Free Kick Technique in WE8LE

a little hint I have to share although negative... a little "bug" Konami allowed in WE8 and WE8LE that seems a comeback to old bugs...

At 18,19 (or below) freekicks:

just aim to the distant post of the goalkeeper. Tap slightly the O button (yes, not the shoot button but the lob button) but it must be reaaaaaly slightly, just a "snif"... if you want you can also press up on D-PAD (but never down) and if aimed right it will always go in.

It's more efficient against CPU than humans, since humans can counter this by positioining a defender near the post while you get your aim right.. but if you are quick enough you can even outsmart a foreseeing oponent.

It's a shame this kind of freekick works, but it's useful in competition.

cheers,

Yeah already knew that ;) but what I didn't know was you can move players in wall? or rearrange them??

I actually read that pressing TRIANGLE when defending a freekick does something but not sure i saw anything when I did it. Can anybody clear this for me?

PLF said:
Yeah already knew that ;) but what I didn't know was you can move players in wall? or rearrange them??

I actually read that pressing TRIANGLE when defending a freekick does something but not sure i saw anything when I did it. Can anybody clear this for me?

I don't think you can repostion players in wall, but by pressing L1 you can gain control of another player and postion him near the post or even extend the wall by one player. :)

Golden Go@l said:
I don't think you can repostion players in wall, but by pressing L1 you can gain control of another player and postion him near the post or even extend the wall by one player. :)

Exacly, you can pick any other defender and position him near the goal post while your oponent aims. Once he shoots (the shot performed will be well aimed but not too strong) your defender will probably be able to easely head it away.

Maybe the jumping wall technique can also do it although you can't do both at the same time so it's up to you to pick (defender on post or jumping wall).

Okay so what you're talking about is basically pressing L1 taking somebody not in wall and putting them in a useful position like beside the posts.

But what is that TRIANGLE thing do when you're defending freekick, I'm pretty sure it does something. Maybe it moves the wall a bit. Not player by player but moves it a bit towards let's say where GK is staying or something like that. Anybody know?

This thread rules.

So far, I've only been using the triangle to move my keeper, so he won't play stupid and get late to the ball.

PLF said:
Okay so what you're talking about is basically pressing L1 taking somebody not in wall and putting them in a useful position like beside the posts.

But what is that TRIANGLE thing do when you're defending freekick, I'm pretty sure it does something. Maybe it moves the wall a bit. Not player by player but moves it a bit towards let's say where GK is staying or something like that. Anybody know?

I think Triangle just charges the keeper like it would normally.
Square jumps the wall, circle jumps whilst sending a charger and I *assume* that X sends some chargers.

No X makes them fully stand on ground. so if you think the opposition is gonna have a hard low crack at goal you press X so it doesn't go below your player's foot if they jump.

Circle makes players charge if you want some to jump and some to charge you have to press Circle + Square.

But In PES4 I read in the summary (where you pause game and go to the list) that with pressing triangle when defending freekick, you can move the keeper closer to wall or something like that? anyways i'll try it myself to see what it is.

Mozz said:
I hate free kicks.
Everyone in my play group has a problem that noone else seems to on Pro Evo 4, WE8 and WE8LE.
If the free kick is being taken by a left footer then the ball will just loop straight up in air with hardly any power and just drop really short of the goal.
I tried using left footers in free training and it was fine, only happens in ganes. Agh!!!!!

Does anyone know why this is? i get the same thing. perfectly placed for a left footer, set everything up, fill the power up to the usual, expect the ball to go hurtling goalwards, then he chips it over the wall and a defender heads it away. why oh why oh why does this happen, it just drives me nuts

k_19 said:
BIG problem with WE8LE free kicks is the keepers... This version actually has more accurate free kicks than in previous versions and hits the wall less often, which is good.. HOWEVER, to compensate for that, Konami bumped up goalie's reaction to free kicks WAY too much. Even if your free kick hits the target over the wall, the keeper will STILL save it most of the time. Power seems more important in this version than in any of the previous ones I feel... since goalies have faster reaction time to free kick shots. Try England and take free kicks with Beckham... James saves most of the shots unless they are PERFECT shots. either that or... they just hit the post.

But curiously enough, they don't react well to the circle button "shot". I hate using those though, because unless you have your kicker on free kick motion of beckham, they just sort of "chip" the ball and it doesn't look like a real free kick. Nonetheless, 23m and down, shooting with circle is the better option, but you'll hit the wall or defenders lot more often.

Agree with you absolutely. Only the abosolutely perfect freekick will go in. I'm talking about real screamers here (not tap circle chips or under the wall). The definition of perfect is to strict as only a fine line between perfect and very,very good. I mean, how realistic is that?

Any hard accurate shot, clearing the wall heading towards the corners opposite from the keeper ( based on his position ), should by right go in. Instead here we have a keeper that's already moving before the ball clears the wall (i' mean how can he see); so he 'magically right there when the shot's on target. Real life keepers usually protect the side away from the wall, the FK challenge is really to get the ball over and dip away from keeper. (this usually is a goal, unless shot is rather weak.)
I real life, even not so perfect freekicks always go in.

I mean, its really getting to me, as I can get good shot on target( angle between bar and post) 90 % off the time, and some of them should at least go in. You can use the worst keeper against the best FK taker, same result. In reality anything in that zone should go in (if its reasonably well hit against ann average keeper.Here the difference is in milimeteres.

Just my ramblings..ppl
Cheers,

jiwa said:
Agree with you absolutely. Only the abosolutely perfect freekick will go in. I'm talking about real screamers here (not tap circle chips or under the wall). The definition of perfect is to strict as only a fine line between perfect and very,very good. I mean, how realistic is that?

Any hard accurate shot, clearing the wall heading towards the corners opposite from the keeper ( based on his position ), should by right go in. Instead here we have a keeper that's already moving before the ball clears the wall (i' mean how can he see); so he 'magically right there when the shot's on target. Real life keepers usually protect the side away from the wall, the FK challenge is really to get the ball over and dip away from keeper. (this usually is a goal, unless shot is rather weak.)
I real life, even not so perfect freekicks always go in.

I mean, its really getting to me, as I can get good shot on target( angle between bar and post) 90 % off the time, and some of them should at least go in. You can use the worst keeper against the best FK taker, same result. In reality anything in that zone should go in (if its reasonably well hit against ann average keeper.Here the difference is in milimeteres.

Just my ramblings..ppl
Cheers,

Anyone see Ballack's goal against Mexico in the recent Confeds Cup. Exactly the point I'm trying to make. Kick was hard with some bend on it, but overall it was still rather central (just somewhat to the left). The challenge was for Ballack to get it over the wall and dip. IMO such a goal would never happen in WE8LE. In WE8LE keeper woul get to shots furtehr away than that.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom