Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

I don't find it hard to believe that the PS3 version would be technically better. I mean, it's usually a million-seller in Japan right? Are there a million 360's in Japanese homes?

Konami know where their bread is buttered with the WE franchise, IMO.

plus the game is built around the PS pad.

For liverpool fans i have some bad news, i called the club today to check whether there are any agreements with Konami etc. It seems that there is no such thing so i doubt they will be licensed in the game.

Gonna call konami Uk in a bit when i get the chance. Also waiting on an e-mail from BRIAN ASHCRAFT the japan-based editor for KOTAKU.

Alot of Japanese says "Winning Eleven" for PS2 and PS3 for August
i don't know if is official or not, but today i think we know more about the legendary game :)

Thanks suffdaddy for this information ;)

For liverpool fans i have some bad news, i called the club today to check whether there are any agreements with Konami etc. It seems that there is no such thing so i doubt they will be licensed in the game.

Thanks for this. I have never expected this to happen so not too disappointed. Shame really, as Liverpool are about to become the most famous team in European Football again in 9 days.

Surely, some whizzes on here will make patches though and then we can load by a USB key?

(Super Harry Kewell\\:o/ )

dont start the fanboy bull**** pls lets all be gratefull that konami r making a big effort :D

This thread is full of Sony Fanboys :mrgreen:

The 360 version will be the same in my opinion.

I'm thinking more like the Fifa games will be the same. WE on the other hand i think Konami want to use alot of that space on the dvd as they've been saying for years the space on the ps2 disc has limited them from going any furtehr. With the 360 they don't have the space but they DO have the power with Ps3 they have both... they will choose the easier storage capacity instead of trying to optimize and compress everything companies dev always do this as coding and just plain optimizing is a lot of time instead of just dumping stuff. EVEN past ps2 WE's have had other games information on them,

Top put it bluntly they are lazy and the ps3 is the perfect format for them to just dump all this info on

I'm thinking more like the Fifa games will be the same. WE on the other hand i think Konami want to use alot of that space on the dvd as they've been saying for years the space on the ps2 disc has limited them from going any furtehr.

Yeah but that was bullS^%t from nokami. WE games are 1,8GB and pes are 2,2GB on a 4,7 to 9,4 DL dvd?! Ill wait to see what they actually announce (and even then be cynical, remember the adriano "in game" images last year for 360?), as i find it hard to believe they would make the ps3 version 3x better then the 360 version. Unless, as mentioned, they meant the pes6 360 version vs pes7 ps3 version. Which would actually be kinda dissapointing when you consider how crap pes6 was.

Hopefully some comfirmed info wil be released shortly.

Just for information

Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on 360 = 6,32 Gb (thank Vialli for this information)
Winning Eleven 11 on PS3 = 18 Gb (Information from the Blog, fake or not ?)

it's exactly 3 times the size, so 3 times better about he size ?

Jsut called Konami UK, not too helpful apart from telling me what ThomasGOAL already told us that there will be information about the game in the coming weeks. He did say that the game will have more leagues. When i asked what he meant he said he couldnt tell me anymore.

Brian Ashcraft also replied, and he has been alot more helpful. I have copied his e-mail below.

On 13/05/07, Suffwan Eltom < *************@btinternet.com> wrote:
Dear Brian,

Hi Brian,

I was just wondering since you are based in Japan whether you could provide me with any news on Konami's Winning Eleven soccer game for the Playstation 3. I believe the game hasn't been given a final name due to the face that it's the 11th installment, so Winning Eleven 11 sounds funny! From what I have read in various forums the game should be released in August some point for the Playstation 3 and Playstation 2. Some news has come through from France saying that there will be some announcements either this week or next. Any information would be much appreciated. If you could get me screenshots i would be eternally grateful!!!!

Many Thanks and Appreciation,
Suff

-----------------------------------

Haven't heard much about it as Konami have kept it under wraps, but what i know is that the Playstation 3 has been their main focus and under development for the last two years. I imagine it will sell a ton in Japan. There should be some announcements about it this month and images too. Anything i find out, i'll post on Kotaku!
*B

if we get some offical info does it usually come with some screens ?

18GB? Mmm... I doubt it very much. Propably just uncompressed videos to fill the space up? If games like Gears of War can fit on a DVD9, then....

Anyway, can't wait for the news, lets hope it is good news for 360 fans and PS3 fans.

18GB? Mmm... I doubt it very much. Propably just uncompressed videos to fill the space up? If games like Gears of War can fit on a DVD9, then....
If Pro Evolution Soccer 6 on 360 (light version of the PS2) do 6,32 Gb, i think Winning Eleven 11 can up to 18 Gb

- More teams
- More and true Next Gen Stadiums
- High Def textures
- Maybe multilanguages commentarys and menus
- HD Sound (7.1 or DTS maybe)
- HD intro

it could be just protection because it takes long time to download 18 GB. dummy files, intro in 1080p pcm sound and weve got 18 GB.
if you look backj you will see how important is this release. i believe, that the are weorkin on new engine, b ut this means new engine for next 5 years like the PS2 based versions.

RUMOR

Seabass stop work with Konami for a DJ career :(

seabassdjit5.jpg

mybe it can also bring new games modes.... 11 vs 11 online !? that would be cool

Something I find very confusing is if we are talking about a new Winning Eleven or the new PES 7 ??
We have seen it before that WE was superior above PES.
It would be horrible if the Japanese get a superior WE and we get a PES which is far inferior to that....
The previous WE was not playable on my PS3 due to region restrictions :(

What do you guys expect:
Will this rumour be about the PES as well?
Will the new WE region-free?

Back
Top Bottom