French National Team "Rendez-Vous in Germany"

Re: French National Team "The 4 Missions for the World Cup 2006"

Zizou ia out for 3 weeks with a thigh injury.

ghazi said:
Zizou ia out for 3 weeks with a thigh injury.

Yes and don't play the Lyon vs Real :roll:
I hope Zizou back for Switzerland vs France

Does anyone else feel that Zidane does not get the ball passed to him enough? He's the kind of player that needs it all the time in order to function well, everything has to go through him or nothing at all (you can't expect him to just do something over and over everytime he gets it for example, he plays slowly building up).

But the majority of French players were not passing him it enough, and it wasn't because of better options (Sagnol long balls to the opposition goalkeeper and Vieira passing back to the defense).

What do you lot think?

I know that when he plays for Real Madrid that this problem does not exist at all so it's strange when I watch him play for France after the retirement.

In one of the matches with France he was begging for the ball to be passed to him, in this match he got mad when he didn't get the ball and also kicked it at halftime unhappy.

David Trezeguet (Injury), Patrick Vieira (Injury), Willy Sagnol (suspended), Thierry Henry (Injury) and Lilian Thuram (Injury) out for Switzerland vs France :eek:

Scholes18 said:
what is your defence gonna be like

I think Reveillere, Squillachi, Boumsong & Gallas

now i hope Evra comming for sub Thuram in the group
and a defense like that : Reveillere, Boumsong, Gallas & Evra

Not at all, if France kept passing the ball to him then all the opposition would need to do is mark him out of the game.

cigol said:
Does anyone else feel that Zidane does not get the ball passed to him enough? He's the kind of player that needs it all the time in order to function well, everything has to go through him or nothing at all (you can't expect him to just do something over and over everytime he gets it for example, he plays slowly building up).

But the majority of French players were not passing him it enough, and it wasn't because of better options (Sagnol long balls to the opposition goalkeeper and Vieira passing back to the defense).

What do you lot think?

I know that when he plays for Real Madrid that this problem does not exist at all so it's strange when I watch him play for France after the retirement.

In one of the matches with France he was begging for the ball to be passed to him, in this match he got mad when he didn't get the ball and also kicked it at halftime unhappy.

Group for the two last games, Franck Jurietti first selection and possible the last.

GK :
Grégory Coupet (Lyon)
Mickaël Landreau (Nantes).

DF :
Jean-Alain Boumsong (Newcastle/ENG)
William Gallas (Chelsea/ANG)
Franck Jurietti (Bordeaux)
Anthony Réveillère (Lyon)
Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich/GER) Suspended first game
Sébastien Squillaci (Monaco)
Lilian Thuram (Juventus/ITA).

MD :
Vikash Dhorasoo (Paris-SG)
Alou Diarra (Lens)
Claude Makelele (Chelsea/ANG)
Florent Malouda (Lyon)
Patrick Vieira (Juventus/ITA)
Zinédine Zidane (Real Madrid/SPA).

ST :
Djibril Cissé (Liverpool/ANG)
Ludovic Giuly (FC Barcelona/ESP)
Sidney Govou (Lyon)
Peguy Luyindula (Auxerre)
Sylvain Wiltord (Lyon)

Suspended :
Fabien Barthez (Marseille)

Injury :
David Trezeguet (Juventus/ITA)
Thierry Henry (Arsenal/ENG)
Lilian Thuram (Juventus/ITA)
Jonanthan Zebina (Juventus/ITA)

Last edited:

where does tonights result leave france for automatic qualification?

Very Hard game again

Switzerland : 1 (Thuram o.g 80')
France : 1 (Cissé 53')

if Switzerland win in Ireland 0 - 1, France need beat Cyprus 5 - 0

COMON IRELAND !!!!!!!

Last edited:
Re: French National Team "COMON IRELAND !!!"

i hope France go out, they have been awful and lacklustre in WC 2002 and Euro 2004, and France not qualifying for Germany 2006 would be very funny !

Burak_FB1907 said:
i hope France go out, they have been awful and lacklustre in WC 2002 and Euro 2004, and France not qualifying for Germany 2006 would be very funny !

They've been good for the euro, remember that they've lost against euro winners ;) I remember a pretty intense game against england :p
Plus, be sure that they will qualify, no matter what you say.

Burak_FB1907 said:
Yes, so true.
LOL
LMAO
ROTFL

Anyway, The Swiss team played a very good game tonight, 'Les Bleus' were totally useless in first half (exclude Makelele maybe).
That's the first time i've seen that many longs balls from ours players , Kick n' Rush style !
Actually, the result is not that bad.

Totally agree with you, Thomas :

30px-Ireland_flag_large.png
¡ C'mon Ireland !
30px-Ireland_flag_large.png

Ps : Oh yep a last thing, no nightmare scenario remake like Bulgaria 93' next wednesday.
Thanks.

Platini, Blanc and Deschamps says : why Peguy Luyindula and why not Yohan Micoud, Robert Pires and Nicolas Anelka

I think Donemech is finish after the France vs Cyprus and Deschamps will be a great coach. :)

ThomasGOAL said:
I think Donemech is finish after the France vs Cyprus and Deschamps will be a great coach. :)

I m tottaly agree with this way of thinking, but do you really think French football federation will fire domenech?

(Pense tu vraiment que les preferences des joueurs vont etre ecouté?
pense tu que la fff vas virer comme ca un type qui W pour eux (espoir...etc...) depuis si longtemps?
Pense tu que deschamps est dans les bon papier de la fff?)

:(

I never understood why players like Micoud and Steed Malbranque never got chances with the national team.

Was Domenech the coach for France in the last Euros??

Milanista said:
Isnt Malbranque Belgian?
7894.jpg

Born in Belgium, but french by his both parents from Lyon.
He said wanted to play for belgium only because he's very frustrated to not be in the A team.
Unfortunatly for him, he don't play for Arsenal or Man.Utd but 'just' for Fulham...
______
C'mon you boys in green !
ft-trefle_ang.jpg

ghazi said:
I never understood why players like Micoud and Steed Malbranque never got chances with the national team.

Was Domenech the coach for France in the last Euros??

Malbranque, no i don't think, but Micoud, Ismael, Frey, Pires and Anelka need go in.

It's Santini

YES YOU 're RIGHT MILANESTA!!!

ALLEZ LA SUISSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done France, finally a good performance.

Zidane set the mood when he struck from way out (45 yards) in the opening of the half and the finished with 4 goals to their name. But the truth is they could have had ten times that if they had better finishers on the team, particularly Cisse who although playing particularly well with the ball and getting into positions lacked the technique on the ball to score seemingly EASY chances for a striker at that level.

FRANCE : 4 (Zidane 29', Wiltord 32', Dhorasoo 44', Guily 84')
CYPRUS : 0

Zidane back in great level, Cissé make the more poor game in Bleu.
France can win 6 or 7 - 0 with Henry or Trezeguet.

France booked their ticket to 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™
zidane.jpg

France 4 - 0 Cyprus
(Zidane 29', Wiltord 31', Dhorasoo 43', Giuly 84')

Rating
Coupet : 5,5
Sagnol : 6
Thuram : 6,5
Boumsong : 5,5
Gallas : 6
Vieira : Not Rated
(A.Diarra, 25' : 6)
Dhorasoo : 7
Zidane (cap) : 7,5 :king:
Govou : 6
(Jurietti, 94')