Football Kingdom [PS2]

It looks better than it actually plays

That's the truth everyone should know before jumping into game because of videos. I uploaded this Football Kingdom video more than a month ago, it's my most well received football game video for some reason. I think it's not really special but there are some things I like to watch. Young Cristiano Ronaldo being extremely fast, David Beckham having player ID that makes unique FK, CK animation and goalkeeper diving saves.

My goal is to release several OFs in the process of translation, and I will divide it in various versions:

1.0: Translate all 2002 World Cup teams and correct kits/unlicensed names if needed.
1.01: Translate 13 extra teams qualified for the 2006 World Cup and correct kits/unlicensed names if needed.
1.1: Translate and correct kits/unlicensed names of the rest of the North and South American, African and Asian teams and New Zealand in order to play all continental cups properly.
1.2: Translate and correct kits/unlicensed names of the rest of the teams.

Let me get clear that by "teams" I only mean translating the players, since NT names cannot be change (anyway, you can guide yourself with the flags).
already done that in 2020 while we all were in the damn pandemic lol :)

This game is a hidden gem. Today I tried it for the first time, using a PS2 emulator. The level of responsiveness and the action it has is amazing. It's a fun game to play. I can ensure you that I enjoyed more playing Football Kingdom than eFootball 2023. Its really worth trying it.

1677264325548.png

Guys I'm about to try an .iso that I found called "Football Kingdom: Trial Edition (J+English Patched)" found here.

Do you guys know if this "Trial Edition" is the same game and has the same features as the original? Getting pretty excited at this brand-new (for me at least lol) game! :TU:

View attachment 204450

Guys I'm about to try an .iso that I found called "Football Kingdom: Trial Edition (J+English Patched)" found here.

Do you guys know if this "Trial Edition" is the same game and has the same features as the original? Getting pretty excited at this brand-new (for me at least lol) game! :TU:

I played that exact same version. It only has national teams.
I don't know if there's a full version somewhere else

lol you guys gotta read above . The iso floating around patched is based on my v0.004.

here is just a preview of what i've done in the pandemic. Btw graphic glitches is because of the pcsx2 drivers.

sorry for the long match lol. I scrolled through the menus in thelas minutes. Also team, hidden and available are translated and also the players. Only Hong Kong team is kinda missing

lol you guys gotta read above . The iso floating around patched is based on my v0.004.

here is just a preview of what i've done in the pandemic. Btw graphic glitches is because of the pcsx2 drivers.

sorry for the long match lol. I scrolled through the menus in thelas minutes. Also team, hidden and available are translated and also the players. Only Hong Kong team is kinda missing

IIRC you were searching for real players of Bhutan. Did you find them?

IIRC you were searching for real players of Bhutan. Did you find them?
gonna check cause i think i got that. But aside maybe those two everything about teams and players is done. I played the game to get Argentina 86 so i could do the video :) sadly pcsx still have some glitches and could not do a video on later versions that runs faster so even if you see the video going smoothly it was like slowmo for me playing

gonna check cause i think i got that. But aside maybe those two everything about teams and players is done. I played the game to get Argentina 86 so i could do the video :) sadly pcsx still have some glitches and could not do a video on later versions that runs faster so even if you see the video going smoothly it was like slowmo for me playing
How is the progress going on your updated patch Fernando?

Hello old friend (Football Kingdom)
I actually released the first DVD version English patched back in the day. The original CD version had issues running on the PS2 so I converted it to DVD and patched it (in a time where this wasn’t such an easy process) So if you find the patched DVD version of this game it’s likely that it’s a copy…. of my copy 😁
Anyway thought I’d share that lol

i wasn't even born yet ! i played it not too long ago. it's a game with a lot of potential. sucks that there's nothing else after the Trial Edition.

I wonder why they just stopped after 1 game? Maybe they thought PES was just too far ahead of it because the sales weren’t completely terrible in Japan. I think to this day the game still provides the most satisfying net bulge (not an innuendo) there’s been in a football game and once you get the hang of the game you can create plays with complete freedom of where you want the ball to go. If you play it on the farthest zoomed out camera it still looks good too. As far as I’m aware there wasn’t any sort of scripting in the game. At least it never felt like it.
There’s been a gap in market for a football game with an established well known developer for a few years now. I wish Namco would have another go at it. They would need some licences though to sell it in Europe. Either that or some genius independent programmer can build upon it. I think I’ll DM the guy who did the PES framework to see if he’s feeling like a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom