Football Kingdom [PS2]

Love Football, (only available on jap for xbox360), is kind of Namco's follow up game, played from the Libero Grande 1st person perspective, and believe me, it is very intelligent too, but as usual with these 1st person games however, its not easy to play as its easy to get disorientated.....the cpu ai is awesome.

Pity it will probably never be released in UK or USA so i can read the damn menu screens!!

I would prefer it if it wasnt Libero Grande style.... I can never get to grips with games like that where you control just 1 player.

Dj

I would prefer it if it wasnt Libero Grande style.... I can never get to grips with games like that where you control just 1 player.

Dj

"Love Football"
http://namco-ch.net/love_football/index.php

The game is from Namco, same developer as Football Kingdom as you might know.
Its for the X Box360 and I think this is a first-person-view soccer game.
Some games are region free for the XBox360 so this game might be too,
but I'M NOT SURE.

Some screenshots here.
http://namco-ch.net/love_football/system/index.php
http://namco-ch.net/love_football/mode/index.php
http://namco-ch.net/love_football/product/index.php

I dont know if the same A.I technology has been implemented in this game,
since I havent played this game yet.

BTW, I think you might already know but
you can also play as only 1 player in Winning Eleven too :)
I think you can do this in the Control Settings. Not the Button Configuration.

------Edited--------
Went to Youtube and found a gameplay video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPVSTjq_OQw

BTW, about Football Kingdom,
the game didnt do good here in Japan, since the Winning Eleven series was already a "Standard Soccer Game" here.
So I think thats the reason why it wasn't imported to foreign countries and no sequels in schedule.
But I think this game should of done alot better, because it really has potential.
It was just the timing of putting it in the market....
If Namco released this game at the same time as Winning Eleven 5 (the first WE series for PS2),
I think they would of done alot better (sales perspective).

Last edited:
heh too bad that LF is FPS, I think they might loose money because of that. I sometimes play with only 1 player in PES but it gets boring pretty fast, so...

The graphics look really good. They look better than the screens for PES2008. I wish it wasn't only 1 player. Also is it FPS as in you look through the guys eyes or you can play as only one player?

NM, just watched the youtube video the game looks top-notch graphically. It's a shame it is not 11 players instead of 1. Really could have used an alternative to PES.

Last edited:
Football Kingdom!!! [2007 Revisit]

Man, anyone still remember this game? Guess what I'm playing right? :) Yep. Just popped this sucker in for the first time in years and man, am I enjoying myself.

Next to Tecmo World Cup (Arcade, Neo-Geo), this is the best Arcade soccer game. This game belongs in the arcades.

Pros:
+ arcade feel
+ PK system
+ fantastic net physics
+ great ball physics
+ some of the best stadiums and textures in a football game last gen
+ the innovative free-passing system. in my opinion a feature that could have been the selling point of the series.

Cons:
+ ??game difficulty??
+ team selection
+ horrible player models
+ some whack animations
+ gameplay modes

Man, to bad the modern crowd don't appreciate games like this. Only the people like me who spend hours and hours in the arcade playing Tecmo World Cup will appreciate this game.

I will be posting a gameplay video on YouTube later for all interested.

Anyone have the latest translation patch for this?

Happy gaming.

Last edited:
Re: Football Kingdom!!! [2007 Revisit]

I loved this game Jumbo

I just wish that it was playable on the ps3 and that i could find another copy of it...

Hahaha man my little brother just said that this game is way more fun than WE. The shooting is way better and you score different goals every time thanks to the amazing physics.

One of the most underrated games for sure.

If Namco could have got a next-gen sequel out on PS3 before Pro Evo/WE they could have been in the money. Hopefully we will see a sequel at some point and not just another Love Football first person game.

The graphics look really good. They look better than the screens for PES2008. I wish it wasn't only 1 player. Also is it FPS as in you look through the guys eyes or you can play as only one player?

NM, just watched the youtube video the game looks top-notch graphically. It's a shame it is not 11 players instead of 1. Really could have used an alternative to PES.

it IS two player!

is there any chance to get this game??? tried to search 4 it but nothing, absolutely nothing

play-asia sold out

if anybody has anything, pls send a pm ... thx

Last edited by a moderator:

Hahaha man my little brother just said that this game is way more fun than WE. The shooting is way better and you score different goals every time thanks to the amazing physics.

One of the most underrated games for sure.

100% agreed. This game is so fun and if it was that little bit harder it would be a pes beater fo sho.

Infact, does anyone know if there is like a list of buttons for this game, because I seem to remember from the last time I played it, there was a shit load of tricks as well!!

Played 4 games of this tonight, First game on medium France v England, I won 2-1.

Last 3 games Ive lost, the latest being a 4-0 defeat to Italy - Vieri is a monster.

Quality games, will upload some vids of some things I was amazed at in a bit. One thing I must say is that I have not once been frustrated with the games inability to do as I tell it.

I have actually sighed because I MYSELF have messed a pass up.
When you can pull off first time pass and moves on this game you can actually feel the buzz because it looks great and its YOU controlling it.

Quality game

Has anyone an idea how to find this game??? its sold out in every shop i know!!!

So if anyone knows how to find it PM me!!

Thanks

Just remembered I still have this game from when I had a Chipped PS2.
Gameplay wise I seem to remember it was a bit of a disappointment and soon went back to WE series.Sadly none will now play on my US PS3.

yeah guys.... anyone go a copy for sale pm me please

or any online places got this game for sale

i gotta say i can do a footy game other than pro....

cheers

HI everyone

Personally, I love Football Kingdom, after years playing PES-WE series, I think no one gives the sensations of playing a real game the way this game does.

Surprise: I was playing an Argentina-England match. Won 1-0 and it got Argentina 86 team unlocked. Incredible! This game has classic teams. But I don't know how to unlock every one of them (there are 10). This is my sunday morning experience:

Brazil-Italy: You get Brazil 94
Italy-Brazil: You get Italiy 94
Argentina-England: You get Argentina 86

PD: You have to win with no extra time

France-Germany: Nothing
England-Argentina: Nothing
Germany-England: Nothing
Germany-Brazil: Nothing
Germany-Italy: Nothing

I don't know how to unlock the rest. Any help welcomed

Enjoy!

Back