For those who thought you could no longer get foreign commentary...

Wowlman

Banned
4 February 2006
This will probably seem like an obvious point to some people, but it had me going for a while - I really thought you could not get foreign commentary to work on PES6. On PES5 I always liked to use Spanish commentary, which was a lot less annoying than the awful English commentary, and actually sounded pretty cool ("GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL", etc etc).

Quite a simple fix - reinstall the game, but include Spanish data. I imagine some people (like me) would think that this is unnecessary during installation, but it is only 4MB more to install and sounds infinitely better. Just go into Settings > Language in the game, select commentary language, and voila! Spanish commentary with English text.

This will certainly do until the FIFA commentary patch is released, and even then it will be better to some people's ears.

Wowlman said:
This will probably seem like an obvious point to some people, but it had me going for a while - I really thought you could not get foreign commentary to work on PES6. On PES5 I always liked to use Spanish commentary, which was a lot less annoying than the awful English commentary, and actually sounded pretty cool ("GOOOOOOOOOOOOOL", etc etc).

Quite a simple fix - reinstall the game, but include Spanish data. I imagine some people (like me) would think that this is unnecessary during installation, but it is only 4MB more to install and sounds infinitely better. Just go into Settings > Language in the game, select commentary language, and voila! Spanish commentary with English text.

This will certainly do until the FIFA commentary patch is released, and even then it will be better to some people's ears.

The problem is, my friend, that all these is only for pC version.

The concern of ppl is now that u can't change the commentary in the PS2 version, which do not include other languages in the dvd, hence you can't change.

In PC, yes, all the languages are included hence you can change (this is very obvious) but PS2 u can't change cos it's not there.

The problem is, my friend, that all these is only for pC version.

The concern of ppl is now that u can't change the commentary in the PS2 version, which do not include other languages in the dvd, hence you can't change.

In PC, yes, all the languages are included hence you can change (this is very obvious) but PS2 u can't change cos it's not there.

That's why this is in the PC forum.

I actually had the PS2 version at first (out of impatience waiting for the PC version to arrive!) and I was really annoyed that you couldn't change commentary language.

I don´t know about English commentaries, but the Spanish ones are REALLY bad. For example, when you´re winning 2-1, the commentarist says: 2-2, and others incledibles errors for a game of the size of PES. But we can´t expect more from KONAMI, ¿Am I right?.
Anyway, I may get to work a little bit on that to se if I can fix it. Is I get it done I´ll post it around here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shame on you KONAMI, you should be paying people like Juce to be doing YOUR work...

You don't need reinstall for foreign languages.

- copy s,i,g...sound.afs and s,i,g...text.afs to dat folder from DVD image.
- run regedit
- goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KONAMIPES6\PES6
- edit lang_s,lang_i,lang_g.. from 0 to 1.
- start game. you can select language at start screen and game option.

cool, if i only knew this sooner. hehe :p
i did have to reinstall to get spanish language installed.

if only i knew this sooner :)

I don´t know about English commentaries, but the Spanish ones are REALLY bad. For example, when you´re winning 2-1, the commentarist says: 2-2, and others incledibles errors for a game of the size of PES. But we can´t expect more from KONAMI, ¿Am I right?.
Anyway, I may get to work a little bit on that to se if I can fix it. Is I get it done I´ll post it around here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shame on you KONAMI, you should be paying people like Juce to be doing YOUR work...

It's a good job I don't know very much Spanish!!!

I figured it probably would be bad to Spanish ears, Lobo22, but to us UK players, it just sounds cool, since all we understand is 'gol gol gol gol gol!'

Yeah, with PES 6 the spanish commentaries are dreadful. The other day I was playing with a friend, and I was winning 2-0, then he scored, 2-1 and the commentary was "Now he's managed to score to draw, it is all done", and things like those... too bad

Yeah, with PES 6 the spanish commentaries are dreadful. The other day I was playing with a friend, and I was winning 2-0, then he scored, 2-1 and the commentary was "Now he's managed to score to draw, it is all done", and things like those... too bad

The English commentary doesn't have too many errors as such, it just sounds badly acted and they say things that commentators just would not say. It's totally unnatural.

Back
Top Bottom