Frisk - immediate retirement/ A tool of UEFA?!?!

Frisk, a tool or not.

• Yes.

Votes: 13 68.4%
  • No.

Votes: 6 31.6%

• Total voters
Re: Anders Frisk Immediate Retirement

knh4 said:
Its for the good of the game. Hes a right prick anyway!
knh4 said:
Frisk is qualified to be a referee, im not!
knh4 said:
As long as it worked its fine with me. next?
knh4 said:
So is Frisk but you seem to have a soft spot for him.

that's nonsense man, simple statements without any arguments. maybe you can explain us why this referee is a stupid prick. oh and thank you for telling us that you're not qualified for a referee.

regarding the amount of quality posts you deliver, you may rather be qualified for a window-cleaner, eh? you should better stop those worthless one-sententence posts because you obviously have no clue.

cheers

julien said:
that's nonsense man, simple statements without any arguments. maybe you can explain us why this referee is a stupid prick. oh and thank you for telling us that you're not qualified for a referee.

regarding the amount of quality posts you deliver, you may rather be qualified for a window-cleaner, eh? you should better stop those worthless one-sententence posts because you obviously have no clue.

cheers
Well thank f*ck for that. Someone else sees that you're talking out your arse, knh4.

Well said, julien :applause:.

Those are my personal opinions just as you have yours and if you cant seem to accept it then shove em up your arse.

This is supposed to be a discussion forum. Discussions are fed by arguments i can't say i've read one valid argument by knh4 and it seems that i'm not the only one.But i guess your avatar says it all...

Of course Mourinho (and Rijkaard???) is to blame.
If UEFA or FIFA really want to protect their referees they sanction both Chelsea and Barcelona for what happened. As much as i admire Mourinho as a coach and as much i was thrilled by that beautifull match, it was only football...those treats are far more serious than any football match.

I really like Chelsea but one could consider if they shouldn't be disqualified after what happened now. I know a few idiots are to blame but one could pose the question if Mourinho's (and Rijkaards???) behaviour wasn't an incitement to them???

Oh and Frisk made a couple of mistakes lately, but to me he was a fine ref...

Look mate i just gave my personal opinion of the guy but some people seemed to take it as a personal insult.

this is getting out of hand!
Volker Roth, the head of the referees in UEFA said that "People like Mourinho are enemys of Football" and publicaly accused Mourinho of being responsible of Frisk retirement! Volker Roth also said that they are considering a strike!

Mourinho replied. He said that he demandeds and apology from Volker Roth, or they would meet in civil court!

It was me who put in the death threats. Really though its stupid he was just doing his job and made mistakes.

I think Frisk's main problem is that he kinda makes a big show out of things in the pitch which pisses off the fans, especially those who belive he's intentionally pooping on other teams. His expression and the way he pulls out the cards the way he sends off players and how he sometimes treats them, a bit overdramatic.
But it could be just me.

What you say could be true lumlum (although i don't agree) but that never justifies death treats.
This is getting bigger. UEFA referees are considering actions and there is talk about a license for coaches. Actions like Mourinho's could lead to the withdrawall of licenses. Sounds a very good idea to me. People like Mourinho should realise that there nutters who could be incited to do crazy things...

I wasn't saying it justifies death threats, nothing does, but I'm saying that already crazy football fans might be pushed over the edge because of such behaviour which might explain the death threats he gets even though he isn't the first ref to be involved in controversy.

Frisk - A tool of UEFA?!?!

IMO, I think UEFA just want to use Frisk's case as a tool to against Chelsea or Mourinho who has criticised them before.

Frisk, definitely is NOT a good referee. Suprised he has been labeled as one of the best referee in Euro. IMO, Collina is the BEST!!

Re: Frisk - A tool of UEFA?!?!

metal jason said:
IMO, I think UEFA just want to use Frisk's case as a tool to against Chelsea or Mourinho who has criticised them before.

This is not about Mourinho or Chelsea this about a man who has got death treats because he did his job. I don't know how you would feel if somebody (and of course anonimously) would treaten you merely because you try to do your job.

This is about Mourinho (but not about Chelsea) because all the things Mourinho said about Frisk. If Mourinho is honest with himself, he knows he was way out of line in this one. He said these things for two reasons:
1 to influence the ref in the home leg
2 to create and us "versus the rest of the world" atmosphere, i.e. to motivate his players for this extremely important and difficult second leg.

He could never have known that some nutters would be incited to make death treats, but still he was out of line...
Football is getting more and more about winning no matter at what costs...

The life of one person is indefinitely more important than whatever silverware whichever team can win.
Mourinho could consider apologising to Frisk.

Why all this talk about Mourinho we here just as bad by pundits on various shows every week so are they to blame for inciting too?

I wasn't a big fan of his tbh, heard he took drama lessons and you can tell why, the way he prances about brandishing cards and seems to do it rather annoyingly.

However for what happened to him and his family is terrible.

For me Mourinho is one huge tit anyway, can't stand the guy one little bit. Biggest hypocrite I can ever remember in football.

FD

Thursday, March 17, 2005
Mourinho cleared of forcing Frisk out
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has been cleared by UEFA over claims that he was responsible for the retirement of referee Anders Frisk.

Jose Mourinho in the Nou Camp. (MikeEgerton/Empics)
Mourinho has been heavily criticised, with suggestions that his berating of Frisk's performance in Chelsea's Champions League tie at Barcelona sparked the threats which prompted the referee to quit the game.
rijkaard_me_e.jpg

However UEFA have now confirmed that on that precise accusation Mourinho has no case to answer.

UEFA director of communications William Gaillard said: 'UEFA have never said that Mourinho caused Frisk to resign.

'This is a big logical jump. All we're saying is that some statements from managers and players are misconstrued by the public at large who are not mentally stable.'

The behaviour of the former Porto boss remains under investigation, however, and his conduct in Barcelona will be considered by UEFA's control and disciplinary body next Thursday, March 24.

Mourinho suggested that Frisk met with Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard in his dressing room at half-time in the first leg of Chelsea's last-16 tie at the Nou Camp.

Frisk chose to retire after his family's safety was called into question by the anonymous threats.

Chelsea are facing possible fines for failing to show for the Nou Camp post-match press conference and for sending their players out late for the second half of a game they lost 2-1, before turning the tie around at Stamford Bridge.

'It was never Mourinho's intention to whip up feeling against Frisk, but we would ask all managers to be careful and refrain from making these statements,' said Gaillard.

'No-one at UEFA has linked Mourinho's comments with the resignation of Anders Frisk.

'This is not on the agenda for our next executive committee meeting, but I'm sure there will be a general discussion on how we can protect referees.'

Gaillard's statement is a sign of UEFA's desire to improve relations with Chelsea after a difficult period.

European football's governing body yesterday distanced themselves from comments made by their head of refereeing Volker Roth.

The German has been widely quoted as describing Mourinho as an 'enemy of football', although UEFA feel his comments were misinterpreted.

UEFA seem ready to renew their previously solid working relationship with the Londoners ahead of tomorrow's Champions League draw.

Gaillard added: 'Of course we want to have a good relationship with Chelsea.

'No-one becomes a pariah. When the Chelsea delegation come for the draw tomorrow they will warmly received by us.'

Meanwhile, Iain Dowie has come to the defence of Mourinho, claiming he is football's friend.

The Crystal Palace manager will face Mourinho for the second time this season when he takes the Eagles to Chelsea on Saturday.

Dowie said: 'We have had managers talk about referees since time immemorial. I don't think we should lose sight of what Jose has achieved as a manager.

'I don't think he is an enemy of football. I think the opposite. He is a manager who is absolutely serious about his art. I have found Mourinho very respectful.'

juventus11 said:
Thursday, March 17, 2005
All we're saying is that some statements ......... are misconstrued by the public..........who are not mentally stable.

Damn right :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

its a disgrace that a ref has had to quit because of mindless idiots that aside how much more c**p is Mr Mourinho going to get away with, are Chelsea paying the Uefa wages if that was a so called smaller club like say celtic...ajax,,ect they would have got hammered by Uefa.

and its typical Uefa 1 rule for the rich another for the rest as for HIM he is as has been said he is a enemy of football.

Back
Top Bottom