Football for Hope

F

footieBalla

50 star footballers from around the world have been confirmed to participate in FIFA’s charity football match in aid of Tsunami relief, between the European’s led by Andrey Shevchenko and the World’s led by Ronaldinho.

The match will take place February 15th at Barcelona’s Nou Camp:
SoccerNet said:
Shevchenko XI

Coaches:
LIPPI Marcello - Italy, WENGER Arsene - Arsenal

Goalkeepers:
BUFFON Gianluigi - Juventus CASILLAS Iker - Real Madrid

Defenders:
KALADZE Kakhaber - AC Milan
KAREMBEU Christian - FC Servette
KOMPANY Vincent - Anderlecht
MALDINI Paolo - AC Milan
PUYOL Carles - FC Barcelona
STAM Jaap - AC Milan
THURAM Lilian - Juventus

Midfielders/ Attackers:
BAGGIO Roberto - Italy
BALLACK Michael - Bayern Munich
BECKHAM David - Real Madrid
DECO - Barcelona
DEL PIERO Alessandro - Juventus
GERRARD Steven - Liverpool
HENRY Thierry - Arsenal
NEDVED Pavel - Juventus
RAUL - Real Madrid
SEMAK Sergei - CSKA Moscow
SHEVCHENKO Andrei - AC Milan
TOTTI Francesco - Roma
VIEIRA Patrick - Arsenal
VOGEL Johann - PSV Eindhoven
ZIDANE Zinedine - Real Madrid

Ronaldinho XI

Coaches:
PARREIRA Carlos Alberto - Brazil
RIJKAARD Frank - Barcelona

Goalkeepers:
DIDA - AC Milan
KAMENI Idriss - Espanyol

Defenders:
CAFU - AC Milan
CORDOBA Ivan - Inter Milan
CRIS - Lyon
HEINZE Gabriel - Manchester United
JAIDI Radhi - Bolton
KUFFOUR Samuel - Bayern Munich
LUCIO - Bayern Munich
MARQUEZ ALVAREZ Rafael - Barcelona
RADEBE Lucas - Leeds
ZANETTI Javier - Inter Milan

Midfielders/ Attackers:
ADRIANO - Inter Milan
BUCKLEY Delron - Arminia Bielefeld
CAMBIASSO Esteban - Inter Milan
CHA Doo-Ri - Eintracht Frankfurt
DROGBA Didier - Chelsea
EMERTON Brett - Blackburn
ESSIEN Michael - Lyon
ETO'O Samuel - Barcelona
JUNINHO - Lyon
KAKA - AC Milan
LI Tie - Everton
MAHDAVIKIA Mehdi - Hamburg
MARTINS Obafemi - Inter Milan
NAKATA Hidetoshi - Fiorentina
RONALDO - Real Madrid
RONALDINHO - Barcelona

NB roberto baggio was the only retiree to be invited to play

-fb

Last edited by a moderator:
Some pretty good players their! Should be good fun for a good cause, I watched the Zidane vs Ronaldo charity match, and it was pretty entertaining

yea for sure. but just one question, who makes up the rostsers for these sides? i mean, li tie? he hasnt played a game this year for everton. brett emerton? vincent kompany? all these are pretty ambiguous footballers, where did they draw their names from?

-fb

Probably just making up numbers, because there are some great players on the list. Any chance to watch Ronaldinho is a treat.

if you ask me....i think who ever made roni's team is smart ...

the other team has so many stars and could have problems building up plays while the other team if u ask me the play will focus on ronaldinho ronaldo kaka eto ....perhaps adriano ;)

It's great that these players are turning out for the game, however why not have involved some International players from the countries actually affected?

FD

yea, hopefully it will be broadcasted all over the world

-fb

probably the same reason why players like li tie are playing, like danwin says, by random choice

manchester united have a derby game against city on the 13th so i wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't make it anyhow. as well nesta and milan visit reggina on the very same day, 13th. if that helps out any

-fb

I think they've picked these players to get maximum revenue. By having Li Tie they will persuade the Chinese audience to watch, just basically trying to get as much money and viewers as possible from each country by involving players from the respected countries.

then german national team just played against a Bundesliga allstar team, the game ended 2-2. About four million euros go to the tsunami victims.

any help to diminish the disaster is welcome.

Most likely there are no more stars cause simpl either their coaches didn't alowed them or they were in risk of injury!

but always a treat watching ronaldo and adriano! :D

Metallica said:
The match is on ITV2 in the UK

I was about to post that but you beat me to it. Should be an interesting game, usually lots of goals whenever this type of match happens

I'm not sure that i will watch..no matter how much great players participate...it just isn't the real thing...
Of course it's a great initiative...

Jaidi is in? How the hell did Ronnie picked his players? hahaha...hes pretty decent though...this match is Europe vs World AllStars in disguise dont yall think?

Last edited:
phrase, i dont think its in disguisem, bro. . i think they intentionally marketed it that way.

Damarcus beasley (USA and PSV Eindhoven) is supposed to play according to reports on the US team's website.

YANKS - the game is live on ESPN2 right now. peace

Back
Top Bottom