Free agents in Master League

daveer91

Conference
29 July 2012
After the latest Data Pack update last week for PES 2020 the amount of free agent players in Master League has massively decreased. Several players that I had before are suddenly gone entirely. What's the point of this?

After carefully looking at the PDF @slamsoze posted, they're all players that have been moved from the free agent list into a team.

You were asking where are all the free agent players gone. I'm guessing they have been removed from the game, because they don't have a club or national team they play for OR you might have used an OF that moved players to the free agent list because their new club is not in the game and they're not in a national team.

After carefully looking at the PDF @slamsoze posted, they're all players that have been moved from the free agent list into a team.

You were asking where are all the free agent players gone. I'm guessing they have been removed from the game, because they don't have a club or national team they play for OR you might have used an OF that moved players to the free agent list because their new club is not in the game and they're not in a national team.
My PDF is players that are in FREE AGENTS, and someone must move them manually to their respective clubs. Basically as i do not use imports and exports, i do it manually every Thursday after Live Update, that's why i keep PDF. For more information there is a topic HERE.

On the thread now, i did not reply in the beginning cause it is not needed a separate thread IMHO. I don't think free agents have massively decreased. I started my ML save after DP2 and although i moved many of them in clubs from free agents, there are still plenty of them free. There are some players moved to Chinese clubs mostly, and in Brazilian clubs some went from clubs to free and some less from free to clubs. Also as @Sobakus pointed last year, the free agents you have depends on the date your EDIT.bin was created. FOr example mine was created since day one, so i will have Arjen Robben all this year.
It is very rare free agents to be "deleted" by KONAMI, this used to happen pre-PES2017. Until now in PES 2020 the only players that i cannot find and seem to have been deleted or "changed-edited" to fake placeholders by KONAMi, are the official players from PALERMO and BEERSCHOT. Everyone else is still in game data.

My PDF is players that are in FREE AGENTS, and someone must move them manually to their respective clubs. Basically as i do not use imports and exports, i do it manually every Thursday after Live Update, that's why i keep PDF. For more information there is a topic HERE.

On the thread now, i did not reply in the beginning cause it is not needed a separate thread IMHO. I don't think free agents have massively decreased. I started my ML save after DP2 and although i moved many of them in clubs from free agents, there are still plenty of them free. There are some players moved to Chinese clubs mostly, and in Brazilian clubs some went from clubs to free and some less from free to clubs. Also as @Sobakus pointed last year, the free agents you have depends on the date your EDIT.bin was created. FOr example mine was created since day one, so i will have Arjen Robben all this year.
It is very rare free agents to be "deleted" by KONAMI, this used to happen pre-PES2017. Until now in PES 2020 the only players that i cannot find and seem to have been deleted or "changed-edited" to fake placeholders by KONAMi, are the official players from PALERMO and BEERSCHOT. Everyone else is still in game data.

I think that I've found the answer thanks to your remark. I first installed PES 2020 when it was released. At that point I had all those free agents. Last week I decided to delete the game (from steam and the local folders) so I could get a clean install after the release of Data Pack 2. This weekend I reinstalled the game and suddenly the free agents list was much shorter. So yeah....this must be the EDIT.bin file as you've stated.

To be brutally honest: I think that those free agent players still should've been in the game, even if you've installed it today. The bigger the database the better. I don't want to buy the same players every time.

I think that I've found the answer thanks to your remark. I first installed PES 2020 when it was released. At that point I had all those free agents. Last week I decided to delete the game (from steam and the local folders) so I could get a clean install after the release of Data Pack 2. This weekend I reinstalled the game and suddenly the free agents list was much shorter. So yeah....this must be the EDIT.bin file as you've stated.

To be brutally honest: I think that those free agent players still should've been in the game, even if you've installed it today. The bigger the database the better. I don't want to buy the same players every time.
Yeah, it is unfortunate that Konami does this. Now, to have free agents you'd need to re-install the game and create a system data and edit save files before applying any updates/DLC. If you have a digital version, this may be impossible.

Dear friends,
unfortunately I have occured the same problem. Whats more, I have online version of PES 2020 on my PS4.

It is interesting for me, that almost no one writing on the internet about this problem. I dont believe Im the only one who have bought PES 2020 online after data pack 3.0.

However, I have found one way how to get removed free agents to game. They could be imported by option files/team export. When you import teams and one of the free agents are in, you get them with real faces as well.

I have get a most of them in my game by importing teams, but I have one player remaining to import, but cannot found him anywhere.

I want to actualize squads of ACL teams, concretely Al Rayyan and there is the problem as Gabriel Mercado is not in my version of PES. Please, if someone would be so kind and transfer Mercado from free agents to Al Rayyan and then will do a team export of Al Rayyan with Mercado in, I would appreciate it. You can send me team export via email - andy.aradsky@gmail.com. In exchange I can send you option file with actualized squads of ACL teams with other asian teams (Al Gharafa, Al Wehda, Al Ittihad Kalba, Al Ettifaq, Al Shabab, Al Ahli Dubai and Al Arabi).

Regards

@slamsoze
Hey mate,a couple of questions.
1 if you want to edit a player and sign him/or just transfer him to your team before the start of a new ML,how do you avoid him getting a release clause?
I've checked a few players in the free agents section ,both from the main edit menu and from my ML "advanced search" menu.
The players I've looked at has no release clause there,but once you edit them a bit,and start a new ML,they suddenly have it!
Any idea why?
Seems like changing the age triggers some,any way to avoid it?

2 if you edit a player from both free agents and a signed player,you can change his overall stats/age /everything and his original worth (€) still remains the same.
For instance I took Abate 36 years old,worth 200k 76 over,and turned him In to a 86 overall 22 year old,but still worth 200 k with a 180 k buy out clause.
Any idea why?

@slamsoze
Hey mate,a couple of questions.
1 if you want to edit a player and sign him/or just transfer him to your team before the start of a new ML,how do you avoid him getting a release clause?
I've checked a few players in the free agents section ,both from the main edit menu and from my ML "advanced search" menu.
The players I've looked at has no release clause there,but once you edit them a bit,and start a new ML,they suddenly have it!
Any idea why?
Seems like changing the age triggers some,any way to avoid it?

2 if you edit a player from both free agents and a signed player,you can change his overall stats/age /everything and his original worth (€) still remains the same.
For instance I took Abate 36 years old,worth 200k 76 over,and turned him In to a 86 overall 22 year old,but still worth 200 k with a 180 k buy out clause.
Any idea why?

1) The release clauses are pretty much pre-determined, random or hardcoded from the database statistics they inherited last summer, maybe from transfermarkt.
*If i understand correct, you mean a player is FREE AGENT, you sign him to a team, you start an ML and he has release clause?
If you mean this, since he is FREE AGENTS and not OTHERS, he does not have any release clause, but if you edit and you sign for a team, before you start your ML save, it is very likely to have a release clause in the new ML save , which is random i think, the most possible is to have one.

2) Similar as above, most player values are preprogrammed and hardcoded. This is obvious if you pass couple of seasons, you will end up with a 80+ regen player, having a value and a clause near to 20mil. €, while a declining superstar player with 85- has some hundreds of millions €.

At general the values and clauses are as advertised last summer, they are based on some kind of database and they are hardcoded, for a console player at least, i am sure PC users have the tools to edit such features.

Except for all the above, i have not made any tests to try to change any values. A test i could do is make a player all stats 40, start an ML check his value and then make him all 99, start an ML, check his value.

1) The release clauses are pretty much pre-determined, random or hardcoded from the database statistics they inherited last summer, maybe from transfermarkt.
*If i understand correct, you mean a player is FREE AGENT, you sign him to a team, you start an ML and he has release clause?
If you mean this, since he is FREE AGENTS and not OTHERS, he does not have any release clause, but if you edit and you sign for a team, before you start your ML save, it is very likely to have a release clause in the new ML save , which is random i think, the most possible is to have one.

2) Similar as above, most player values are preprogrammed and hardcoded. This is obvious if you pass couple of seasons, you will end up with a 80+ regen player, having a value and a clause near to 20mil. €, while a declining superstar player with 85- has some hundreds of millions €.

At general the values and clauses are as advertised last summer, they are based on some kind of database and they are hardcoded, for a console player at least, i am sure PC users have the tools to edit such features.

Except for all the above, i have not made any tests to try to change any values. A test i could do is make a player all stats 40, start an ML check his value and then make him all 99, start an ML, check his value.
Yeah I get that Konami throws in a release clause if you edit a player,from a lower to a higher value,even if you change his age etc.
Still would like to have the option to edit freely.
Weirdest thing is when you edit a player (no matter if he's free agent or something else) from a low ovr (60-70) to a higher (75-99) his worth is still consider to be a 60-70 ovr.
Which means I can edit a 60 overall worth 120k in to a 99 overall and he's still worth 120k,I think that goes mainly for licenced players,like I wrote with Abate

Yeah I get that Konami throws in a release clause if you edit a player,from a lower to a higher value,even if you change his age etc.
Still would like to have the option to edit freely.
Weirdest thing is when you edit a player (no matter if he's free agent or something else) from a low ovr (60-70) to a higher (75-99) his worth is still consider to be a 60-70 ovr.
Which means I can edit a 60 overall worth 120k in to a 99 overall and he's still worth 120k,I think that goes mainly for licenced players,like I wrote with Abate
Yes it seems it is hardcoded from summer. I have noticed in my youth team, i had a 70 OPR player regen been valued 1,5 mil. , while an other regen who was same OPR but was a "celebrity", i think he was Farfan, he had value more than 20mil.

Yes it seems it is hardcoded from summer. I have noticed in my youth team, i had a 70 OPR player regen been valued 1,5 mil. , while an other regen who was same OPR but was a "celebrity", i think he was Farfan, he had value more than 20mil.
Really wish there was an option for us console players to edit via a tool on the pc to fix some things in this game.

Back
Top Bottom