FM 2006 Player, Staff & Tactics Thread

No, actually.
Maybe you are just having bad luck, cause I haven't heard of problems with injuries with this game.

Managed to buy 3 players for Man Utd: Leo Messi, Vanden Borre, Evandro Roncatto. :applause: \\:o/

finished 4th with newcastle, owen scored LOTS of goals, golden boot etc.

what do i do?

owen.jpg

i kept him.

you have to remember im newcastle.

first game of the new season, after another 34m plus duff transfer i turned down

i beat 3rd placed last season liverpool 4-2

OWEN HATTRICK

in your face people

With the money you could have 2 of equal abilities or better!
bad move, but hey you'r the coach. :)

My last buy for ManUtd was Perrota. ManUtd had only 1 DMF. :\ I could have bought Recoba instead, but the need for a DMF... :\

But having 5 subs only is hard. dammit...

EDIT: Fletcher rocks!
and I need help to make Rooney play better. He rarely scores a goal and never has 9 points. :\ Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm having a tought time with ManUtd... Ronaldo sucks, I made a huge mistake by signing Messi, cause the guy can never keep his shape. he has 1 in natural physical condition, or wtvr it is called in english. And i'm fresh out of cash!

I think i'm gonna sell Rooney, Smith is doing a better job. Maybe I can get 39M€ back! :mrgreen:

already tried goin for a 433 but nothing.
Smith is the only one who does a good job. RvN fails too many times in front of goal, although he as 20. :o
Like I said, later on when I play i'm gonna sell Rooney on january.

Rooney has scored 14 goals in 12 games for me. Ruud has scored 7 in 10 games. You'd be crazy to sell Rooney.

I spent more or less all of my money on Juninho and Mascherano. Juninho is brilliant. He takes my set pieces, gives service to the forwards and also scores some nice long range goals. Mascherano is decent but his stats are growing pretty fast. His training reports say he's making incredible progress.

No cash. I need a winger. And a decent striker that doesn't fail in front of goal. My strikers need 5 clear goal chances to score. :\
And a center midfield.
these are the positions i'm lacking.

on the wings giggs is great but he can't play 3 times a week, ronaldo sucks, and the others... oh well... I still have roncatto but prefer to save for for scholes place. Messi, huge mistake, is a dead weight on the team cause he his never on shape no matter how many times I play him. Overall his stats are fantastic but he as 1 in physical condition or wtvr.

I'm gonna try to trade Ronaldo for Downing. and sell Solksjaer and Saha. They never play anyway.

Last edited:
I'm playing as Spurs and Defoe decided that he wanted to move to a bigger club. I told him no and that he should stay and make Spurs a better club and help him achieve his ambitions. He hands in transfer request, I reject.

He becomes unhappy so I offer him to clubs for £23 million, to see if I can get that. What do you know, Chelsea come back and say they'll have him for £20 million. I accept.

They are currently offering him a contract. I'm in November, so he won't move till the January transfer window. In the meantime, I need to decide on a replacement. What do you guys think? Currently, Mido is my top goalscorer so I wouldn't mind making him a permanent player (he's on loan as I'm still in my first season). He's still young too. But that won't solve me having one striker less.

I've come across one guy, Ernesto Farias. Plays for River, he's Argentinian. He's 25, has 20 pace and acceleration, 17 dribbling, 18 finishing and 18 heading. Sounds good, but will he play well? Anyone had any experience with him? He's valued around £4 million, but my scouts tell me about £12 - 14 million to pry him away from River Plate.

Other than that, anyone know a very good striker under £15 million who will bang in goals every day of the week? I'm talking a striker that isn't valued around that much, but who is valued less and will actually sign for that much.

Cheers for the help guys and sorry for the longwinded situation

Pablo Vitti. Heading 18, Dribbling 18, Finishing 20, pace 19.... worth 190k from Rosario Central. Or Luca Toni from Fiorentina who in real life has 13 goals in 10 games in Serie A.

About 3 people on the FM2006 boards on GameFAQs have recommended Iaquinta. They all say he scores about 15 - 25 goals in as many starts. Anyone on here got any experience with him?

Apparently he costs about £15 million too, and he's handed in a transfer request on my game I think so it'd be perfect!

I won the EPL and the UEFA Cup with Manchester United.

A goal in the last minute by Rooney but I'm still not conviced this guy is as good as his reputation.

Everybody is trying to buy Rossi from me. It's a striker I want to keep in my team cause for a 19 year old, he played 6 matches and scored 5 goals, and was on loan half the season. Alan Smith was a good surprise so was fletcher, Obi Mikel and Richardson who cam in handy sometimes. I signed Reboca on a free transfer, and he looks like he's going to be in the starting eleven. so many 20's :D

So I need a defensive midfielder. But not too expensive, cause the board only gave me 6M for transfers. :\ And they ask me to reduce the pay roll. :s

Oh and Ronaldo improved ALOT! The guy was crap in that start of the season but he improved like hell. ie he had 14 in crosses, know he has 18! 8)

So a DMF would be a good advice. Keano isn't getting any younger, and I only have perrota to cover for him. :\

Back
Top Bottom