Free kicks around the box

MasterM

League 2
14 July 2003
Is it me or did Konami fucked this up a little.
Yes i know the players make runs into the box and you have to wait for the right moment. Well thats in theory. But the players make dumb runs. They often stop in midway, hardly go deep into the box, run 1 by 1 instead of all together. Sometimes you wait for ages and they just shuffle towards the wall instead of going deep. And in some situations the view isnt good, because you have to aim and have to watch your players run at the same time, so you have too go from left to right constantly with the cameraview.
Ive yet got too score a header/volley etcc.. from a free kick.

They fooked it up alright...

We all know in real life theres 4-5 players in the box
altogether with the defenders changing positions-moving
around every little second.

What does this have to do with 1-2 maybe 3 of your players
just walking in slow motion not even in the heart of the box-
staring at you and waiting to hit the foul which happens at
the game...beats me..

Sometimes when i have a free kick near the corner i choose
to make a strong low ground shoot not to score but, you know
for a player of mine to stretch his leg..hit a defender..create
confusion in general. Well while in real life thats very dangerous
situation in the game the ball just goes through everyone..simply
cause no1 is deep in the box and dont make any run either.

I think these guys need to watch some football...

100 views and 1 reply. I expected more people to reply to this, because i think this is a serious issue, since it spoils the free kick opportunities. In pes4 i scored a lot from crossing free kicks, in pes5 it seems impossible.
Dont other people have this problem, give me some tips than.

dimitrisb80 said:
They fooked it up alright...

We all know in real life theres 4-5 players in the box
altogether with the defenders changing positions-moving
around every little second.

What does this have to do with 1-2 maybe 3 of your players
just walking in slow motion not even in the heart of the box-
staring at you and waiting to hit the foul which happens at
the game...beats me..

Sometimes when i have a free kick near the corner i choose
to make a strong low ground shoot not to score but, you know
for a player of mine to stretch his leg..hit a defender..create
confusion in general. Well while in real life thats very dangerous
situation in the game the ball just goes through everyone..simply
cause no1 is deep in the box and dont make any run either.

I think these guys need to watch some football...

yes ! yes ! yes ! ...i agree with you 8)

I've never really been any good a these types freekicks anyway. I just find myself kicking the ball off the pitch because no-one seems willing to make a run. Most of the set pieces in Pro Evo are poorly done especially throw-ins, there's not much you can do about it, just gotta keep trying different things until you find something that might occasionally work...

Freekick are still a bit of a bugger , they say its easier now!?

I have found no matter the taker or distance (as the wall is always 10yrds away), you have to get the powerbar to the halfway point just to get it over the wall. And with that in mind, when you are just outside the box (halfway power to get over the wall) even if you go just a tad over that halfway mark, depending on the taker , the keeper either gets it or it goes just over!

corsing freekicks....:

all you gotta do is judge how hard you want to hit it & into what area you want it to go (eg. between 6 yard line & penalty spot) then press diagnally down on the control & the ball will swerve in that direction BUT ALSO HANG UP IN THE AIR FOR THAT EXTRA SECOND OR TWO.....it works pretty often....& it also works when you need to shoot from close range too.

free kicks out wide: I fire in low crosses and they often take a deflection or someone smashes them in
central free kicks: I am scoring a good few of them with Jenas even tho he isn't that great. Just use swerve: don't bother with up or down.

As for headers...

LOL, yeah, as for headers...
It's so stupid, the players start in a expected position and then they all walk to the opposite side of the goal (towards the kicker). It's just impossible to make a good cross, all you can do is press :circle: as fast as you can so that maybe you can hit it on someone's head... 'cause you can't call that a header :roll:

I've scored quite a few nice ones, using stevie G to cross it in. But usually its very hit and miss, half the time they run back the other way when you cross it :(

TOTALLY AGREE, PES5 AI sucks big time! Your team players get lost in the field, wether they walk way too much behind your line as you move forward making you wait forever (taking out surprise factor as well) or they just stay behind the defenders. How the hell do they think they're going to score like that!!! Come on KONAMI fix this, I tell you guys I am switching to FIFA 06.

I have scored from freekicks around the box a few times. it aint impossible.

yes when you get a free kick straight at the side of the box, the players are already in the box.
But from the areas on the front of the box it almost impossible. It silly to see the walk around like idiots.

i've never scored direct from so many free kick as I have in pes5, but yeah, konami have continued their messing up of set pieces (esp throw ins - which almost always end up with the opponent getting possession)

i know a way to ruin the free kick of an opponent. Just open the offside trap and all players clutch around the wall rofl.

Back
Top Bottom