First post - not surpisingly needs help (Swap Magic)

• Thread starter Terry Henry
  • Start date
T

Terry Henry

Hi all, I've always played the Pro Evolution Soccer games from way back on the SNES but decided I couldn't wait this time and went the import route. My PS2 isn't chipped so I picked up the new Swap Magic with a slide card but the game doesn't work?!? :(

I get an error message saying 'Not a valid PS2 disc' so just wondering if anyone's experienced the same thing or knows how to get it to work?? I'm planning to use that Fernando patch to patch it but I'd like to actually get the game to work before I start messing about with all that!

Thanks people!

All I can tell you is that it DOES work. I don't know where you're going wrong, but keep perservering because Swap Magic does boot WE10.

It worked! It worked! :shock: There is justice in the world after all :D

Thanks for the info by the way!

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause: :applause: \\:o/ :lmao: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D \\:o/

mancityheel said:
on another note, I think "Terry" is meant to be spelled "Thierry" :)

or even just 'Tel' ;)

I love this game :big grin: now I just need to try out that English patch cause Japanese is definitely not my strong suit :-s

While you're at it, make sure you try some other patches too.

Whole new world of stadiums, balls, boots.... ;)

Terry Henry said:
Hi all, I've always played the Pro Evolution Soccer games from way back on the SNES but decided I couldn't wait this time and went the import route.

.. You don't need to wait, didn't you realise it's released already? :P

In all fairness, I didn't actually buy this version as I honestly don't think it's worth it for the small amount of features they've added. I'll most likely be buying PES6 though, and definitely will if they get the network mode sorted.

Pull ya socks up, Konami.

Terry Henry said:
It worked! It worked! :shock: There is justice in the world after all :D

Thanks for the info by the way!

\\:o/ \\:o/ \\:o/

Hi,

I'm in the same position - can't wait for PES 6. Can you let me know how you got swap magic - from where and how hard it was to install? Do you have to have a 60 hertz TV as well

Cheers

I bought my Swap Magic disc from http://www.psxservices.co.uk and it was around £22 and came with a slide card. There was only a disc for playing DVD games with mine though and I was under the impression there should be a CD one as well but I emailed them yesterday about that so just waiting to hear back.

It was pretty easy to fix up - no instructions in the box but I downloaded a pdf from their site and it only took a couple of minutes.

Very quick delivery so I'd recommende them as even though I didn't recieve a disc to play CD games you get two slide cards in the box and these usually have to be bought seperately and they're like £5 or something.

And play-asia.com for the game!

Edit: My TV can display a 60hz NTSC picture by the way and I just use the s-video cable that comes with the PS2 as I haven't bought a scart lead yet and it works fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom