Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

BK_83

World Class
7 June 2003
singapore
after i've seen the ps3 technological demonstrations from gamespot website, one word; WOW

the CELL chip's physics is almost as real as you can imagine it. The rubber duck demo shows the cloth on the ship behaves like real cloth and the collision detection is just perfect.... theres another demo about facial detail... and omg, u can even see the pores on the character's face!

so i kept imagining what would it be if konami utilises these features on future winning eleven series... number of things i can forsee:

1) Ultra realistic goal nets, corner flags.... or maybe even jerseys/hair!
2) Ultra detailed player face detail
3) Super realistic looking football pitches, maybe the grass patch may be damaged like real life...
4) No more collision bugs like players limbs passing thru each other.
5) Realistic ball physics using CELL's physics engine

Most of these features should be seen in new winning eleven series though im not too optimistic about WE 10

Clothes movement.. I think it can be done now.. of course when they're running, ever played Grand Theft auto? specially one that has motorcycles, well, when they guy rides the motorcycle, you can see his shirt moving because of the wind.. So I think it can be done on WE now.. when they players run..

well, that gta shirt is just a simple animation that repeats.footie shirts are much more complex.and you have 22 of them...

Let's hope they use the technology to vastly improve the woeful AI and scripted physics in WE8LE (and no doubt in WE9 too).

the gta shirt is purely animation, what we see in ps3 is pure physics from the CELL technology, they can even simulate an explosion using pure physics from the chip

WOW, I'm already waiting ..

- Can we see 3D fans ?? better than these stupid ones in WE8 and the past Versions !!
- Coachs and the sub Players !!

What else !!

I hope nobody mentions that they want the games on PS3 to look like the Intro Movies from WE.
They are just too cartoony they need to just sharpen the existing graphics so it looks like real Tv footage.
It would be like that cell shading crap if they went that direction.

What I am looking forward to the most is the sound.The environment. When I'm watching a match we hear the crowd singing songs making noice and when a team is really putting the pressure on they yell even more to support them. This is what I'm really looking forward too when you play a match. That the crowd really tries to push their team forward. I don't say the sound in Winning Eleven at this moment is bad, but I can't feel that special thing what I do feel when I'm every weekend in the stadium of my favourite team.

What I want more:

-More movement around the pitch. For example: Stewards running around the pitch, ball boys, police, players who are warming up,...

Last edited:
-stadiums of all teams
-taking off shirts (celebration)
-indoor football
-more leagues even if they havent the licences (turkey, austria, portugal, belgium etc.)

Ernestito said:
-stadiums of all teams
-indoor football
-more leagues even if they havent the licences (turkey, austria, portugal, belgium etc.)

-license? ;)
-nice point
-nah, not so popular that konami will take care of
-yup.

OPM said:
-license? ;)
-nice point
-nah, not so popular that konami will take care of
-yup.

well, indoor football was just a thought :)
its ok, if we play only on grass.

and you´re right, they also need licences for stadiums.but i still hope that we can get the most important stadiums which actually are missing in the game (maracana, azteca, bernabeu, new wembley and many more....)

Ernestito said:
-stadiums of all teams
-indoor football

Would you people stop whining about better celebration things! There are more urgent problems in the gameplay that really need to be fixed... As stated in another topic.

Last edited:
TrebuTa said:
Would you people stop whining about better celebration things! There are more urgent problems in the gameplay that are really needed... As stated in another topic.

this is a topic where you can discuss about FUTURE winning eleven games.bring on your own ideas or dont read this topic.

I would like indoor just to practice more with my shooting. Of course, there is a practice mode, but playing 5 on 5 would open up more opportunities all while playing a game.

Your thoughts are so superficial.

The PS3 is capable of a LOT. You guys should check out the Fifa 2005 Next-gen video to get an idea.

The intro-videos for the WE series is actually a good place to look. Sure, the faces and all look cartoony, but their more realistic than what is out now, and surely will not disappoint anyone. Expect controlled rag-doll physics as well as an engine that plays with the physics of jerseys/hair/grass, etc. The PS3 RSX graphics card is capable of creating a very diverse and detailed atmosphere. The PS3 will require HD on every game, Sony won't allow anything less. The graphics would be undeniably superb. Licenses will most likely apply, seeing that Konami is doing such a great job in the past couple years to rack up some more licenses.

Asking for things such as licenses, celebrations can be easily surpassed in the WE generation of PS2. Expect to be blown away come next year.

I'd like to see individual grass strain textures for each little bit of grass. Also i want dust to come off players shirts, it may not be visible but i want it. Also, Id like each individual kit texture to be different on every player.

:roll:

- realism fans that cheer up when player scores, also stand up when there's nasty challenge or bad refere decision

- Total control over the ball even when loosing players ability to put their feet or push other players to win it back

- Improved realism penalty kicks , inside foot, chipping and also player animation must look real when taking penalties

- Improved goalies with one handed saves as well as Controlling GK Movements

- Total Control over the wall when free kicks and the control of keeper to position

- Better player animation and movements, more flexible players like real life movements

- Side flag referee to decide the new RULE offside decision

- More licensed teams, and improved kits to look more real even from far

- Wider camera angle for complete control over the pitch is a must but ofcourse the vision of thje pitch also must be good so even when its far it would be clear to see whats going on

- After players score, ability to control their celebration by click r2 to take shirt off or r3 to do backflip and every good player with different score animation

- Picking up the ball with feet to chest , controlling head to have powerful shots

- Hopefully some visuals of players after they get inured , such as blood or patch on their arm or head

- New tricks of course

don´t think 360\ will be up to the challenge, not now that sony anounced the use of the aegis(i think) chip - tha's a dedicated processor just for phisics calculations

This is great to imagine the future of Pes, especially on the PS3...

But there is an important question to ask:

Are we able to make a game "realistic" and in the same time "playable"?

For exemple, the cameras...this is impossible to play with realistic view...(TV camera in PES) Fifa tries it as a default view, but the perspective is not a good perspective to play...
The way we look things is important, and that it makes real...

For the future, I especially expect no big pixels, just smooth texture, no lag, (this is the first thing we can expect for)...

and, yeah, I'm dreaming of shirts movement, hair movement, grass movement, net movement, substitutes movement heating, just all in movement... :)

...Oh, bad english, excuse my bad english...

Last edited by a moderator:
- more ambient / environmental effects (crowds, coaches, players on the bench, occasional streakers during WEFA championships, when ball goes out of play, instead of cutting scene show player running to sideline and someone tossing him the ball etc while clock runs continuously, same for all dead ball situations)
- more sophisticated AI routines and physics
- increased graphical detail (models, textures, cloth/hair engine, ball physics, pitch damage, nets [GK's water bottle getting knocked over])
- enhanced master league mode (play as manager and get recruited to other clubs, concurrently have ability to coach national team and integrate national cup competitions along with club play and have ability to manage one or another, get sacked by club for sucking etc, get recruited to coach national teams.. this way you can play on and on and let the virtual world evolve as you play different clubs/national teams or go jobless until you get a coaching job before your WEN points run out..)
- smooth and reliable online play for up to 22 players

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom