Football Superstars (MMO)

SXFuzz

Championship
17 November 2001
Check this:

http://www.footballsuperstars.com

What is Football Superstars?
Football Superstars is a brand new, genre breaking Sports Massively Multi-player Online Game (MMOG) due to be launched in 2008. Based on the massively popular sport of football, Football Superstars takes the player through the life of a footballer, from grass-root kick-abouts to the pinnacle of the premier football and international stardom.

What is a Massively Multi-player Online Game?
A Massively Multi-player Online game (MMOG or MMO) is a computer game which is capable of supporting hundreds or thousands of players simultaneously, played on the Internet and usually featuring a large and persistent virtual world. In the case of Football Superstars that virtual world will be football themed.

Is Football Superstars a management or action game?
Football Superstars is an action football game combined with a persistent world for the players to play games on the pitch and enjoy the trappings of their success off the pitch.

Is the team controlled with AI like FIFA and PES?
No, in Football Superstars the player assumes the role of a single player character in both the football arenas and the virtual game world. These Player Characters (PCs) interact, compete and collaborate with other PCs within the game world. This means that, in terms of playing football, each member of both teams will be controlled by a real-world player, except the goalkeepers which will be AI controlled. In the lifestyle world we’ll have a number of Non-Player Characters (NPC) that assume general roles within the game e.g. shop owners, traders, journalists etc.

How can I communicate with the other players?
Players will be able to communicate using an in-game chat system, similar to instant messaging, and also speak to each other using headsets.

Are there tournaments I can take part in?
Yes, there will be a wide range of leagues, competitions and tournaments that players will be able to take part in throughout the game.

Can I make my own football club?
Yes, players will be able to create their own football clubs. More details will be revealed on this subject later!

Can I create my own player and my appearance?
Absolutely. You will be able to completely control your character’s appearance from the shirt on your back to the hair on your head.

Will there be real teams involved?
All teams will be made up of groups of player characters joining together for various reasons be that social, time of the day, friendship lists or just random groupings. Beyond that we’re building in the ability to play for your favourite club when they have need of your abilities.

When will the game be coming out?
Football Superstars is planned for a launch in the second quarter of 2008 and Beta testing will start towards the back end of 2007. Sign up to our newsletter and get regular updates directly from the team, including being amongst the first to know how to be a beta tester.

Will the game be sold in retail shops like Game and Virgin?
The game will be downloadable for free. However, we are also looking into alternative distribution methods and suitable partners. As yet, we have made no firm commitment beyond making sure it will be as accessible as possible to everyone who wants to play the game.

Are there any plans to bring this game to consoles like the Xbox360 or PlayStation 3?
The game is based on the cutting edge MMO middleware development platform designed by Monumental Games who are in the process of expanding their middleware platform to include consoles such as Xbox 360 and PS3. It is entirely possible that future updates of the Football Superstars game will include console versions of the game.

Is it safe for children to play the game?
Yes, creating a safe and fun environment playable by players aged 7 to 77 is very important to us, so Football Superstars will contain no adult content or violence. The game will be rated using the PEGI Age Rating system, plus we will be looking to use the brand new online game rating system that PEGI is introducing especially for online only games.

How do I get involved?
You can get involved right now! Register with us via the registration page to receive a regular newsletter which will detail ways you can contribute to Football Superstars. If you sign up now you’ll also receive a free in-game item when the game launches and chance to access the beta testing program.

What are the benefits to registration?
You will get access to exclusive material, interviews and feature updates. Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to directly interview the developers working on Football Superstars and have your say on what will ultimately be your game.

You mention a free in-game item for registration. What will this item be?
Details on the free in-game item will be given in the newsletter, it will be an exclusive gift from us to you that you will be able to enjoy upon release.

