Football Manager 2020

hi. i've never played an fm game online but i'm just curious.

do servers switch off? so e.g. if I get fm 20 am I expecting online functionality to close in x years much like pes and fifa?

also i think i looked in the past but I believe offline lan play is not possible?

i think maybe you can play on one pc- with each player takig turns to control their team - last time I did that was champ manager 2.

thanks

MAY UPDATE:-

New Kits:- (Over 250mb)
Quite a big update to the kits this month.
International 2D kits for most nations for the first time, and a few updates for club team 2D Kits
Massive amount of new 3D kits have been made available.

Faces:-
Updated to v12.10, with the changes files available if you just want to do the changes.

Metallic Logos:-
Updated to 2020_V5, including the changes files.

Google Stadiums:-
Updated to 2020.05 - After using these for a brief period, I have decided I don't like them and they add a lot of unnecessary pictures.
So I would not recommend using these files and due to file size, will no longer be updated and will be unavailable with FM 2021.
Please state if you do use these and like them and I may continue to update and upload.

License Fix v2.2:-
Updated for the latest patch for FM 2020 + fixes.

Data Update:-
Updated with the latest file from this morning.

DOWNLOAD:-
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtsC_3_xeYYCge5lORS3CSXTv98JNA
Password - evoweb

Last edited:
hi. i've never played an fm game online but i'm just curious.

do servers switch off? so e.g. if I get fm 20 am I expecting online functionality to close in x years much like pes and fifa?

also i think i looked in the past but I believe offline lan play is not possible?

i think maybe you can play on one pc- with each player takig turns to control their team - last time I did that was champ manager 2.

thanks
They should still work online. I just double checked with FM17 (oldest one I have on Steam) which still had joinable games. I imagine they will continue to work indefinitely.

The person hosting the game is the server, and it looks like Steam handles the list of hosted games rather than the developer.

Updated the graphics to the latest versions.

Have not updated kits, as theses are all changing soon, and have no interest adding the Bangladesh 2nd Division.
I will update the kits, once next season kits start becoming available.

So surprised to see it up on the Epic Store, even if they gifted an incredible number of pure gems in the last months.

Picked it of course. Almost tempted to see if I can re-ignite the old spark..

Oh dear, I have resisted playing football manager for years and years.
For the simple reason that I like my gaming to be pick up and play for a couple of hours, can't afford to spend a whole night/day for something like I could when I was younger. And just like that it's free, ha. I'll pick it up but maybe I'll resist launching it.

And if I do launch it there's still some hope that I'll bounce off it if it's too complicated to get into 😄
1911272.jpg

Graphics update FM2020:-

Kits have now been updated to 20/21 Kits.
Data Update latest updates to this morning.

Graphics update FM2020:-

Kits have now been updated to 20/21 Kits.
Data Update latest updates to this morning.
Cheers, your downloads make the world of difference to my game (even though I only ever manage to get through a single season per save). I'm actually winning the league right now, which is a first for me! Might wait before pre-ordering the new one...

Cheers, your downloads make the world of difference to my game (even though I only ever manage to get through a single season per save). I'm actually winning the league right now, which is a first for me! Might wait before pre-ordering the new one...

I have already pre-ordered.
Got it from Sortitoutsi for £29, as cheaper than CDKeys.

I have already pre-ordered.
Got it from Sortitoutsi for £29, as cheaper than CDKeys.
Every year I say I'll wait to hear more info and then get sucked in. I'm going to try not to do that this year - especially with Miles admitting that Covid hit them hard, to the point that they had to cut down the feature list, and doubly so now that I'm actually doing well in a career game.

But if the match engine is improved then I know I'll just throw my money at them.

Every year I say I'll wait to hear more info and then get sucked in. I'm going to try not to do that this year - especially with Miles admitting that Covid hit them hard, to the point that they had to cut down the feature list, and doubly so now that I'm actually doing well in a career game.

But if the match engine is improved then I know I'll just throw my money at them.

I'm pretty bad for this. I don't play football manager nearly as much as I used to (probably for the best!) but always get the latest version because I want to start in the current season.

Still, Football Manager is usually great value for money, especially considering it comes with a database editor for free.

I've found the match engine pretty weak over the last few years, maybe because I'm more cynical... but so many matches have too many 1-on-1s and the only solution to avoid huge scores in every match is to make even the best finishers struggle with 1-on-1s... anyway, I'm rambling. :D

I've found the match engine pretty weak over the last few years, maybe because I'm more cynical... but so many matches have too many 1-on-1s and the only solution to avoid huge scores in every match is to make even the best finishers struggle with 1-on-1s... anyway, I'm rambling. :D
Have to admit, this is reminiscent of my biggest issues. I have two tall, strong CFs with 15/20 for heading, average positioning stats, and they get 10-15 headers per game, but literally never score them. Never. Every one "sails over the crossbar". I have to rely on shots from 30 yards out far too often.

Not only that, but if I designate them as "target man", I expect them to stay in the box. They don't. They run to the channels ALL THE TIME, leaving nobody in the middle. Looking through every single setting for strikers (poacher, advanced forward etc.) there isn't a SINGLE ONE (!!) that lets you set "hold position". Why?

Will update graphics again on Wednesday, as been a few more kits released.

But main reason for update is the release of the transfer deadline update, so everyone can start a new game with the latest players.

Kits have now been updated with the latest available kits.
Italy seems to be the only major country missing, so I took the decision to add last seasons Italian kits to the latest file.

Also uploaded the updates for the logos and faces.

I will put the new data update up on Monday after the EFL transfer deadline this Friday.

FM 20 files will only be updated till November 1st.

From December 1st I will only update the files for FM 21 - However if like all previous years, FM 21 files should be backwards compatible with FM 20.

Kits have been updated again - 26/10/20..
Latest data update has also been included to cover the EFL deadline.

I will continue to update the kits regularly during November, as the kits are now being released very quickly and although it is not major leagues, it is always nice to have a complete set.

Last edited:
Gonna redownload this again. Is there a way to get rosters up to 20/21?
Can i use your files in the game pass version?
Sorry if the questions are noobish, installed it 6 months ago,I sucked and would give it another try.

Gonna redownload this again. Is there a way to get rosters up to 20/21?
Can i use your files in the game pass version?
Sorry if the questions are noobish, installed it 6 months ago,I sucked and would give it another try.

Just run the game once, to see if it creates the folders required in My Documents\Sports Interactive
Otherwise try and search on your PC, for a folder called Sport Interactive, then that folder should contain things like Saved Games and a few other folders.

Once completed, download the licenses fix, as this is easily the most important files needed.
Then if not created already, create a folder in Sports Interactive called 'Graphics' and then copy all the downloaded graphics in there and the game should pick them all up.

If not you need to go into preferences and make sure 'Reload Skin Cache' (or something similar) is ticked and it will then load all the graphics.
Then enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom