Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

rexrex said:
Get back on defense! Don't let the ball get to the goal.

i once had 4 on 4 with 2 multitaps.... it was crazy.. everyone were chasing the ball and out of positions

i agree that it could become really lame, but so could playing 2 players on the same team, if one person is just playing like an idiot.

the point is to have the option to play 11 vs. 11. or 10 vs. 10 with CPU GKs. imagine having 20 players who were serious and decent WE players, who would play their positions. with this i believe the best would be to keep the camera view with your player centered, not the ball. that way people can keep the shape of the formation etc. i think this would be massive and i would have no problem with playing as a defender.

it would be fun to explore the option to play as a single person more. (how many actually play this way in WE?) i used to play with 2 other friends with two of us playing fixed roles and the other playing the rest on the same team vs the cpu. it was pretty fun that way.

yeah it could become lame to play with so many players when everyone wants to chase the ball, but it's the same for playing in real life. if everyone just chases the ball it sucks, the best is to play with people who understand position and formation and the same is true for WE. no reason to limit the ability to play a true 11vs11 just because of the possibility that people will not play with intelligence.

Last edited:
foss said:
i agree that it could become really lame, but so could playing 2 players on the same team, if one person is just playing like an idiot.

the point is to have the option to play 11 vs. 11. or 10 vs. 10 with CPU GKs. imagine having 20 players who were serious and decent WE players, who would play their positions. with this i believe the best would be to keep the camera view with your player centered, not the ball. that way people can keep the shape of the formation etc. i think this would be massive and i would have no problem with playing as a defender.

it would be fun to explore the option to play as a single person more. (how many actually play this way in WE?) i used to play with 2 other friends with two of us playing fixed roles and the other playing the rest on the same team vs the cpu. it was pretty fun that way.

yeah it could become lame to play with so many players when everyone wants to chase the ball, but it's the same for playing in real life. if everyone just chases the ball it sucks, the best is to play with people who understand position and formation and the same is true for WE. no reason to limit the ability to play a true 11vs11 just because of the possibility that people will not play with intelligence.

sounds fun... and include voice communications...
defend! mark properly u @#%@... man ur shooting sux.. pass to me! im clear!.. centre quick!

I want players to start celebrating before the ball goes into the goal.

So if the player slides it past the keeper and it's 100% sure that it's gonna roll in the goal, I want the guy to start celebrating.

CapnKill said:
I want players to start celebrating before the ball goes into the goal.

So if the player slides it past the keeper and it's 100% sure that it's gonna roll in the goal, I want the guy to start celebrating.

yeah , players actually wait until it hits the net to celebrate, i think its lame, after its heading for goal they should start running to the fans

foss said:

I have enjoyed quite a few games with 2 or 3 friends where we played through a World Cup all on the same team with 1 guy as a CB, 1 in central midfield, 1 right of midfield and 1 as a striker. Winning the world cup in this fashion was a real buzz.

I was the Centre Back and was almost the pillar of the team who had to keep in position the most and deflect the opposition's attack (as per real life of course). I even managed a headed goal to win a Group Match when I was upfield for a corner kick.. was fantastic.

Also, when a game was in the dying seconds and the scores were level, it was cool to go forward and get in the box to try head in free kicks or corners. Just as you would in real life if you were a CB and your team needed a goal desperately.

Seabass has talked of it before, and I really do hope it becomes a reality sooner rather than later that hardcore players can get together and form teams for online play/leagues. But thats the big problem, if only the hardcore WE/PES players are going to actually use such a feature in online play.. why should Konami even bother..

d1matman said:
But thats the big problem, if only the hardcore WE/PES players are going to actually use such a feature in online play.. why should Konami even bother..

sadly i think it depends on the politics in the company. do you create a game to appeal to the lowest common denominator (thus make the most money), or do you create a game to satisfy the designer's vision. IMHO, FIFA seems to fit the prior while WE has seemed to stick to the latter philosophy. so i think SEABASS, based on what he has stated in interviews, is going to push for the truest football experience possible. and that includes true 11vs11 online play. (although i think 10vs10 is best with cpu GKs, until they come up with a better system for human GKs [perhaps 1st person view for the GK]).

Kind've taking it away from what PES is all about but a cool concept nevertheless:

You can create a player, choose a position, nationality etc and take him online and play in 22 player games. The better you do, you get to upgrade stats for your player, and get to play for better teams. So you start off playing in a team with players that have all equal sorts of stats, say in the 60 - 70s range.

As you upgrade your player, the teams you play in will be full of players with better stats (75 - 80s, 80s - 85s). You could have the top team in the world, full of the best players, with other players constantly trying to fight for a place in it. Online leagues, cups, tournaments.

All the while, you having your own individual player, trying to make it in the online football scene.

An awesome concept I think, a bit too far ahead for next gen consoles imo. But still, I'm hoping for it in the future :D

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Kind've taking it away from what PES is all about but a cool concept nevertheless:

You can create a player, choose a position, nationality etc and take him online and play in 22 player games. The better you do, you get to upgrade stats for your player, and get to play for better teams. So you start off playing in a team with players that have all equal sorts of stats, say in the 60 - 70s range.

As you upgrade your player, the teams you play in will be full of players with better stats (75 - 80s, 80s - 85s). You could have the top team in the world, full of the best players, with other players constantly trying to fight for a place in it. Online leagues, cups, tournaments.

All the while, you having your own individual player, trying to make it in the online football scene.

An awesome concept I think, a bit too far ahead for next gen consoles imo. But still, I'm hoping for it in the future :D

this is a great idea. kind of like a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) but in the world of football. i think this is entirely possible but first we need to pass the obstacle of reliable and smooth 22 player online play. this exists for 1st person shooters, they just need to put the development time to implement this into WE. some way to combine something like a Championship Manager with WE with World of Warcraft.

foss said:
this is a great idea. kind of like a MMOG (massively multiplayer online game) but in the world of football. i think this is entirely possible but first we need to pass the obstacle of reliable and smooth 22 player online play. this exists for 1st person shooters, they just need to put the development time to implement this into WE. some way to combine something like a Championship Manager with WE with World of Warcraft.

I think we're quite a few years off a dream scenario such as that. But it does make for fun conversation. I'm just waiting for the day Konami bites the bullet (hopefully with next-gen) and makes "Winning Eleven Football" a universal release globally (and scrap the name Pro Evolution Soccer). We need to unite the global Winning Eleven community online! before anything else. Meanwhile company executives would say, "but hey, we have two very successful franchise names here, why compromise our sales?" ... but you would hope the people with creative control still have pulling power to affect the much needed change.

And in summing up in simple fashion.. I'm an Aussie living in North America and I want to play against Japanese users. (PAL/NTSC/NTSC-J) .. I've just covered 3 regions in one sentence.. but who cares, let us play.

just imagine a goal keeeper mat.

you plug it in to the console and your the keeper on screen, in Firs person view

when you move on the mat, you move the keeper

how cool would THAT be!

MASTERLEAGUE:

I want to be able to move around from club to club if i ever get bored instead of starting again.
So they should allow job offers from other clubs doing poorly or even the chance of getting sacked if you dont win enough or get relegated.

I want there to be a proper transfer market buy and sell and even trade players full transfer lists etc.

The media is so involved these days it would be cool if there was media coverage of the weekly games they could talk about winning/losing streaks important cup games, transfers coaches leaving moving around etc. maybe starting to happen with nippon challenge in WE9. this is already being introduced into ESPN games in America.

I want the game to be more random.
I want players growth to change each time you play the game so you never know which players to instantly buy and maybe have a scouting feature.
Also when players retire randomise their names also so you dont know just to buy a young Maldini knowing he will become a great defender.

Players transfers Values should increase and degrease noticeable depending on how well they play and age.
Players could request tranfers and be happy or unhappy at clubs have agents to deal with.

The Masterleague needs so much work Konami stop worrying about Beckhams new hair or what boots hes wearing and fix the most enjoyable parts of the game its about time.

Instead of dreeaming for a 11 vs 11 multiplayers wouldnt it be more realistic and more fun to dream abour a massive multiplayer carrer mode ? woth each member in the community controlling a single club and take care of its faith, with transfers , relegations , changing clubs , manager sacking , newspapers ( taken care and updated by the comunity administrators ) champions league etc etc........ An online soccer community .

I want to see Football Manager merge with Winning Eleven, (Just like Anco's Player Manager (with kick off) on Amiga) and scrap master league and let us start from bottom of Division 2 or whatever and work your way up.

much better graphics, physics and support widescreen TV with higher resolution / progressive scan.

improve sound to take advantage of home cinema system.

use the rumble on joypad for passing, shooting and injuries and heartbeat pressure for penalty shoot out.

more teams, stadium and weather and effect like grass getting rip up over the season.

and make it only one version worldwide every season say September worldwide. They should include J-League in Winning Eleven games with European League.

I want to be able to pick up a team let say for example

Nottingham Forest from Division 1 and emulate Brian Clough by winning promotion to Championship, then Premier League then qualify for Europe and win European Champions League by beating Juventus in the final.

Master League also needs to be expanded to include the world of international football and not just club football. I guess at this point it stops becoming Master League and becomes something else with a 'football world' ring to it.

I have wanted a Multiplayer ML for years, where your mates could each have a team. But yes, the thought of online communities does have a huge appeal. I remember back in the FIFA99 days I played in a Modem League.. and half the fun was ICQ'ing or emailing someone with a trade offer and doing deals. Obviously with Winning Eleven the gameplay is the main attraction but having a living and breathing league with online gamers would be awesome. And I think to keep it all in check people would have to pay for a subscription, otherwise too many non-serious gamers creep in to such a setup.

The biggest changes will come in the form of graphics, sound and artificial intelligence.

