Forza Motorsport 2

DJ, I posted that over two weeks before your reply today, and I don't remember jumping down your throat in the past two weeks. On a forum you are always going to get people you often agree with and those who you don't. I've no personal problem with you, I just think you talk mince. ;)

I am cynical, absolutely. I don't look for arguments, I just find it hard to hold my tongue when I disagree with someone. Like I said, it's nothing personal.

djdoc360 said:
Slobber, I hate to say this but I have played GT4 for quite long sessions before and got totally bored with it. I felt no real sense of speed and the lack of realism with the physics/damage and a lot of cars which I wouldnt bother with.

DJ

I find it intereting you say that GT4 has no sense of speed cos this is the reason i hated Forza, i found it to sluggish to play. I have gone back since but usually after playing GT4 and the framerate is just piss poor for a racing game,i dont care what peeps say 30 fps for a racing game on on xbox or ps2 is not good enough. As this was the only major gripe i had with Forza i'm hoping for big things with 60fps Forza 2. I hope also that it losses that boldness to the colours in the game as i found it all looked a bit plastic and cartoonish and certainly not very realistic..

ThomasGOAL said:
Polyphony Digital buy FERRARI licence for Gran Turismo series :)

Are these Ferrari those cool ones that never get damaged? Then being that the case I guess you may have to download them. I doubt they'll came in the Blue Ray GT disk.
Polyphony sucks. They demonstrated with the last GT4 unbearable 24 hour races idea. Did you completed those ones on your own or did you let your automatic driver mate to do it?
Have you ever played Forza?
Mate, I honestly thought you would be over Sony by now. How many more bad news do you want? I own a PS2 and more than 200 games but I think Microsoft is the smart choice for next generation.
I don't go posting irrelevant shit in your threads so please don't do it here.

Yes I agree with the fact that Forza at 30 FPS is slow but the game has realism!!

lol @ pepe montoto yeah those are the Ferraris that in real life never get driven...

DJ

While not including a true cockpit view, a new point of view from the top of the hood has been added. This does offer a more realistic driving perspective, but it comes up short of the behind-the-wheel experience. Lee explained the decision not to do the cockpit camera as a matter of allocating resources on the project to get the most out of the finite development time and that the team felt "like it didn't really add anything in terms of true racing experience." Creating car interiors would have chewed up a lot of manpower resources the team wanted to use elsewhere, on things it felt the consumer would rather have, like more customization parts.

Seems pretty lame to me.

Doesn't bother me, while PGR's internal view is pretty well done I never use it as it's not very practical when it comes to playing. If the omission of the inside view means the game has a better framerate, because more time was spent on optimisation for example, that's better.

I am slightly worried about the framerate, I know they are aiming for 60 but the latest build is running at 30 and I distinctly remember there being some confusion about the original's framerate in the weeks leading up to release.

ClassicD said:
Doesn't bother me, while PGR's internal view is pretty well done I never use it as it's not very practical when it comes to playing.
Agreed, when I first saw that view I thought to myself - as Holio said in the PGR thread somewhere - that "this view is for racers, the other views are for pussys". But you want to win the race, so you want the most control, and the best method of judgement is being able to see the whole angle of track and knowing just when to hit the [hand]brake. Perhaps it would be good for future racers, perhaps if the game could pick up on your head movement and alter the view accordingly, which would make it a bit less of a fiddly experience. That aside, I find you miss all the best graphics in that view anyway, I'd rather be admiring the cars as they shot past rather than just being able to see the side-door and then the boot! :mrgreen:

1up.com said:
While the final visuals weren't there, we could see the attention to detail the team paid in modeling each car. On the NSX, for example, Lee zoomed the camera in to the headlights to show off the individual projector lamps inside the lens, and how they were constructed of true cylinders. Later, after a wreck had broken the taillights, he as able to show how where the red lens had broken away you could see the chrome reflectors in the taillight assembly. That expanded detailing also extends to the popular livery editor that let you create custom designs on the exterior of your car. It will now let you use hundreds of layers to get really elaborate with customization.
I'd much, MUCH rather all that was in the game than an in-car view. As the guy said, they can't possibly do everything in the space of time that they have to make a game, no matter how big your artist team is. Not without cutting corners and making the insides of every car look exactly the same, anyway.

I think them screenshots look ace! im well impressed by this!

Damage Model looks cool too.

DJ

The art style is too unrealistic for my liking. Sure there are loads of polygons, high resolution textures and all other things, but it doesn't have a realistic look to any of it.

From the gameplay video TG found the game looks to be moving at some speed! I think it could be running at 60FPS!!

DJ

Must be great game..sadly i don`t have XBOX360...the first Forza Motorsport was very class.

Just to clear up some confusion that seems to be creeping in here...

60 frames per second is NOT faster than 30 frames per second, it is a higher frequency.

Something moving 2 pixels per frame at 30fps moves at exactly the same speed as something moving 1 pixel per frame at 60fps. It's a common and all too frequent misconception that people really should understand by now.

If you think about it logically, if 30fps was slower. the lap times would be wrong compared to real life.

As someone has already stated "There is a reason why lap times in Forza match real life lap times while GT lap times do not." GT ran at 60fps and Forza ran at 30fps, so it's obviously not slower than real life... at 30fps.

Yeah about 3 weeks ago, it was just sitting there not getting played. No Forza till July-ish now either, so no point in keeping it.

Back
Top Bottom