Football Kingdom [PS2]

having just watched the 6.53 minute highlight vid, my god that game looked fun. and i can see what everyone meant about the nets now..

Sorry but to me this game is like the old FIFA's - you see the video and think "wow", you play the game and think "well that's crap".

Don't you guys remember as soon as it came out, loads of people said "well it's good but it's no WE"? I wouldn't waste my money if I were you, but it's your money...!

I don't know...

After playing a ton of last gen soccer and now next gen stuff the game looks even better, albeit fast

Tbh, I have played it and it wasn't fantastic - however there were some aspects of it you thought "why don't they put that in the next WE/PES?".

^ I could say that about other games too. Some of the old ISS games had some nice touches in them (developed by another team in Konami) but these never appeared in PES...

Dj

As a whole though the game is old school and innovative while remaing similiar to WE.

I`ll be damned if this game doesnt look better and more lifelike than PES 6..

SEE?! after watching those youtube vids and then watching pes6 or whatevr vids there s avery big gap in quality

I have the game and its superb.
Winning Eleven has advantages for player graphics,
and stadium (croud, modelling of the stadium) graphichs.
But fooball kingdom has great goal nets, and the grass is really colorful.

About game play,
in WE the player has weight, which means its real.
On the other hand Football Kingdom doesnt have much weight.
So if your running to the left and want to turn 180 degrees (right),
you can turn rightaway.

The most best part of Football Kingdom is the A.I.
Namco even regestered patent (?) for the A.I for their game, Football Kingdom.
Especially the offensive parts of the A.I is superb in this game.
Far more better then Winning Eleven.
I bought this game when this came out and have playing it since.
(And also play WE series of course :) )
If you can get your hands on this game,
you definitely should check out the A.I.
Look at how the CPU players in your team move, compared to Winning Eleven.

The players in Football Kingdom, look at how they run into the space, because it looks real.
Winning Eleven, sometimes they do this too but mostly you need to press
L1+X and make them run foward you cant see much "inteligent running into space" movements.

I would be glad to post some videos I found of Football Kingdom,
if you could show me where to up them. (with out signing up and stuff.)

Last edited:
But what does it play like?

If its reasonable ill have to hunt high and low for a copy myself :)

Dj

i also have this game and it is very good, beats uefa champions league and anything fifa hands down, ive said it before and ill say it again, what people see in fifa and uefa is a mystery to me, absolute crap, pes6 on 360 is not i expected it to be but its the best game there is out at the moment, football kingdom is an awesome game, watching those vids im very tempted to get the ps2 out again, jack u gotta let go of this fifa and uefa thing u have going, its getting boring dude

I said that the FIFA videos look great and the FIFA games play crap, isn't that what you want me to say?!

It's sad when people don't actually read what you write...

But what does it play like?

If its reasonable ill have to hunt high and low for a copy myself :)

Dj

If you going to look for it, a second hand shop might be good.
I bought it at a second hand game shop for 500Yen, which would be about 5 dollars.

I found it at Play Asia.
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-45-77-u-49-jp-15-Fooball+Kingdom-70-41u-43-99.html
Its not second hand so its a little bit expensive though. And it will only work on Asian consoles.
I'm not sure if it will work with SM.

Last edited:
it looks realy good, although i'm not much of a ps2 user:( is it not avalible for pc?

I watched these videos and i have to say im impressed, good looking game, a bit arcady thoe (i know it suppposed to be)

Back
Top Bottom