Football Kingdom Sequel Petition

We need to change this petition to demand 2k sports make a "soccer" game.

if its anything like nba 2k10 then we are going to be playing an amazing soccer game

I have played FIFA 09 nearly every day since release Rob, I know that it's not perfect but I think you're being incredibly harsh - no other game I've ever played has had me playing it so often since the good old days of SWOS and Championship Manager.

I agree that it has frustrations but no game is perfect and I'm the first to admit I expect the AI to be a lot more intelligent than is possible at this moment in time. My major issue with 09 was the response times and now that I can actually beat a man I am ecstatic.

That said, competition can only help all the games get better, so I hope (and I actually predict) there will be some competition next year, or the year after at the latest.

The only fun I got out of FIFA 09 was with Clubs - it's the mode where there's the least AI input so that's probably why...

Online against random people was shite because of assisted controls and the extreme effectiveness of closing down, offline against the AI was shite because of the awful AI and rubbish game modes... That's before I mention that 90% of goals are one-on-ones (even on manual), every shot being weak and floaty, most long balls being too floaty, long shots are next to impossible, players falling over all the time, the only difference between any team below the 3 stars being kits and names, online glitches not getting patched, the "lock-on" thing for aerial battles, AI teammates always sticking to their little patch on the pitch, staying next to defenders and not trying to make space for themselves, every player playing the same apart from pace/strength/shot power...

I could go on, loads of stuff stopped FIFA 09 being an enjoyable game for me, I felt like I was playing it for the sake of playing a football game because I had done for so many years previously, not because I actually wanted to play the game...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well all of that wasn't apparent from day one of FIFA 09 and by the time it's took us to moan about it (properly, i.e. not playing the game any more because of it) the new one is around the corner. That's a record for me with a FIFA game.

And thankfully all of that has been fixed for FIFA 10 in my experience, bar the CPU seemingly not wanting to shoot in the builds we played, and player individuality not being quite as noticeable as it is in PES (although it's worth noting that the Official PlayStation Magazine guys have played it for longer than I have and they seem to think individuality is decent - see the scans if you can find them). And the "aerial lock-on thing" which is news to me.

I know its slightly off topic but does anyone have the last translation patch for Football Kingdom by Fernando? I have 0.003 but I remember there being atleast one more after that release.

This game was shit and the proof is that the only good thing anyone has to say about it is the nets and thats been a pain in the arse on these forums.
Sorry for my honesty lol

Last edited:
I don't think it was shit. It perhaps wasn't as good as PES was at that time, but it was a reasonable alternative for those times when I got sick of PES. There was certainly a degree of fun and some "wow" moments. Did it not have manual passing, too?

As a first stab, it was a decent game. If they'd kept developing it during the subsequent 5 years, it would surely have become much better (unless it followed the PES development path). It's perfectly conceivable it could have been developed to the point where it took the crown as best footy game. FIFA managed that, and think how bad it was in 2004.

I'd love to think that one day soon, they'll announce FK2. I would most certainly be eager to see what they come up with.

It still baffles me that they didn't release it world-wide, and then decided to shelve it after version 1.

Well it had 360 movement back then and Konami and EA have only just implemented it in their games just now. If FK had continued to develop every year, it actually might have been the better game by now.

F***k nets, yes they are great and some animations but if gameplay is bad who would play it, from all seen it may be interesting playing a week or two. Just look at defense it's horible.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually proper 360 movement..

Sarcastic?

It actually has way better implementation of 360 movement than PES 2010. Also the fully manual through balls and high passes are great. Powerful shots and headers... Overall the game is rubbish but it has pieces that are so much better than the other two games. The camera movement for one shits all over PES and FIFA.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't actually proper 360 movement..

Have you even played it? Its has the most obvious 360 movement in any football game. Unlike FIFA and PES where you have to look under a microscope to see it.

Back
Top Bottom