How do I become a Beta tester and what does this mean?
Beta testers play the game before its full release and give feedback on bugs as well as suggestions on how to make the gameplay experience even better. Beta testing will commence towards the end of 2007. Applying to become a Beta tester is not available yet; however, it will start soon. If you register for the regular Football Superstars newsletter, you will be amongst the first to know how to sign-up for beta testing. We anticipate demand will be very high, so registering early for this will be a key factor in any beta application due to a finite number of accounts available.

Looks amazing, hope they implement it as well as they say theyre gonna. Could be so amazing.

"Background

Football Superstars is a massively multi-Player online (MMO) game based on the immensely popular sport of football."

lol!

football? what's that???

I almost forgot about this. I signed up last year when this thread was started i think..

www.footballsuperstars.com/forum

The official fotums for this game have been set up now.

The guys making it have signed a sponsorship deal with Puma to get their licensed stuff in the game :).

Could be a good game, I will keep my eye on it.

It sounds doubious...Football game with MOUSE AND KEYBOARD? Its like FPS with a retarded controller!!!

It sounds doubious...Football game with MOUSE AND KEYBOARD? Its like FPS with a retarded controller!!!
Hmmm... What is better? Two 360 degree analog sticks, with a trigger to shoot or directional buttons (8 possible directions) and a mouse (clicking on people to kill them, wow that's really less retarded than using a button that's like a trigger to shoot isn't it? It's just easier and has a small learning curve, that's why stupid people like you like it).
Also, you call a controller "retarded", so you don't use a controller for a game like PES? Not like there's much point in one anyway, because crappy PES only has 8 directions, even for manual passing... and how exactly is a controller retarded? all the buttons and triggers are there under your fingers and can be instantly accessed without any difficulty, yet in a game like Half Life 2 (one of the best PC has to offer), you are required to hold a crouch button (default Ctrl I think) to stay in cover and to reload a weapon you need to press R, so pressing those together while holding a mouse and also using the arrow keys in the process is impossible, now to me that is more retarded than having a controller where the buttons are all just there for you.

We know that you are just a stupid PC and PES fanboy who has no brains (calling FIFA's ball physics "tennis ball physics" and calling Euro 2008 a boat simulator, enough said) so why not just not post to save yourself being embarassed even more?

Anyway, most free games are pretty bad so I hope this is an exception and lives up to its potential.

It isn't a manager game, you control one player and when you play online, other people take control of each player on the pitch (apart from keepers maybe) so that's 10v10 (or 11v11 with keepers), the mouse is used to control where the player faces, the mouse buttons are probably for passing and shooting and the keyboard is for other stuff, I hope that they add support for controllers though.

It isn't a manager game, you control one player and when you play online, other people take control of each player on the pitch (apart from keepers maybe) so that's 10v10 (or 11v11 with keepers), the mouse is used to control where the player faces, the mouse buttons are probably for passing and shooting and the keyboard is for other stuff, I hope that they add support for controllers though.
lol this game has FAIL written all over it. k&m on a footy game? LOL:LOL:

OK, I have tidied this thread up, if you guys (Rob, hellenes, jonney), want to continue your Console/PC discussion, then do so via PMs. Thank you.

"Football Superstars Beta Sign Up Begins..."

Just received an email. Website isn't working properly though, I assume it's being hammered :(

I got on fine :)

Realised though that my graphics card spec will be nowhere near enough for them to let me on. Oh well.

So it closed then now ? i registered although doubt i will get in i have never done any beta testing before.

Looks really promising game though look forward to reading your opinions when you played it.

I applied to do beta testing, I hope I get to do it but it is unlikely :(.

Holy crap, I got into the beta! Did they not see what graphics card I've got?! :|

There's an NDA though so I can't say much about it anyway. :(

yes u can in a form of pm's instant messanger chat and face to face convo's

so jb whats your home address or instant messanger name :)

Yeah, congratulating me on getting in.

I seriously think they've missed the part about my crappy old GeForce 6600. I doubt I'll be able to get past the intro. :eh:

Back
Top Bottom