Forza Motorsport

I have a 360 Modena now which is bang on the limit of A1 and tops out at 187 mph with no tweaking.

Let's see what happens at the next Evo-Web *coff* racing night ;)

187 eh?

Thats not bad, think my MR2 tops out at 260kmh, so converting that makes...161.5ish. Hmmm, a bit of catching up to do, but at least my MR2 does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, which is nice. :D

I do some, not a lot.

I might get into it a bit more, but usually once I do a slight bit and I'm happy with how the car handles and how its acceleration and top speed are I leave it at that. I dont really change all the damper and all those other settings
usually just tyre pressure, suspension and gear ratios.

I'm based in Asia, it took me to level 20 to open Ferrari.

I'm based in Europe, I bought myself one of those Modenas after reading your post ;). There is a series race for stock Modenas which the prize for winning is the Challenge Stradale, after I get that I'll fire some extra bits onto both Ferraris.

Anyone else won the Tommy Kiara's Nissan Skyline? It's an S-Class car but it let me put every single buyable upgrade onto it and it didn't go into the R-Class, though I don't know if you can do that in the first place. It's got 10.0 for acceleration, honestly, you have to see this thing it's so quick!

ClassicD said:
I'm based in Europe, I bought myself one of those Modenas after reading your post ;). There is a series race for stock Modenas which the prize for winning is the Challenge Stradale, after I get that I'll fire some extra bits onto both Ferraris.

Anyone else won the Tommy Kiara's Nissan Skyline? It's an S-Class car but it let me put every single buyable upgrade onto it and it didn't go into the R-Class, though I don't know if you can do that in the first place. It's got 10.0 for acceleration, honestly, you have to see this thing it's so quick!

in the manual, it says no car can be upgraded to R class and R class can not be downgraded.

I got a 355 Challenge as a reward and my god, the brakes and steering are unbelievable :)

(And that's my 4,000th post on here - woohoo :))

I started playing this in Career last night ...

I've started with the Assists off except AUTO Gears .... but a few races later and I was still sliding right through corners .... whilst the CPU brakes at exactly the same time as me and just glides round the corner without so much as a little screech ?

I am not among the Elite players when it comes to Sim-driving Games as I have never really played most of them for long if at all ... but I want to give this one a fairer crack of the whip and try and get in to it in a bigger way and hopefully be half decent on it.

What assists do most of you Guys use or not use as the Case may be ?

Basically I don't want to be a Tart and use ALL the Assists but at the same time I am gonna lose all patience with it if I keep going like last night .... had to keep Restarting the Race over and over :mryellow:

So any advice from you Guys would be welcomed

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think the Com basically plays with the assists on, so no brakes locking up, and having traction control and stabilty control on. When I was on Live last Sunday, everyone only had the driving line turned off, and so it seemed fair enough with everyone doing the same thing.

While playing career offline, I have all the assists off except having auto gears and light damage rather than simiulation, but that it only to get credit bonus and make more spondoolies.

I play with the driving line on atm, just til I learnt the tracks better, but the only other assist I have on is ABS. I think with traction off I can learn to control my accelerating better (especially off the line), and I love having stability off, 4-wheel gliding through some of the fast corners (like the end on one of the Autumn Ring configurations) is too much fun :)

I only use ABS, and the only reason I use it is because I believe I should still have a fair chance of making it around a corner if I miss the braking line by about 5 feet, which, to be honest, cant happen with ABS turned off becuase you just lock the wheels and slide away the wrong direction. :D
Much like Babs I love to be able to get my car sideways if I want, and the traction control just takes away a lot of the fun, not only at the start of the race but also coming out of most corners. I prefer to be able to accelerate at my own pace, or spin the wheels a bit if I so desire. :mrgreen:

Also Holio, I think you'll find I was only using ABS online that evening as well. ;)
I've only tried the other things a few times, not sure if I'll keep them or not, I'm still deciding.

Tried em all off when I first got the game, I'm afraid ABS is a must for myself as the wheels just lock up far too easily (with pedals you'd be able to control that much better). As I was really struggling at first I turned everything back on (except the racing line), and have just left it that way. TCS I'm not sure about, I think I need it as I tend to have a bit of an itchy trigger-finger and end up spinning my wheels without it. STM, well I have no flookin idea what that does, I'll turn it off next time I play and see what happens.

You''l hate it with STM off mate, it basically lets the power to yuor wheels run free, therefore meaning drift! :D
Judging by your hate for all things sideways, I'd say you'd be better off with that left on as well. ;)

Thanks Guys, great Replies and Response from you all there ... appreciate it Loads :)

I think I am gonna basically try all the suggestions given and see what suits my style (or lack of it) the most ;-)

Then I should know whether I am gonna be a "Drifter" like babs & dar or more of an "In Control" Freak like Classic ;-)

Thanks Again.

I play with all assists off apart from automatic gears. I do lock the wheels a lot when breaking but after a while I get used to the car and the breaking distances for it. The only real car I've had bother with is the Corvette C6 I think it is. I modified it so it is now over 800hp, this was to complete the last couple of events on the amateur competitions. However I really struggle with it cos you need to lightly press the trigger to accelerate otherwise you end up sliding all over the place. I think I might need to turn some assists on to finish those events or try another car.

How far through are all you guys? I think I am around 40% of career mode just now. It's getting hard though.

Christ. It isn't half getting hard. Anybody tried the stock Modena event? I tried the first race a couple of times at Laguna Seca and it's driving me mad. I'm getting laps time into low 1 min 31's but if I make one little mistake I fall to the back of the pack and then they just pull away getting lap times in the 1 min 29's. I tried with ABS and STM on and got a better overall time but still finished 2nd last or something. Looks as though I'll be forced to put the A.I back to normal.

:(

I'm loving this game now, had a couple of goes at the weekend and the driving model is excellent. It is simulated racing but more geared on the fun side. The AI is really great in my opinion.

I'm loving driving my 291bhp supercharged Mini Cooper S, it is quality. I need to add a few more mods to try and get some traction off the line as I am still wheel spinning in 3rd gear :D . I have also switched off all assists apart from ABS and Auto Gears, much much better handling with TCS off.

I too am really enjoying this now after my initial Frustrations ...

I think half my problem was I was trying to drive EXACTLY like the CPU rather than the way I wanted to drive, The other half of the problem being that I was always playing it late at Night when I was already pretty knackered and I think this just made me get even more Frustrated with it when I made mistakes ... :mryellow:

This Weekend I'd been playing it at a more reasonable time and I found myself having a lot more patience and probably better reactions too. I also went on Live for the first time Yesterday and had a Snoop around to see what was what ... Interesting to see the Replays that are on there you can learn a wee bit from that stuff.

I am still pretty Pish mind ;-) .... but Basically using different cars coupled with more playing time and getting to know some of the Tracks better has lead to me feeling a bit more confident and in control rather than just bumbling around the Track like I was initially.

It's just like anything else I guess .... If you want to be half decent you have to invest the Time :)

P.S. Mr. Wright If you see this can I get an invite to "The Club" please. ;-)

Some of the tracks are great. I was getting annoyed at not knowing the tracks but after the weekend I know some of them really well. I love the Rio track now, that is great, so is Blue Mountain, Tsakuba Circuit etc etc. Great race tracks. I did some of the point to point racing as well and that is pretty cool.

I haven't sold a car yet, I'm gonna try and get them all.

You are all so demanding.

If you wouldnt mind sending me a Friends Request BOADC I will get you added as soon as I log on tonight.

Ike, I will add you to the club later also

BOADC said:
Have any of you trained a Drivatar yet?

I have yes, hes better than me but costs you a shedload of money when you use him

CWright said:
I have yes, hes better than me but costs you a shedload of money when you use him

So I've heard. How much exactly? Is it a percentage of your winnings or a certain amount each time regardless of what you win using him.

It seems a pretty cool feature. I've raced against mine in head to head but I always finish well clear of it. I suppose I need to train it a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom