FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
Anyone got this?

im loving this at the minute, all is it basically is racing and smashing each other up

the gfx, damage and objects that you can smash into are all brilliant and the game is rock solid, i am really struggling to win any kind of event. I cant even win the destruction derby

Im off Dirt now and am stuck on this

heres a few short reviews on the game

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/flatoutultimatecarnage?q=flatout

DJ, check your PMs. Don't worry mods, it's a peace offering, not a death threat or anything, I know what this looks like... *Flees the country*

Last edited:
Not really much of a peace offering to be honest but never mind.

Anyway BACK on topic. I like the look of this. But im guilty of getting too many games at once and not completing them.

It's a port with a few extra features. Xbox Live being the main one, from the looks of things.

I used to think that about some games but then thinking of the achievements/gamerscore makes me reconsider (I have to have a score higher than my nephew or I'll never live it down). I have well and truly entered the realm of the geek. As if I wasn't already there.

I have it had its a real blast,i think it starts out rather easy played in 2 cups on level 1 and won both first time although i have not completed the time trial stage yet or atempted the destruction derby yet. I prefer this to Burnout especialy the handling, although that may change after a few days weeks play as with these types of games it's how long can they maintain the i need another go syndrome.

Very good game, it's FUN, remember that? FUN, that's whats games should be, nothing to serious all the time just FUN!! And it's not a port it's a new game.

Yup, thats it Jay D, FUN FUN FUN, PROPER FUN, LIKE ARCADE FUN OF OLD, the just one more go mentality of it.

Had the first two on XB, we even had a few Evo Web nights on the first one, I love it, its a game, woot woot.

And it's not a port it's a new game.
If you type in "FlatOut 360 port" on Google you get various sites that say it's a port and that the best thing about it is Xbox Live. Apologies if I'm wrong but that's what I've read.

If you type in "FlatOut 360 port" on Google you get various sites that say it's a port and that the best thing about it is Xbox Live. Apologies if I'm wrong but that's what I've read.

I think your right i believe it's a port of flatout 2 with some extras attached, as i think it's IGN showed some screens of Flatout UC in a preview and they were the same as Flatout 2 on XboX but with better gfx, as they showed a comparison.If you havn't played No`2 though then its not a problem..

Fair enough I read it was a new game, but i never played no.2 so it's all new and good to me.

I played No 2 and didnt like it as much as No 1. Oh well looks like what me and APX hoped for hasnt happened.

ShopTo haven't half got a few good price-cuts going.

Shame they're all on absolutely shite games. :mryellow:

This looks good actually, and has gotton some good reviews so far.

@ the people who have it; how bad is the supposed poor physics bug? If you dont know what i mean here's a section from the eurogamer review:

However, when an annoying and altogether too regular quirk of the physics system forcibly sticks a rival car to the front of your bonnet, thus essentially halving your speed and removing any chance you had of winning a race, that's rather a lot more annoying.

From the comments page a few people were saying that it wasnt a bug but that it depends on your skill level when knocking opponents from the back/side to spin them.

Also is there any traffic in races? I know that what i really enjoyed in burnout was knocking opponents into other "regular" cars. Dont get the impression that its in flatout.

Does the desruction derby resemble anything like the destruction derby games on the ps1? Loved those

Destruction Derby on PSX1 was fantastic! I also liked number 2. I for one might give this game a try. Will be a break from the norm of Forza and DiRT

This looks good actually, and has gotton some good reviews so far.

@ the people who have it; how bad is the supposed poor physics bug? If you dont know what i mean here's a section from the eurogamer review:

From the comments page a few people were saying that it wasnt a bug but that it depends on your skill level when knocking opponents from the back/side to spin them.

Also is there any traffic in races? I know that what i really enjoyed in burnout was knocking opponents into other "regular" cars. Dont get the impression that its in flatout.

Does the desruction derby resemble anything like the destruction derby games on the ps1? Loved those

Yeah i have seen that a few times but its not a bug, like someone said it has to be mastered

its a PIT manoeuvre used by the police, i can see how its done wrong because if you are side by side the other car turns into you feeling like your stuck then he spins out leaving you driving with him sideways infront of you. I can do it easily now, i just leave space between me and the oppo then slam the side of his car just before his back wheel and they go flying.

you will see what i mean when you play it

Was playing forza earlier in the quattro comp and i just couldnt get ahead of the "overly high pi score" r4 audi. After trying a few races and restarting them my patience went i just crashed right into the back of him, both of us were so damaged that neither could continue. It felt great, and made me think i need this to balance out the serious concentrated racing thats needed in forza :D

Tonight, on Live, hopefully from 8.

Bump diddy Bump, now 24.99 on Play.........

Last edited:
jambo you will have to join me, jay, cw and holio online

5 evo-webbers would be great

Back
Top Bottom