Football Clips & Pics!

hopefully they implement this in Fifa 2021, yellow card for doing consecutive skills
Ιt is similar to the mockery of the athleticism sportsman

Maybe Neymar told also something offensive to the referee, cause they seem to talk and after this, the referee makes the move to book him, he did not seem to want to book him from the beginning. Still not sure.

Now at general there is a rule against parodying the sport. In greek it is called "mockery of the sport", i do not know how is the official rule called in English. Despite this, it is rarely applied. I remember a game i saw years ago, between two African national teams, which it was 0-0 and both teams would qualify by draw, so from around 35' the one team was 11 men behind the midfield and the other team was changing passes between their GK and their two CBs, without anyone pressing them or trying to mark them, from the opponent team. IIRC the referee booked everyone on the field for "mockery of the sport", cause nobody was playing football.
An other example is this case with Verratti on the video below.

P.S.: interesting that both incidents happened in Ligue 1!

There are myriad tales about Fergie worth retelling. Unsurprising really given his personality, longevity and success.

Here's a letter he sent to two Aberdeen players who were caught throwing a ball from a hotel balcony in Spain (early 80s):

Temp.jpg

The guy was/is incredible. Met him a couple of times, as a kid and as an adult, and both times it was like I was his long-lost grandson.

I'm not a huge lover of the team, player, manager, stadium or fans in question, but those celebrations for Griffiths' second (around 0:50 in) - holy shit.

Three years ago today, kinda. Oh Stuart Armstrong, just clear the ball...

@Flipper the Priest And just about ending Joe Hart's career in the process!

Never rated him. He's done VERY well for himself.

I don't think England have had a reliable keeper since Seaman. And even he had the obligatory major tournament howler in 2002. I'd even argue that in the last 10 years Scotland - between Gordon, Marshall and McGregor - have been better off. Shame about every other position.

I don't think England have had a reliable keeper since Seaman. And even he had the obligatory major tournament howler in 2002. I'd even argue that in the last 10 years Scotland - between Gordon, Marshall and McGregor - have been better off. Shame about every other position.

Can't really argue with any of that. I always thought Marshall was an excellent keeper.

I was watching some past football videos today and i am missing Gabor Kiraly's tracksuit!! :)
kiraly-gabor-pants.jpg

Seeing stuff like this makes me realise how thankful I am for all the aggro, trolling and pettiness that goes on with players and managers in Scotland. England is sorely lacking in that department, and is all too squeaky clean. At Premier League level, I may observe - I'm ignorant to lower down the divisions.

This is basically a Basketball clip, but i think its context is universal for the modern world of sports.
Since i became a father, i see myself being a little bit softer emotianally-wise, but i think this moment would touch me even if i did not have kids.
A great response from a great player, and great coach i hope, Šarūnas Jasikevičius or just Saras against the madness of monetization of modern sports world.

Video contect, for the non-basketball fans of the forum: Saras is head coach of BC Zalgiris Kaunas, competing in the Lithuanian Basketball League. They are in the semi-finals of the Play-Off series, of the League Finals. He gives some free-days-off to one of his players, Augusto Lima, cause his wife is pregnant and close to give birth.

For the record Zalgiris won the semi finals in best-of-3-games and according to wikipedia they won the League Final in best-of-5-games.

A journalist in the press conferense , after the 3rd game in the semifinals, asks him about Augusto Lima absence in the middle of the series! His response in the following video.

I loved Saras as a player in his Panathinaikos BC years, now i love him also as a personality. I hope more 'personas' like him will appear in modern football, basketball and all modern sports, cause we need them. REALLY VERY STRONG MOMENT! Like a ray of light inside the general darkness.
Basically i feel like glad and blessed that i watched this video, even 3 years after it happened. :)

Last edited:

Never had any fan stuff like signature cards, photos or such... but one thing I owned, way back, was my amateur goalkeeper shirt signed by David Seaman. It read “safe hands”...! Boy was I a proud 21 year old german amateur keeper, when I wore it on Sundays. a Giant between the sticks!! :LOL:

A close friend of mine (still is) got this for me. So proud back then. Today it’s a story. I’m still thankful. :)

great Thread - Thanks !
i hope, you can include some amazing Vids from Germany Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga or Cup Matches Fights or CL Games with German Teams - Thanks !

when i was talking about my sunday league "carreer" before... man, this isnt it. we do play a bit better! not much... :LOL:
love the passion though! :TU:

This actually the team where I used to play! A few of my friends are still playing in the video in the orange team.

PS: I am in some pictures of the 30 years retrospective video. Hints: my favorite number is the 7 and I like my drinks to be served in trophies ;)

Last edited:
I have to say that Saturday is the most I've missed not being at a game since coronavirus kicked in. Away to Dundee United for the first time in four years, after they were relegated (again).

It's usually a great away day, the 'New Firm' derby at Tannadice. Just over an hour away on the road, good pubs. So we always bring down a sizeable support and, more often that not in the last 10 years or so, win.

Watching on my sofa on Saturday made me yearn for moments like this. Nothing, nothing beats watching a team that represents you, your family and your friends, and doing so in the flesh, with them. The modern game has robbed millions of people of that knowledge and I feel so sorry for them. And now Covid-19 has robbed us, too.

Saturday's game was a massively frustrating 0-0. But boy I would've loved to have been there.

What a day that was. :)

I have to say that Saturday is the most I've missed not being at a game since coronavirus kicked in. Away to Dundee United for the first time in four years, after they were relegated (again).

It's usually a great away day, the 'New Firm' derby at Tannadice. Just over an hour away on the road, good pubs. So we always bring down a sizeable support and, more often that not in the last 10 years or so, win.

Watching on my sofa on Saturday made me yearn for moments like this. Nothing, nothing beats watching a team that represents you, your family and your friends, and doing so in the flesh, with them. The modern game has robbed millions of people of that knowledge and I feel so sorry for them. And now Covid-19 has robbed us, too.

Saturday's game was a massively frustrating 0-0. But boy I would've loved to have been there.

That (and the game above was a prime example) is one of those moments when later on you think, that's why I go to football, the disappointments, the hard years, all worth it for those moments.

Further bittersweet emotion as I would've been standing right behind this Lewis Ferguson goal (at 00:23) last night. He's too good for this league. Coming to upper Championship/lower EPL sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom