Full Match Videos

Try to use winavi -> www.winavi.com so you can compress the video with many settings :D

SCP vs SLB, I want to see that game PLF. I´m from Lisbon and my club is SLB!

Maybe you could save size by turning off the entrance etc.

And when you compress it should make ths size alot lower, also when you RAR it, it will take the size down even more.

darkghoul said:
It's PES 4 PC, and there was a FIFA commentary patch posted in this forum but now i can't find it anywhere. I also use Obsession patch which still is on the boards. Do a search and you'll find it.

Thanks a lot!

PLF said:
Wow.... just had a classic match!

Benfica vs. Sporting Lisbon

Won't tell you results.. it was one hell of a match though.. Liedson and Douala's speed bothered Benfica all night while Simao was a headache and Everson doing well when he came on as well as Manuel Fernandes perhpaps man of match as he was so effective!!

Damn.. it's 188MB though! Now i'm gonna try to compress to see how much it'll become and then upload later to somewhere, if anybody would like to do it for me after compressions.. tell me.

But there is no sound recorded with the video? Too bad. :(

kingpug said:
Maybe you could save size by turning off the entrance etc.

And when you compress it should make ths size alot lower, also when you RAR it, it will take the size down even more.
Hmmm... I don't think RAR will change it much more that a couple of percent, if that.

@PLF - have you tried capturing directly using VirtualDUB? I think you can set the codec and have it compress on-the-fly. I don't have a .avi capture card, so I've never got it to work. Here's a faq list for capturing with vdub: http://www.virtualdub.org/docs_capture
You can find other docs there, too, of course.

this is a good thread. i've been thinking of doing some things.

i wanna record my game as i play it as well; but i want a tool that doesn't slow down my framerates as i play,is this possible? and what tool software should i use other than fraps and taksi as those both slow down my framerate. This is for WE8PC btw. After i'm done i plan on making highlights without using the ones from saved replays;but actual gameplay.

so what i need:

tools&software - i own movie maker and adobe series

where to upload - rapidshare is a possibility.

thanks guys-this is to preview my gameplay patch i've been working on and updates and such.

peace
m.l

Matt10 said:
this is a good thread. i've been thinking of doing some things.

i wanna record my game as i play it as well; but i want a tool that doesn't slow down my framerates as i play,is this possible? and what tool software should i use other than fraps and taksi as those both slow down my framerate. This is for WE8PC btw. After i'm done i plan on making highlights without using the ones from saved replays;but actual gameplay.

so what i need:

tools&software - i own movie maker and adobe series

where to upload - rapidshare is a possibility.

thanks guys-this is to preview my gameplay patch i've been working on and updates and such.

peace
m.l
I haven't tried yet, but Darkghoul said above: "I recorded on 640*480 resolution and it didn't slow the game down."

Movie maker works fine for making little "web" movies. Very intuitive and easy to use (I think, I haven't used it extensively - actually, I'm surprised it's a Microsoft product - it actually seems useful :lol: )
Rapidshare works good for me, but some people complain about it (not sure why?) Check this: http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=22443 for alternatives.

Hi guys, a little update on my situation.

@Vince, I didn't know I can use VirtualDub as a RECORDING program instead of TVR, I thought it was just for editing the video and stuff but i'll have a look and see if that's possible with my TV tuner and everything.

@Tributa, no sorry dude there is no sound on it but it aint bad to watch.. i just watched it once over and liked it but maybe it's cuz I still have memory of how fun it was playing it and what a tight match it was.

Okay like I said now my file is 188MB and is actually 21 MIN!! :shock: even though I play on 10 min matches and reason for this is, the entrance and cut-scenes and stuff is in the middle plus extra-time ;) (I had to give it away ;) ).

anyways I've tried compressing this with both VirtualDub and the program Notty suggested without success. A few times after choosing what type of compression and doing it with VirtualDub, I ended up with a BIGGER file like 350MB! :shock:

WinAvi, gave me trouble throughout and kept crashing or not finishing the conversion process and pissed me off while once it did and it ended up with bigger file again!

I'm kinda out of ideas.. I did manage to get it down to 75MB with a different compression method in Virtual Dub but then quality went down too much and since it's a small screen and I play on Widecam, it's better if it keeps at least same quality I have right now on 188MB file because if you remember I already told you guys it's ONLY 188MB because I chose options to make quality okay but very small size. I could record with much better quality but then the size we would want to convert would be nowhere near 188MB so we'll have to do with this for now.

Take care and thanks for all advice/help.

Sound isnt a big deal at all really, anyway the best codec to compress with is, imo DivX, although it barely worked for me, it seems to be the best.

You have to adjust the settings etc, like how you want the quality to be and all that, I aint good on the subject so I aint got a clue.

Here is a site full of videos, maybe you can join the forums and ask people what they do - http://www.own-age.com

i'm pretty close to registering with FRAPS; all the other programs i've tried downloading don't compare to it in the sense of just recording what i want and exactly how it appears in game.the 40 dollar price tag is iffy though,i'm not sure. i'm here in thailand and there is alot of software pirated out here but i dunno if i want to get any of it ,but i have to make a decision because i'm going back to the states on saturday- if any of you knwo any othe software similar to fraps, the simplicity is basically wat i'm looking for.please tell me-thanks in advance.

peace
m.l

PLF said:
anyways I've tried compressing this with both VirtualDub and the program Notty suggested without success. A few times after choosing what type of compression and doing it with VirtualDub, I ended up with a BIGGER file like 350MB! :shock:
Sounds strange - maybe you added frames to make more fps?
The simplest things would be:

1. try MovieMaker in WinXP - or WindowsMediaEncoder in previous Windoze versions - just use defaults and make a .wmv file
  2. try the default settings of the XVID codec in VDUB - or maybe some other proggy, like radtools, that can encode the vid. I prefer VDUB, but it can seem a little "unweildy" at times.
Have fun!

Windows Movie Maker is a good tool but only works for me if my Video is small like under 10MB otherwise if its larger when I import.. it doesn't let me drag and drop it to story board and if i copy and paste it to one of those squares.. it crashes.

Anyways what are some good sites for video hosting like we had with SoftLab since that's gone now.

I have a SWP compilation i just made.. nothin special.. but a few touches here and there that I'd like it's 10MB

yeah those aren't specifically for videos though I mean when you open themn up.. they wont open in media player.. like Softlab did but will have to download and open..anyways it doesn't matter.. i think i'm gettin confused :)

Here's SWP compilation (there is sound, just not match sound) ;)
http://www.evo-league.com/files/SWP.wmv

PLF said:
Windows Movie Maker is a good tool but only works for me if my Video is small like under 10MB otherwise if its larger when I import.. it doesn't let me drag and drop it to story board and if i copy and paste it to one of those squares.. it crashes.

If you're interested in pursuin WMM2 a little more here's lots of info: http://www.eicsoftware.com/PapaJohn/MM2/MM2.html

Did you know you can capture directly in MM2, as well? ;)

Here's a goal by one of the best strikers I've ever seen in my life!!

The amazing Fred who scored his 36th goal in 36 matches a few days ago in real life!

Fred like real life

Thanks for the links posted. I wanted to get some of these to see how do people play, to learn new ways to play and so on. I usualy play with 1 or to friend so i don't have the chance to see many different styles and qualities of play.

darkghoul said:
Milan vs Inter

Anyone have any requests of a particular match they wanna see?

If possible, matches played with PLF data, with these national teams: Argentina, Brasil, France, England, Holland, Italy.

(I usually play against two friends using France, but i'm missing Zidane and Pires, so i'm trying with England, i find it really hard to win against one of my friend who plays with Argentina, he usually beats me roughly 5-6 matches each 7 matches played), thanks again.

im not that good ;) jus kiddin I'm quite good nothing special hehe.. but maybe i'm not as good as i can be cuz i like to play realistic game.. not makin like 500 passes in 1 min with every player passing as soon as he gets ball to kinda look like pinball.

Anyways guys in next few days I'll try to get some full matches from my PLF Data'ed game ;) as i found a good way to have a full match at around 150MB which is very good and with high resolution AND quality! :D

Uploading will have to be done to megaupload probably though and still a lot for someone to d/l! :shock:

i have to say that SWP compilation wasn't too good in my opinion. the quality of the video and movement was well done though; other than that i guess i didn't like the content.

Anyway,i'm working on my full match vid right now-been compressing and recompressing, vidub won't compress .wmv files so i've had to go into movie maker and compress to .avi then back to .wmv after compressing the .avi with vidub. What is the best file size, or rather the typical file size of a full match video with sound,intro and endings? Mine compressed to about 120mb, is that too much or too little?The resolution is 640x480 and FPS is 30 ( just like in-game ) if I bump it down to say like 20mb the quality went down in resolution and FPS.

peace
m.l

lol you can barely call it a compilation man.. it's like 3 clips and was worked on for like 4 mins with a guy who's practically a newb.

So when i call it a compilation dont let it fool you and think its some HOT shit edited all nicely and everything ;)

But the point was just to see what SWP is now capable of and how he looks in game.. :D

Take care

yea thats wat i figured. its not like i knew what i was getting into,haha. either way, at least he's learning, just like me. this compression thing is hard, i think 120mb is okay, but now i've got some bad background noise...

peace
m.l

yeah i dont worry about noise.. mine is without audio anyways and using virtualDub i just figured out a way to capture video with it and compress automatically with full match with entrance and cut-scenes coming up to about 150MB with GOOD Quality and standard resolution so not small. I'm excited about it but still is anyone gonna download ?? it's still quite a lot.

Well i've got mine down to 286 MB, combined 4 vids recorded with fraps: intro - 46mb,1half-398,2half-468,end-9mb all into one mpeg = 286mb with no loss of quality with sound. I'm going to try to convert that mpeg now. So far so good using Super Video Converter to convert from .avi to mpeg.

peace
m.l

forget that, i figured out what i was doing wrong: final product = 94mb, pretty good quality with sound and intro-ending-added an mp3 for highlights as well. here's the link from mega upload, i dunno where else to upload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=33LNGR0A

it's not much, just a league match versus Levante (i'm Albecete). I dunno much bout spanish soccer, but i enjoy it on WE8 and this can be used as a preview of what my gameplay patch is like when you play some games,its much different gameplay than the default.i'm not a great player, but i'm not bad either, was trying out a new crossing system, screwed me up a little, but played a good game eitherway-0kay enjoy.

peace
m.l

PLF said:
yeah i dont worry about noise.. mine is without audio anyways and using virtualDub i just figured out a way to capture video with it and compress automatically with full match with entrance and cut-scenes coming up to about 150MB with GOOD Quality and standard resolution so not small. I'm excited about it but still is anyone gonna download ?? it's still quite a lot.

I'm downloading any match video i can get. By the way, some comments:
As far as i can see most people intention is to watch technical skill, gameplay, find out playing mistakes, and so on. In that case video quality is not that important, as far as it is good enough to show gameplay issues. Even no need for sound (low quality mono should be enough if someone wants to have it for "ambientation" reason or something).

As far as i know the most popular, high compression video codecs available today are divx (www.divx.com) and/or xvid. There are lots of info. on how to use them, but haven't hade time lately to try to make some videos myself. Just a few, not so good tries a few month ago with taksi (but the game was jerky while recording and therefore not smooth video playback, which i think is very important to fully apreciate gameplay).

I have seen your SWP movie, and Bayer Vs. Juve 2º time video posted by Bubba, (downloading the others right now) both have enough quality to see what i was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom