Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll (Evo-Web predictions right)

Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll

• Netherlands win

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Spain win

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll

Holland were my first pick before WC so i hope they win

Hup Hup Hup

Oranje!!!! Oranje!!!! voted best fans of the World Cup by large margin :BOP:

My heart says Holland but my head thinks Spain.

I think the Spanish will put too much pressure on a suspect Dutch defence. And I can see Van Bommel getting himself sent off trying to get a touch of the ball!

I think the Spanish will put too much pressure on a suspect Dutch defence. And I can see Van Bommel getting himself sent off trying to get a touch of the ball!
I think Spain will be carefull not to put too much pressure on the defence.
With Robben, van Persie and Kuyt upfront Spain will not risk a counter from us.
None of the teams ever won the World cup so I expect a nervy, cautious and tight game in which the luckiest team wins. Holland got some moments of luck during the tournament, so I go for 'my' Holland :)

Holland please. They definitely deserve a world cup. Hope you win it.

My feeling goes with Netherlands 3-1 Spain.

Time for the best team to never win a world cup to finally win one!!!

I can see that happening.

It would be a bitter irony if this rather dull Dutch team would finally win a World Cup.
Dutch football definitely deserves a World Cup win, but not this team.

Looking at the quality of the football, Spain should win.

Spain is going to have possession and Holland trying to win dangerous counters. More than ever, details will decide. Robben and Snejder are about to sign one of the most brilliant seasons ever.

I hinestly think it's all down to Spain pression in the opponent half. If we strangle their midfield we can put them under pression.

And please, Del Bosque put Pedro in the starting eleven, and put Cesc in the second half.

If spain plays like yesterday they have a good chance.
Holland did not play so well this tournament but is somehow difficult to beat. Spain struggled against Switzerland and Paraguay so who knows.
Difficult one to predict

That's the thing. When Holland plays well they never win the WC. This time they're approaching it in a different way and things are working out. Lets see if it wins them the WC ;)

Would like to add that this WC will present to us the First European team to win outside Europe.

EDIT: Watching a Johan Cruyff documentary, he said on the WC '74 final, "I think we played too confident and we missed such a lot of chances".

This statement should be passed on the Dutch team and make sure they don't repeat the same mistakes.

Last edited:

Pedro was brilliant yesterday (until he spoiled that big chance for a second goal, but that doesn't matter now).

sneijder performance this year in whole is amazing. For this love story to finish would be special .

Would like to add that this WC will present to us the First European team to win outside Europe.

EDIT: Watching a Johan Cruyff documentary, he said on the WC '74 final, "I think we played too confident and we missed such a lot of chances".

This statement should be passed on the Dutch team and make sure they don't repeat the same mistakes.

I agree but do not think this will be a problem. Holland will certainly not underestimate Spain. I think they did underestimate Russia on the previous European Cup. But then they played amazing in the first round.

This year is quite different.
I really hope both teams have the guts to play football, then we can see an amazing final

Looking at this one...I think Spain will win if they score first, while versus uruguay holland played better with one DMF when they subbed de zeuw and putted van der vaart, they looked more dangerous and against spain they should play only One MDF as they obviously anyway wont have any possesion and play that sweet dutch counter attacking football and they might have a chance.

tough Holland backline is very poor against team that play trough the middle so im really concern...

I'm interested in how Sergio Ramos will play in the final. He's going to need to be more disciplined defensively otherwise Holland could have some joy on the counter-attack when Ramos gets caught up-field on one of his marauding runs to join the attack. Robben vs Ramos could be interesting.

Yeah that's what I'm looking forward to most as well!

Ramos vs. Robben or possibly Kuyt since it seems they like to play Arjen on right so he can cut in on his left-foot and shoot.

Either way, Sergio isn't gonna be able to get as forward as he normally does and if he does, he has to be very careful. But he's quality and so is someone like Robben. So I'm really looking forward to those personal 1-on-1 battles all around the pitch as well as teamwork and movement and coaches tactics.

p.s. Is that you Cammey?

Yeah that's what I'm looking forward to most as well!

Ramos vs. Robben or possibly Kuyt since it seems they like to play Arjen on right so he can cut in on his left-foot and shoot.

Either way, Sergio isn't gonna be able to get as forward as he normally does and if he does, he has to be very careful. But he's quality and so is someone like Robben. So I'm really looking forward to those personal 1-on-1 battles all around the pitch as well as teamwork and movement and coaches tactics.

p.s. Is that you Cammey?

Yeah, it depends who plays where, but Robben is adept on either flank so maybe they should match him up with Ramos. Then again I don't rate Capdevila at left-back.

Cammeboy?! Was that your name before or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Capdevila has done pretty well so far though. He is Spain's weakest player on paper and not World-class like vast majority of their bench even! Spain could honestly win the World Cup with their bench players.

Reina, Mata, Silva, Navas, Torres, Fabregas, Albiol, it's ridiculous!!

But Capdevila has so far exceeded my expectations and played a very good tournament. He's made a couple HIGHLIGHT-worthy AMAZING blocks by throwing himself in front of the ball which I want to actually look for and find because they were absolutely beautiful and probably saved Spain from conceding those 2 goals. :WORSHIP:

Cammeboy?! Was that your name before or am I mistaking you for someone else?

No, I'm definitely not Cammey!:LOL:

Or not last time I checked, anyway. I don't know what's happened to Cammey, evo-web's resident untucked shirt fetishist.

Lol sorry for off-topic and the mistake. Nah I remember Cammeyboy from PESFan days and his 'appearances' thread. :P

Anyway, did you used to have any other name? Or were you always "Jamezinho"? is what I wanted to know.

Lol sorry for off-topic and the mistake. Nah I remember Cammeyboy from PESFan days and his 'appearances' thread. :P

Anyway, did you used to have any other name? Or were you always "Jamezinho"? is what I wanted to know.

Always been Jamezinho.:))

*back on topic*

Back
Top Bottom