Frauds + Cheats - UEFA/FIFA/Refs/Players

KRoNoS

League 1
10 April 2006
Scotland
Celtic
Is it just me or are there other people out there who think the competitions are fixed. Competition draws, blind referees, diving cheating, inconsistency , match fixing like Marsielle, Liverpool, various referees taking bungs, and the italian league (TWICE - and what happened on their appeals was disgusting for footballs image) to name but a few of the dodgey goings on in the world of football.

I have become very disollusioned with football now. I no longer anticipate champions league games, world cups etc... I have seen too much cheating and poor refereeing over many years and it seems to be getting worse or to the point predictable. As a fan I can't help feeling robbed. I have came to the conclusion that it is all one big con on Joe Public by tournament ofrganisers, refereeing officials, players, and clubs.

WAKE UP PEOPLE...WE ARE ALL BEING RIPPED OFF !!

TV revenue and the money that the so called bigger clubs can generate for the tournaments i.e. (the so called) champions league (how many champions actually play in this league). Again this is all down to money and has nothing to do with an actual competitive competition. So what if some champions of the lesser leagues aren't as good as some other champions but they deserve the right to play in these tournaments as they are representing their country and thier league. It would also bring in some revenue for the lesser leagues to help make them stronger and able to compete better in the future.

Being scottish (no comments please ::( ) Our champions actually have to go through a qualifying stage...doh! Yes you may say were a crap league but It seems that every year when we go into tournaments we are either beaten soundly by a very good opposing team or our teams are screwed by inconsistent and extremely dodgey refereeing. Other supporters must see this too surely. I've lost count on the amount of times I've seen scottish teams and even Scotland go out of competitions because of suspicious refereeing. And they call themselves professional referees ??:lmao:

As for the Competition draws...you can sometimes tell who the teams are going to get. Usually when there is some history between teams then they are paired together in the same group or they just happen to come out of the group and meet each other in the next round. Am I the only one who sees this?

As I am scottish of course I'm gonna moan because I think our teams get a rough deal. It seems every tournament we are either crap or when our teams look to be doing good the ref gives a dodgey penalty or disallows a perfectly good goal or doesn't give a stone wall penalty to my team.

Sorry folks I just had to let off some steam as once again I just saw this happen. I am a Celtic fan (PORTO CHEATERS HELLO !!) but have been watching Hearts european games against AEK Athens. The referess in the first game spoiled it by giving two petty bookings to a hearts player and he got sent off. this in turn destroyed the game.

AEK were by far the better team and Hearts were rubbish I admit. I have just been watching the second leg and turned the TV off in disgust as the referee in the second leg has just spoiled the game again. Julian Brellier had been sent off. He went off for treatment after being sandwiched and elbowed by 2 AEK players and never got a foul. When he came back on the referee booked him cos he had an earing. Most refs would have just told the player to take it out. Then about 1 minute later an AEK Athens player jumped into the back of a Hearts player...the guys wasn't even any where neart the ball. Hearts got a free kick but no booking. Then another minute later Brellier got his second booking when he went for a header. There was nothing in the attempt except he had an arm raised but not like an elbow or anything as seen on the replay it looked a nothing challenge. Where is the consistency!!! once again I feel cheated out of a promising game.

Let me hear your moans, horror stories, and dissapointments. Let that anger out and vent your frustrations here on my thread and we can all comment...

Last edited:
I'll agree that there needs to be a serious review of the rules and guidlines that referees follow. We need cameras to punish people for dives, even after the game has finished. More use of technology. Alot of the offside decisions i've seen recently have been shocking. If there isnt space between the striker and defender, then it should be onside.

Considering this. I don't think its as bad as you makeout, yet.

To prove my point I think celtic will get in the Champions League draw :-

Arsenal or Barcelona
AEK Athens
FC Copenhagen
(another)

See how many I get right eh...lol (just a bit of fun...)

Of course I may be wrong but it would be funny just to see how many I get right.

ok so i was wrong...damn should have seen that chelsea Vs barcelona one a mile away... got the copenhagen one at least but I could have got lucky with that one... I just hope the referees are consistent tho cos it can really spoil a game and they better well crack down on cheating.

They definately should be able to use TV in extreme conditions especially if something is disputed. If a player disputes a penalty for which play is stopped anyway, and it's found that the other player dived then that player should get an automatic RED.

Yeah.. Slapp Blatter...good point Milanista. Even he's inconsistent with his comments, and some of the stupid rule changes to the game.

Milanista said:
Theres 1 obstacle against video replays and technology to help football - Blatter.

Most refs are against it too.

Markus Merk said it would ruin the suspence of the game, and that false decisions are a part of the game, just like a misskicked shot.

Sounds reasonable. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom