Funny Article on the EPL.

Goal No. 6: Pick a team that's successful enough to crack Channel 613 from time to time and will avoid the ignominy of getting kicked out of the EPL. And by the way, that can happen. At the end of every season, the bottom three teams are relegated to the second division, with the top three teams from the second division getting called up. (Imagine if baseball did this?) You don't want to be stuck with a team that gets relegated. So that factored in more than anything else.

o my fucking god...

what a tool :spid:

Reading -- The ultimate Cinderella story: They were recently elevated to EPL status for the first time in 135 years. Unfortunately, they have no fans -- I probably got three e-mails making their case. I don't want to be stuck with the EPL version of the Arizona Cardinals.
Not many english people watch American TV....the only people who emailed were gloryhunting US "soccer" fans who only like Man Utd because they're shown on TV more than any other team

West Ham was prominently featured in the Elijah Wood movie about hooliganism ("Green Street Hooligans"). Again, I want to minimize the role of hooligans in my life -- it's been a productive three and a half decades without them and I'd like to keep the streak going.

This guy pisses me off - that whole film was fiction...

I've only read the first page but I bet he picks either Liverpool or Arsenal :roll:

Some other "facts"
- Apparently Arsenal ended a "long drought" of titles in 2004...
- The most famous Newcastle player to wear the #9 shirt was Hughie Gallacher, not Jackie Milburn
- The City of Manchester Stadium is actually rubbish

Last edited:
Portsmouth -- Reader comments included, "Blue-collar fans, blue-collar team, there are no executive boxes at their ground which means it's very rowdy and the club has no money" and "this place is down on the South coast for a reason -- it's a hell-hole and no matter how much money the team spends, it still stinks." I think that fails my vacation test.

What is this guy on!!!!

• Unintentional Comedy: They have a Kafka-reading, gigantic Dutchman of a coach named Martin Jol who (A) has brothers named "Cock" and "Dick" (I'm not making this up), and (B) apparently talks just like Goldmember (in the third Austin Powers movie). Now there's someone who needs to be in my life.

However that is funny.:lmao:

On Liverpool...
• Sponsor: Carlsberg Beer. I consider this a major negative. Carlsberg sucks.

• Most Hated Rival: Any of the London teams.

This guy has some facts correct, others he has no clue, how is Liverpools most hated team any team in London. !!! I also can't deal with the constant comparisons to baseball especially Fenway Park. How can a sponsor of a team have any bearing on who you support. Is this man Dick and Martin's brother? ;)

Last edited:
most hated = london teams? okay...good journalism, even if it is meant to be sarcastic.

Valmir said:
o my fucking god...

what a tool :spid:

Not many english people watch American TV....the only people who emailed were gloryhunting US "soccer" fans who only like Man Utd because they're shown on TV more than any other team

This guy pisses me off - that whole film was fiction...

I've only read the first page but I bet he picks either Liverpool or Arsenal :roll:

Some other "facts"
- Apparently Arsenal ended a "long drought" of titles in 2004...
- The most famous Newcastle player to wear the #9 shirt was Hughie Gallacher, not Jackie Milburn
- The City of Manchester Stadium is actually rubbish

he picked spurs, but it was all tounge in cheek. Valmir, I want you to put on the writers shoes, go write and article about which american baseball team you would support and why, like this guy has done, and then i will pick apart your knowledge of the game, the guy clearly states he got most of his information from emails... and the internet... how reliable can it be... i think its funny as hell...

bill simmons is my favourite sports writer in the USA imo. of course he doesn't care much about football, but if you catch some of his columns about another sport in his archive (when he's beeing "semi-serious" which he's not beeing in this article lol) you will get the point.

In a Nutshell: If London was the Corleone family, Manchester United was Sonny and Arsenal was Michael, then the Spurs would be Fredo with a little more street smarts … the name "Hotspur"

He pick hotspurs,they made part 2,3 and 4 about Michael you stupid prick, fever pitch is about Arsenal.Sport writers suck no clue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom