Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll (Evo-Web predictions right)

Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll

• Netherlands win

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Spain win

Votes: 38 48.7%
  • Draw (120')

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Final - Netherlands vs Spain - poll

Howard Webb made the final

Had a good tournament but he really is a shit ref :) lol

He's been England's best representative at this tourney.

I'm waiting for him to screw up the final though in some way lol. :LOL:

p.s. Always wondered how much these supposedly TOP refs get paid! I mean for a match like this, Howard must surely make quite a bit!! It's not exactly a job most would want, is it? Lol pressure enormous, very little to gain and so much to lose and people will ALWAYS bitch about the ref! Both sets of fans! haha Even if he gets 90 decisions correct and 2 wrong, they'll bitch. I'm guessing they at least get paid well though.

Cammeboy?! Was that your name before or am I mistaking you for someone else?

Capdevila has done pretty well so far though. He is Spain's weakest player on paper and not World-class like vast majority of their bench even! Spain could honestly win the World Cup with their bench players.

Reina, Mata, Silva, Navas, Torres, Fabregas, Albiol, it's ridiculous!!

But Capdevila has so far exceeded my expectations and played a very good tournament. He's made a couple HIGHLIGHT-worthy AMAZING blocks by throwing himself in front of the ball which I want to actually look for and find because they were absolutely beautiful and probably saved Spain from conceding those 2 goals. :WORSHIP:

I always liked Capdevila, very under-appreciated recently in the La Liga as probably Villarreal had a sub-par last season. I was happy he got the nod for Spain as it was almost obvious as Spain are a little lacking at the Left back position. But I would assume they would go with Arbeloa at left back but I am happy he has got to shine in this World Cup.

Hope Spain wins. It represents nowadays the same romantism the Dutch had in the 70`s, so i must root for them. But i would not be surprised if Holland can pressure the Spanish up ahead in the pitch and have their way with this. All the teams who wait for Spain deep loose the game. I hope for the sake of the "show" that Holland can counter this tendency, but i also believe that Spain is somewhat to difficult to stop these days and the Dutch midfield and defence will have a rough time.

I think Spain will win just like against Germany,Paraguay,Portugal and all others,they will put Netherlands to sleep with hundred passes and score anytime you dont expect..But i hope i am wrong and Netherlands will be the world cup winner because Spain got euro cup earlier besides Barca/Real made Spanish people happy enough since alot of years,so now its time for Netherlands N.T win something, since their clubs teams won nothing and the whole nation will go crazy with the success of N.T..

Last edited:

I think it will be Spain, but I want Netherlands to win.

Paul take Spain :)

Dumb Paul this time you're going to be wrong!

I think he just likes red&yellow.

My heart says Netherlands, but my brain votes for Spain. Nevertheless, the winner will be the right team, both of them played a good and partly dominating football during this tournament, they deserve to be in the final.

I hope Paul is wrong, they should have made sushi out of him after he predicted Germany would lose.

Who am I to doubt the mighty Paul!
I going with Spain.. Dont really care who wins it.. i think its about time one of these too gets a WC.

Also, about the Refs PLF, the brazilian press said that all WC refrees got paied 50k dolars each for the hole WC, no matter how many games they would be part of.

Last edited:

50k... Not bad for a month's work , do they deduct 49k from the ones that are blind?

Also, about the Refs PLF, the brazilian press said that all WC refrees got paied 50k dolars each for the hole WC, no matter how many games they would be part of.

Really?!

So Howard Webb who has to officiate the final which has more pressure on it and the eyes of literally the WHOLE world doesn't get paid for the tourney a penny more than any of the other ones including the African ref (forgot which country he was from) that officiated USA vs. Slovenia!?! :LOL:

That's like all players of a team getting paid same $$$! Kinda weird but thanks for answer and the info.

$50k ain't bad either. I personally thought it'd be even more though. And surely lines-man don't get as much?!

Come on Holland, all the best for you, its very bad to loose 3 times a finale
oppps we did it 4 times ;)

I think the English saying is:
Three times lucky

Or the way we say it:
Drie keer is scheepsrecht
:)

You deserved it in Germany and Argentina. And overall Dutch football deserve to win a WC.
But this team does not deserve it.
They had a couple pf very lucky escâpes (against Brazil and also against Uruguay).
This is a weird WC.
Spain is playing Dutch football (kind of logical because Cruijff's influence with Barcelona).
Holland is playing like Germany, boring unattractive football, but somehow effective.

I love Dutch football, but now i hope Spain wins...

I cannot refuse to reply on your post, although I intended not to do so in the first place.
You deserved it in Germany and Argentina. And overall Dutch football deserve to win a WC.
But this team does not deserve it.
Why not? We got a 100% score in the qualifiers and a 100% score here at the WK. Only the great Brazil from 1970 did that too....
They had a couple pf very lucky escâpes (against Brazil and also against Uruguay).
Against Uruguay luck??!! We were never down, got a 3-1 lead and got a unlucky second goal against.
Against Brazil we should have been down 2-0 at half time but we were better in the second half. We even should have made 3-1 and 4-1 on the counter.

But my main problem is that you said we should not deserved it, after all those wins... we are 26 matches unbeaten, what more should we do?

Maybe you are a bit jealous on us ? ;)

Why would i be jealous on "us". "Us" is an abstract notion, IMO it is impossible to be jealous on something abstract. But if it makes you happy i will gladly concede that i'm jealous on "us".

Beside that.

It's pretty easy to pick out the negative things from my post and "forgetting" the positive ones where i said that overall Dutch football deserves to win a WC.
I remember you doing the same during Euro 2008.

Just be proud at what a litle country like Holland managed to do in fooball. Holland definitely is a very big country in football. Maybe you (and you personally, not "us") should learn to win with grace.

I wish Holland good luck for tonight, but as a football fan i hope Spain will win, just like i hoped that Holland would have won in 1974 and 1978 and when Ajax plays.

I am not English. I write it reasonably well ( I think ) but not very well.
Why do you emphasize on a small gramatical error? Is it because I hitted the nail on the head, which you wanted to camouflage? ;)
I can't remember what I wrote on Euro 2000.

Anyway, just because we played attractive football in the past without being succesfull, made us decide to try it the old German way. Who can blame us? :)
Maybe we can say that winning tonight would be the oeuvre-price for the way we played in the past ;)

Last edited:

I think both teams deserve it.

Holland are unbeaten in 25 matches! Haven't lost since 2008! Flawless record of 100%! IF this team doesn't deserve it, I don't know who does. So what if they're not playing as adventurous and as free-flowing Dutch football they have previously?!

van Marwijk has made a team of winners! Great teamwork. EFficiency and the results speak for themselves.

Spain , no need to talk about. Arguably best team in world and one of the best ever.

I'll be happy regardless of who wins and think both teams deserve it! If anything, neither have even shown fully what they're capable of yet they're in the final.

May the best team win and I think whoever does win this game (assuming hopefully there are no controversies or bad ref decisions) will have deserved to win the World Cup.

So on a sporting basis, I'm already 100% happy that THIS is our final. Two deserving great nations lifting the cup for 1st time and making history in more ways than one. :)

On a financial basis, I do want Spain to win and only by margin of 1 goal because that means another $1000 in the bank for me! :D

I want Holland to win , Spain played poor imo in this WC. I believe Paul's career is over after this match and he'll be a sad octopus :D

I am not English. I write it reasonably well ( I think ) but not very well.

Engels is evenmin mijn moedertaal.

I was not talking about a grammtical error.
"Us" does not exist. Nationalities are mere convention.
Why should one be jealous of a convention?

In my country there are (sadly) lots of people who really don't like Holland and Dutch people.
I get lots of stick because i genuinely like Dutch people and Holland. So if you say that i'm jealous, i feel a litle bit hurt.

But as a football fan i support the more attractive team.
If Holland wins this match: congratulations to them and they will have dserved it (i said thesame when Greece beat Portugal, although i preferred Portugal)

I already hate the ref. ;)

However, there have been quite some nasty tackles. I can't understand that the players keep doing brutal fouls after Webb has made clear very early on he's not shy to give away Yellows.

I already hate the ref. ;)

However, there have been quite some nasty tackles. I can't understand that the players keep doing brutal fouls after Webb has made clear very early on he's not shy to give away Yellows.

Although, he missed a red card.

I'd like to see these substitutions now:
Kuyt > Elia
Xavi > Fabregas

Half time.

Unacceptable that De Jong and Van Bommel can continue playing with that... And Snejder deserved a yellow at least for that dirty tackle to Busquets. I can't understand how Holland is allowed to play like that through all the tournament. Robben is class, though, and it's the only weapon Holland is finding. Now, if the ref finds his balls and sends off Van Bommel it will be easier for us...

First 10 minutes were great for Spain, but Holland leveled the match afterwards. Some good chances for both, but I think the ref should have been a little more strict with Holland midfield. Ramos and Puyol have well deserved cards and maybe Busquets or Xavi Alonso could have another one, but holland should be playing with 10 or 9 men already... at least that's how I see it.

De Jong should be out for second half he is lucky not to be sent off, Netherlands playing well so far, more set plays will open the Spain defense and make it easy to score.

Back
Top Bottom