed

P.S there is a countdown on the official site (japanese) which says 1 day, 16 hours.. im guessing thats the release date??

just finished watching it.
i think you'd appreciate it alot more if you've played the game. there were times when a character would appear but i'd have no clue as to who they were until they were mentioned as a "friend".
the film has a lot of action which looks very good. the story is ok not great.
better than that other final fantasy film but by no means a classic film here.

After Watching it , Seem a bit underwhelmed :( . Everything Seemed way Over the Top , But Clouds limit Break was awesome :D

Loved The guys ringtone though

seems Final fantasy 7:Last order is a special on the dvd. i think its an animated version of the game 25mins. long, just waiting on the subs now:D

OTT is a bit of an understatement with this film but I highly recommend it to any FF7 fan - the action scenes are prolly the best I've seen in a long time...

But seriously, you'll be lost if you haven't played the game let alone finished it. The film is more like a overly dressed tribute to the game rather than a standalone movie - its pretty shocking how much they assume the intended audience has played, completed and understood the whole FF7 story. I haven't even touched the game since completing it when it came out back in the days and I had some major difficulty understanding it..

I really hope Squaresoft get their senses together and release a graphical update of FF7 as it was by far the best in the series. I'll definitely buy it...

Just watched FF7: Last Order - it has helped bring back some memories of the pretty complicated storyline and I really wanna undust and play the original again.

Problem is, (like many others here I bet) I won't be able to sacrifice another 30+ hours on it again this time round! :( - anyone know whether they made a cartoon/demonstration of the full original story?

FF7: Last Order..it start with Shin-ra members chasing the exiled-soldiers including Sephiroth, Cloud, Zack & etc... It ends with Zack pushes Cloud away from a sniper shot, if you did watch Advent Children, Cloud remembers part of it's memory of Zack... There might be 2nd part of the OVA, who knows?

There also a mini story on FFVII "On The Way to a Smile" up to 1-4, translation on 1-1 & 1-2 is on the site: http://www.adventchildren.net/ - http://ff.warcry.com/

Fansubs doing the advent children after the launch makes you think that it was quite illegal.. Japanese sure are angry about this now...

Watched this last night, was pretty good but definitely one for the fans of the original game than of general movies. The visuals are very impressive, there is so much detail at times it's hard to concentrate.

absolutely great. For one the considers FFVII the greatest RPG ever, me, it's always nice to see Cloud and Sephiroth back again.

I just wish they would do a remake of the game on the PS3. The tech demo at E3 really let me wishing for more. :(

EDIT: the ringtone was a great touch. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom