FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

dont bother JB you wont like it as is the case with most games :)

and you need to join us for a rainbow session, no wonder you dislike most games when you never play online

It's the online part of games I dislike, Coopz. If you could only progress through the career mode in Forza or whatever online then I would officially stop being a gamer. There's too many dickheads. If I play Forza I'm playing a racing game, not dodgems. If I'm playing FlatOut then I expect it. Just like if I play PES/FIFA I don't want to play Red Card Soccer.

Don't go thinking that I don't like "fun" games, I'm one of the few people on this forum (one of the few people alive) who has a Wii, and I'm also one of the few who absolutely LOVED Burnout Revenge. That was my favourite 360 game for a long time - I was even in the top 500 in the world at one stage! How do you like that?! But then, people found out that if you started a download on the PC while racing, the game would jerk for everyone else, meaning they all crash and you finish first.

That's why I'm rarely online any more. Just when you start getting into something, the wankers find a way to ruin it for you. I don't like the idea of putting in 40+ hours into the online element of a game to try and climb up the table, only to find that once you get past the top 500, everybody's a cheat and there will be no point in you ever playing it again.

I'm downloading the FlatOut demo as we speak, if it's a patch on Burnout Revenge I may invest in it. And yes, I will join you for Rainbow Six sometime, every time I see the E3 vids of Call Of Duty 4 I'm dying for a game.

Last edited:
In FlatOut or in games in general?

The games that are "meant" to be online I play online, don't get me wrong. Burnout was ten times better online.

EDIT: Just tried it, nope, don't like it. :eh: It tries too hard, for me, to be a realistic Burnout (i.e. you can't hit someone up the arse and carry on doing it, once you hit them your car starts to spin and you can't control it). I don't see the point in trying to add realism if the aim of your game is having fun, being awarded money for smashing up cities.

After playing Burnout that's much too slow for me to have fun with, sorry. I'll buy Burnout Revenge again if you guys do, but I'm not buying this. ;)

Last edited:
MIMO.

I agree with it trying to be Burnout with the street motors later, but its not too slow I dont think, try having a race in a Flatmobile, you will see what I mean.

If Revenge hadnt put traffic checking in, it would of been a great Burnout, but revenge was my least favourite of them all. Takedowns were great in 3, but traffic checking made it too stupid and not as much about twitch arcade gaming, you could just drive other cars off the road in even your Suzuki Swift you started with.

I agree on the traffic-checking shite, I remember ClassicD saying the same thing soon after it was released and I agreed with him then. But online it was just immense fun. I mean, all the crash events and stuff like that I couldn't give a toss about, but the actual racing I loved. It was great knowing that you could catch up even if you were miles behind because everyone is out to take eachother out, during which you can nip between them and take the lead.

I've had another go and it seems alright but there's just something about the handling and the speed of it that doesn't "click" with me. Will keep trying though, I love these kinds of games when they're done right.

I hate stuff like that, it's so frustrating and boring. I'd rather race somebody than see how much damage I can cause.

There was a "racing" game a few years ago, I forget what it was called, but you could win a race but finish last because you didn't do enough "damage" on the way. Stuff like that really pisses me off. I know that's not the same as a stunt-mode but I just don't see the point. It's all down to luck half the time, whether a bit of metal will catch enough of a blast to fall off a bridge and whether a car will pass beneath it at the right time. The less skill a game involves, the less fun I find it.

I hate stuff like that, it's so frustrating and boring. I'd rather race somebody than see how much damage I can cause.

There was a "racing" game a few years ago, I forget what it was called, but you could win a race but finish last because you didn't do enough "damage" on the way. Stuff like that really pisses me off. I know that's not the same as a stunt-mode but I just don't see the point. It's all down to luck half the time, whether a bit of metal will catch enough of a blast to fall off a bridge and whether a car will pass beneath it at the right time. The less skill a game involves, the less fun I find it.

Flatout does involve skill to win, its just a different kind of skill ;)

Good lad flawless we have another member to smash into oblivion

JB i am fighting a lost cause trying to get you to join us becuase if you dont like xbox live then i think there is something wrong going off in your head

Flatout is an awesome multiplayer game forget the single player demo multiplayer with mates is where its at, 1st or last i love racing on this because its not just boring driving taking the right line ect ect

anyway we now have Me, Cw, Jay, Flawless and Holio who have this and Rainbow

Jambo would make 6 and there a few others that have rainbow so we could have 8-10 people on that if they all turn up, all we need to do is get on at the same time

tonight is the night though, sunday is shit so we will all be at home :)

I didn't say I don't like Xbox Live, for God's sake, is there some disease spreading around this forum that affects members' ability to read? I've just explained that I was ranked over 500th at Burnout Revenge, for God's sake!! I just don't like this particular game (and any game that's full of cheats)!! Christ alive...

I will keep playing it, it is slowly growing on me, but for now I've rediscovered GTA San Andreas and I'm addicted...

Re: Microsoft Xbox 360

Has anyone played FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage ? Is it any good ? Also can you play multi player split screen on it ?

Has anyone played FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage ? Is it any good ? Also can you play multi player split screen on it ?

Me, Jay, Holio and CW has a good laugh with that online

That was an awesome game, great fun

You were the best at driving headlong into walls

I would get the game again after watching that

It was very very funny and we only had 4 of us so i bet more would be chaos :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom