• Again: Talk about cracks or if a certain mod works on a cracked game and we will cut off your puny little pirate dicks.
  • Note for new users: Please keep your posts English or we will delete them. There's a "No English?" area in our Editing sub-forum for those who prefer writing in their native language.

For Those Who Played WE9 PSP

Androctonvs

Discovered The FK Bug
30 November 2003
Portugal
SL Benfica
...what are the pros and the cons?
Things that amaze you; things that make you want to play something else?
What got you pissed about it?
What were you expecting the game to feature that it doesn't have?
Review it!

Please, lets keep this on topic.
Thanks!
 

gomincha

Conference
8 September 2003
Dublin
Amazing game, only faults are:
-No Cup modes.
-You can only play multiplayer with the default playernames, kits and boots.
-No Option of r2 run.
-Wheres the option to load in your ML team?
-No challenge training.

If the game is played off Memory Stick at 333mhz, its a massive improvement on
the game running off umd.
The loading speed is about 10x that of the umd loading time.
 

EamoVersion1

Non-League
25 June 2005
Pros

Gameplay near identical (very important point!)
all teams and players present

Cons

Editing mode more or less non existent
kits dont transfer from ps2 to psp
no master league or cup modes
1 camera angle
Slowdown (damn 2.0 firmware!!!)
 

BumperMan

Champions League
20 June 2005
North America
Legia Warsaw
The game is almost identical to the PS2 vers when it comes to graphics and gameplay. My ONLY gripe is one stadium. It would have been better to have 3 stadiums to give the game a bigger feel. But the gameplay,animation and graphics are fine.
 

gomincha

Conference
8 September 2003
Dublin
The camera angle is normal (no wide angle!) and there is three zoom options.
You can edit names, stats, stars and numbers, no tranferring players or appearance editing.
 

brc1

Non-League
26 April 2002
Pros: Familiar Gameplay and graphics in very portable package.

Cons: No wide camera view, limited edit options, D-pad control is less accurate than with the PS2 controller

Overall, definitely a great game...
 

Androctonvs

Discovered The FK Bug
30 November 2003
Portugal
SL Benfica
I'm starting to think that the DPAD problem is actually a PSP problem. I had the same problem with World Tour Soccer.

I really don't care about the view, since I always play with the normal view - the preset.

"no tranferring players or appearance editing." - Ok, this is pretty weak.
 

P-dogg

Waiting for the postman..
9 August 2004
This game is ace.

The gameplay is identical, graphically I love the resolution of the PSP screen and it looks great. Some problems with it like the 2 stadiums and no cups is poor, dpad I dont use as its crap and I dont play ML ever so thats no big deal.

I prefer the gameplay on it to WE9 Ps2 tbh. I just find it works better especially with the fouls, oh and the goal nets are brilliant.

Overall its a hit but I hope the content is added too next time. Surely a UMD can hold more than this?
 
Last edited:

dickhead

Non-League
22 March 2005
the game is shit....stop sticking up for it ffs.

To anyone whos gona actually pay money fot his game DONT its rubbish. The PSP is not made to play these types of games...the pas is rubbish and slow and its just damn frustrating.

The people that are saying its good are prob the people that paid 50 quid to import it.

I payed 45 and i am telliung you with hand on heart its rubbish, a totall letdown.

I mean come on NO WIDE VIEW....who the f**k plays winning eleven with a close up camera view....nuff said.

CRAP
 

P-dogg

Waiting for the postman..
9 August 2004
I play on that camera view and I love the game on PSP. I also use tha nub very happily.

It didnt cost me anywhere near that either.

Sure, its not chocked full of options and that is frustrating, in fact I'm gutted they left so much out but ultimately I love it and have played nothing else.

Sticking up for it? Its not a person, its a game that I am entitled to enjoy, no?
 

Blublub

Conference
17 May 2002
dickhead said:
the game is shit....stop sticking up for it ffs.

To anyone whos gona actually pay money fot his game DONT its rubbish. The PSP is not made to play these types of games...the pas is rubbish and slow and its just damn frustrating.

The people that are saying its good are prob the people that paid 50 quid to import it.

I payed 45 and i am telliung you with hand on heart its rubbish, a totall letdown.

I mean come on NO WIDE VIEW....who the f**k plays winning eleven with a close up camera view....nuff said.

CRAP
I seriously doubt you've actually played the PSP version or given it enough time. I've always used wide view with angle 3, and even used "birdseye" at times in the console version, yet after like five minutes the closer view in the PSP version stopped bothering me. For one the widescreen makes up for a lot of lost real estate in the console version.

To call it crap simply because of this is just wrong. The gameplay is as good as the other versions and, arguably, even better. Even if you paid 45 it's a bargain at that price for me.
 

Blublub

Conference
17 May 2002
It's a bit hard to judge for sure, but it seems to be equivalent to the view one down from wide in the PS2 version, which if I remember correctly is the default.
 

brc1

Non-League
26 April 2002
Blublub said:
the widescreen makes up for a lot of lost real estate in the console version.
I definitely agree. The option for wide view would have been nice though, I hope it shows up on later incarnations of the game...
 

Bleeders

Conference
2 January 2002
Aveley, Essex, UK
Blublub said:
I seriously doubt you've actually played the PSP version or given it enough time. I've always used wide view with angle 3, and even used "birdseye" at times in the console version, yet after like five minutes the closer view in the PSP version stopped bothering me. For one the widescreen makes up for a lot of lost real estate in the console version.

To call it crap simply because of this is just wrong. The gameplay is as good as the other versions and, arguably, even better. Even if you paid 45 it's a bargain at that price for me.
Shit, remind me never to shop where you go for games man! :lol:

I like PSP WE9. However, I find the single-player scenario unbalanced on anything over 3-stars. It could be me being shite at it, but it seems every second-ball, wrong pass, refereeing decision, not to mention AI players catching speedy players with aplomb all work against me - consistently.

Other than that though, 2-player is a load of laughs and has played host to some colossal games.
 
Top Bottom