Frustrated: I've had to drop down to 3 Star Level...Help.

JohnnyUSA

League 2
5 August 2004
- I've played PES since #2 and FIFA way before that and this is the hardest transition I've had to make! Anyone else feeling this!? I used Chelsea on 6 Star and it seems like I'm stuck in the mud...it's not that I'm getting scored on but rather I can't get into the attacking setup and when I do!...it all goes to sh!t! fast...these bastrds are right ontop of ya! I can barely get the ball and look to pass - is this a bit too much difficulty ? Also when I hit the speed burst button it seems to delay...maybe it's me...also when I finally do get a break I get hauled down - no card mind you....

ANY SUGGESTIONS!? ANY HELP HINTS?

hm why dont you just play on 4 stars?
if you re fine with that .then it should be ok

Well you shoudnt have started playin with 6 stars (if thats what you did), start playin with 3 stars, when you feel that you can kick their ass easily move to 4 stars and so on. You'll have to get used to the new gameplay style first.
I did that now i dnt have that much trouble scoring against 5 stars and 6 stars.

I feel it brothers! I had to go down to 1 star to find my shooting boots again, then to 2 star and now on 3 star. Not feeling brave enough for 4, 5, 6 yet.

crayon said:
I feel it brothers! I had to go down to 1 star to find my shooting boots again, then to 2 star and now on 3 star. Not feeling brave enough for 4, 5, 6 yet.
Exactly! Man it's frustrating - I thought I could walk right back into 6 Star ...but no way...I can barely get an attack on 6....Oh well...I'll have to refine my game in the mud leagues for a bit before I can get back to the top.
Thx

whenever i get a new WE game, i try 3 stars first...even though i've been on 5 stars in the previous instalment.
This is even more needed for WE9.
My 1st game on 3 stars, i drew 1:1. then lost a few 1:0 and drew 0:0.
First win was 1:0, then later it was 2:0. Biggest win was 3:0
Now I'm losing once in 4 games only

funny.. when i play on 6 stars... sometimes i get alot of attacks... sometimes the ai defending is just too good.. once i played man utd vs aston villa... i had 10 shots on target, all saved, game ended 0-0

I think you should start on hardest level and learn to play that way.
It is only hard to score on 6 stars but i never feel like i am going to lose as comp never scores i just draw games as i cant score but when i learn to it will be too easy again as always.

I always try the latest WE with 3 stars(out of respect, you know:)). It is the hardest transition for me too(The hardest before was WE7 and the easiest was WE8LE), but I moved up to 5 and 6 stars rather quickly thinking when 3 stars is this hard, it wouldn't be much harder with even more stars. I guess it was a good move, but not without some gripes. I don't complain about COM's defence in 6 stars, but it is COM's attack that makes me frustrated oftentimes - its performance in 1-on-1 situation and header from cross is just impossible and simply superhuman(Come on Konami, that is not difficulty; that is CHEATING). Even so, I think I'm making some progress. I even managed to win by 3-0 once, but usually I draw with no or one goal.

Its funny, Konami will never get it right because there is no right. its either too easy or too hard.

My advice would be to not think about scoring all the time. Just try to keep possession for as long as possible and pass around, eventually an oppurtunity will create itself

well i used to be comfortable at 3 star. On this however, im finding it hard to do anything. Opposition players seem faster than mine even though ive baught some of the fastest around. Every time i tackle a player or go near them it results in a freekick.

Frustrating isnt the word!!

Ronaldinho88 said:
My advice would be to not think about scoring all the time. Just try to keep possession for as long as possible and pass around, eventually an oppurtunity will create itself

Great advice. This is the best way to open up the cpu. Try spreading the ball from one side to the other, then working the wings, use ur central midfielders (or OMF/DMF) to direct the flow of the game, works for me on 5*.

Im on 3 stars to i just lost to Columbia in the semies of the world cup they scored withthe last kick of the game in extra time

embraceuk1 said:
I think you should start on hardest level and learn to play that way.
It is only hard to score on 6 stars but i never feel like i am going to lose as comp never scores i just draw games as i cant score but when i learn to it will be too easy again as always.

yeah .. u should always start on the highest level. learn to keep posession, find openings, then go on to scoring! just like in real football!

just imagine you are in a real game of football. don't try and run the ball all the time, play simple quick passing and open up some space for your forwards to run into. i couldn't even manage 3 stars at first, had to drop to 2. now im playing on 6 stars and its excellent.

just had a 3-3 draw against newcastle, all 3 of their goals from fast breakaways, was a great feeling to pull the game back from 2-0 down and then later 3-2 down. i can't ever remember being challenged like this on we8, you have to work to create chances and defend, and im finding it great.

Forget the older versions, this one has come the closest to 'real' football. Yes it still has things that can be improved, but at least it makes you think about opening up a defence or defending in a more controlled manner. I started off with loads of fouls, now I get few in a game, but I wish Konami had left the speed of the shooting aloan, anyone new to the WE/PES series may find it too sensitive. Just keep playing the way the guys have said and your levels will go up

This is definately the hardest version yet & i think that's good thing. Even on 3 stars the game is tough - i got to the final on the Konami cup with Spain & playing against Brazil, i had to replay it about 4 times to beat them cos they were too tough - if i scored, they'd level & then win on pens or i kept losing on a penalty shootout. Eventually i scored the only goal with 5 mins to go & held out - you really have to use the full range of passes - short, long, through ball etc to develop your game; then you really start appreciate the depth of the gameplay. The only problem is not being able to use all the screen etc cos its in Japanese.

Back
Top Bottom