As far as the ML, there is nothing the can do on the PS3 that they couldn't do on PS2. So far, they haven't been interested in making any bigger changes, therefore, I wouldn't expect to see them in the next-gen game.

-Players on the benches, subs warming up on the sidelines, coaches, linesmen, etc

-Special Abilities

Subdivide the direct play ability in direct pass and direct shoot

Implement more "mental" special abilities like for e.g.

Super Sub: A player that plays better coming off the bench than as a starter (van Hooijdonk)

-Real time: instead of having the option day or night, it would be better to have a range of time say 12 noon to 9pm, in this way the shadows in the stadiums would change and the light of the day would also change if I star playing a match at 5pm (daylight) after halftime I would be playing the match at sunset, and a few minutes later at night

-Players sweating gradually, spitting

-Bring Back Moving hair, ponytails

-Add 2 new appearence stats: a hair growth and beard growth stat (from 1 to 5)for cup, tournament and ML modes. The stats will use the player's default look as a starting point and depending o the value, the beard and the hair will grow up until a certain degree and then go back to it's dafault appearence.

Like Henry for e.g.- Hair growth ratio:3/ Beard growth ratio:2. Henry's Default looks will be a somewhat shaved hair and a shadowy beard (as usual)but then as a few games go by his hair will grow into a small afro look (like in euro 2000) and his beard will also grow but a little. A game after he will still have that small afro look, but surprise now he has shaved his beard! (default beard). It is only one game after that his hair returns to it's default value (got a haircut!). Other player's like Zidane, Ljungberg or van Nistelrooy will not let their hair grow further from their deafult appearence but allow their beards to grow more (All Hair growth ratio:1/beard growth ratio:3. Others like Kaka will always be clean shaven, bald players like Stam will never grow hair, etc,etc

-Bigger and thicker wristbands/ancklewraps (they disappear on wide cam)

-Implement some off season "abilities" in ML for certain players like gain weight (Ronaldo), etc

-Set a preferred foot also for fk's and pk's (Like Maldini for examplke, right footed,kicks penalties with his left foot) and implement a switchfoot button for players with opposite foot accuracy 5 or better for ck's/fk's/pk's (Ala Wesley Sneijder, Forlan, etc).

- Implement a preferred hand for gk's also. Not every left footed goalkeeper is left handed, like casillas or barthez who are right handed, for example, and viceversa.

Last edited:
hahah wow i nv tot of tat hair growing idea... and weight gain... seems fun to me...
all these features could be done in ps2 already... i doubt they will do it in ps3

A massive multiplayer online master league with transfers, newspapers etc.....

A whole comunity and if mecessary with a yearly fee.

That would defenitly f*ck up my normal life cause I would be sitting in front on my PS3 24/7.

well with High Definition textures even playing from wide camera angle (far away) details wont be lost like now happens . i expect that in PS3 / X360 players have dozens of individual running,shooting passing ect animations atleast all the best known stars maybe the 100 best known for starters and then increase the individuality for later installments of PES and WE for next generation consoles. also i want that there will be option for each stadium that enables players to choose the grass´s look ( like how the lines in the grass are vertical. horisontal. round...) the colour of the grass. also would it be possible to add more than one sound when kicking the ball when theres more space for data in the game disc...

Last edited:
Individual dribbling, this would solve peoples fears of skills because only people like ronnie and kaka etc can pull off character specific moves. Players who dont use moves in real lief wont get the option of using them

Commentry
Different commentary for Cups, i would prefer Motty for the cup and A.Gray and MArtin Tyler for league. Obvioulsey it has to be alot better in terms of how much and relevance.

Shirts that can be removed/torn with mud stains and blood staisn.

Visible injuries, bandages, blood, if a player starts bleeding after a wound has been bandaged he has to go on.

Matches where its called off due to bad light, snow, floodlight fail (should only happen 1 in 200 matches but would be a nice suprise)

Leagues - Swos style every league

Youth games
Reserve games

Random generator of youth players based on the clubs youth scheme, i.e man u have a vetter one than charlton.

End of season trips abroad, tournis sponsorship, the better your team the better the trip the more transfer money.

Wishes i know but oen day!

I just want serious management with real leagues
More stars difficult... more intelligent AI

And please make 7/8 minutes games! With 5 minutes there's no time to make goals and the players tire very early... 10 minutes you need a day to make a year in ML

omimiga said:
I just want serious management with real leagues
More stars difficult... more intelligent AI

And please make 7/8 minutes games! With 5 minutes there's no time to make goals and the players tire very early... 10 minutes you need a day to make a year in ML

10 min its still too short for me. i play my games in ML 15 min. i like to play around with the ball and then look for openings. when i play shorter games it makes me play more agressive, when i play agressive i rush too much and then nothin seems to work for me. i hate that especially when i play with my friends, everytime they win its bc they scored an early goal and we played 5 or 10 min game. 15 min games gives me that little extra time to prepare my attacks that end up with a good scoring chance and ofcourse it gives me more satisfaction rather than just tryin do whatever and hope to score a goal

Back
Top Bottom