Football Manager 2008

Exactly why I stopped playing PES and exactly why I have stopped playing FM as well, which is a shame. I'm not going to download tactics etc. just to make the game work as it should.

CB
did u see less of this annoying ramdomness in FMlive beta???
i really hope u did, since thats where FM09 will be based...

This game is so frustating i could actually throw my computer through the windoew....

My biggest issue though, is that i keep wanting to play more?!!!?!? WTF!

i spend all day think of a new tatic or something to crack this game, its just impossible atm with the players i have..which is actually stupid, i should be able to get a 7 ou 8th EPL place confartably(im no genious, but i try to play the way everton plays in real life).

Actually the final standings arent the main problem for me, its the way u get there that annoys the hell out of me...

threr are times when youre doing a great job, 10 games without loosing, that it starts; i know that the unbeaten streak has to end someday, but the problem is that than your team just forgets how to score, i keep playing well, 15+ shoots a game , but i just cant SCORE...wTF!!

I beg FM to make me play bad at least..i wont be bother to loose if my team isnt performing well..but when u dominate 8 games in row and loose/ draw all of them with the computer having 3 shots 2 gols per game u start loosing your mind with this game, and totally discrediting it, which ruins FM since its a 100% SIM game...if its not to sim real life FM is totally worthless.

FML was quite strange, I started off doing very well, then when I was promoted (and I had quite a bit of money, I brought in some really good players), I couldn't win a game - against a lot of teams that were equal.

It was definitely a better engine than FM2008 though, and like I've said I would have stuck with it, if you could play as real clubs.

FML was quite strange, I started off doing very well, then when I was promoted (and I had quite a bit of money, I brought in some really good players), I couldn't win a game - against a lot of teams that were equal.

It was definitely a better engine than FM2008 though, and like I've said I would have stuck with it, if you could play as real clubs.

thats great to hear...i hope they improved from that too.

Right after spending the last 2 days reading through tactic articles, i've built a new one completely from scratch. Started a new spurs game and im gonna give it a a go.

Well I have finished my first season with Fulham. And I was relegated. Finished 19th, 3 points back. I made a little run at the end of the season with 3 wins in a row but it was too little too late. Oh well. Guess I have to work my way back up.

How did you not get sacked? :SS

Still in my Spurs game, but it's all gone to shit in the 2nd season. Doing poorly in the league, and can't win a fucking UEFA Cup group game to save my life. Lost all 4 last season, and have lost the only 1 I've played so far this season. It's weird. I've got a new formation now too, a 4-3-2-1 if you like, with 3 CMs, which I wanted for a bit more solidity and to stop myself being countered by opposition. I think I made too many big signings in the summer :((. Taking them too long to gel together and it's costing me big time.

Oh well, my next 3 matches are:

Man Utd (Premiership)
Bayern Munich (UEFA Cup)
Chelsea (Premiership)

Someone get the vaseline... :CRY:

Last edited:
Tottenham 1-2 Bayern Munich

I am winning after a 73rd minute goal, then they equalise in the 90th, and score a winner in the 93rd.

FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!

I have started a new game with a mate

Inter and AC Milan

7 games in i aint lost a game and he's only lost 1

How did you not get sacked? :SS

Still in my Spurs game, but it's all gone to shit in the 2nd season. Doing poorly in the league, and can't win a fucking UEFA Cup group game to save my life. Lost all 4 last season, and have lost the only 1 I've played so far this season. It's weird. I've got a new formation now too, a 4-3-2-1 if you like, with 3 CMs, which I wanted for a bit more solidity and to stop myself being countered by opposition. I think I made too many big signings in the summer :((. Taking them too long to gel together and it's costing me big time.

Oh well, my next 3 matches are:

Man Utd (Premiership)
Bayern Munich (UEFA Cup)
Chelsea (Premiership)

Someone get the vaseline... :CRY:

The board only wanted me to avoid relegation and the media picked me to get relegated. I made it to the 5th round of the FA Cup and the quarterfinals in the Carling Cup. I'm just trying to hold on to my players so I can try to go right back up this season. So far no one has left. But Jimmy Bullard has just hinted at leaving.

One thing that really grates with me, is that if you are winning, the last 10 mins plus injury time are PACKED full of highlights, it's basically all highlights.

If you're losing, there are usually no highlights at all in the last 10 mins plus injury time.

Blatant CPU cheating.

True about the highlights in the last 10 minutes. I have hit a rough patch. After being in first place 10 games in I'm starting to lose and draw now. However I actually beat Manu for the first time ever. I beat them in the Carling Cup. YAY!

10pool.jpg

10manutd.jpg

10chelski.jpg

OK, I have a rough patch during the middle of the season, where I was down to 17th in the Premiership, players were losing confidence etc. But I've now turned it around and won 9 of the last 11 matches, including those 3 above. Now the board are saying they are unlikely to offer me a new contract at the end of the season!? :CRY:

4th season in...im blackburn my mate is liverpool... Started at home to Utd and comfortably beat them 2-0 :)

He has lost the league TWICE on goal differnce. This season he has brought in Kaka for £69m and is hoping to win the league...only to find im ahead of him 9 games in :D

league.jpg

My team

bburnteam.jpg

His team

lfcteam.jpg

I don't have one on the bench either. I am starting to string together some wins and in mid December I am at the top of the table once again. I really want to finish first so I can avoid the playoffs.

I hate this game, I can't stand the way it sort of turns against you after a good season or two, usually the first season I spend building the squad up and keeping spending low, then the second season I go all out for promotion (as Coventry).

If I get promoted, I usually scour the game for the best defenders and keeper I can get, because if you don't concede you can't lose, and then I usually get a few free/cheap players to strengthen attack.
It normally works, and most times I can get enough points to stay up.

Then no matter what I do the following season, I am always in or around the relegation places and it pisses me right off. I try any lineup, any tactic, anything, yet my team just cannot score or defend for shit.

They better sort that shit for 09 or it will be just as shit, 3D match engine or not.

Back
Top Bottom